Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @Anzen

So what?

That does no longer justify elemental's bad shape. Hybrid tax should be gone with MoP, there have been plenty of blue posts stating that Ele dmg is not tuned around heal support, heroism or storm lash. But yeah, hybrid tax still seems to be alive.

I have no problem with being behind mage, warlock, hunter, etc. - what counts is the margin.

Deleted
    Alright, simple question: Do mastery, EotE and KTT proccs stack the debuff on Immerseus HC? I often end up with 6+ stacks (seemingly instantly) from 3-4, even though I'm already CL-ing the adds like no tomorrow. I try to dispell (glyphed SR) after 3 stacks, stack to 3 again then switch to adds. I suspect that I just have a pretty severe case of tunnelvision, but I need some clarification.
    Last edited by mmoce86fe97048; 2014-01-08 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    Alright, simple question: Do mastery, EotE and KTT proccs stack the debuff on Immerseus HC? I often end up with 6+ stacks (seemingly instantly) from 3-4, even though I'm already CL-ing the adds like no tomorrow. I try to dispell (glyphed SR) after 3 stacks, stack to 3 again then switch to adds. I suspect that I just have a pretty severe case of tunnelvision, but I need some clarification.
    Yes they do, it's a bug Blizzard said they'd fix Soon™ (I believe hunters have the same issue with AMoC).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Yes they do, it's a bug Blizzard said they'd fix Soon™ (I believe hunters have the same issue with AMoC).
    So it wasn't just me. Thanks for the answer.

Deleted
    Guys, switch to 25man there you dont need to worry about the stacks and the raid also is much more fun to be in 10man hc feels like some freaking heroic challenge mode or some other nonsense.

You should already be looking for 25mans because WoD forces 20man! Better be prepared with solid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Guys, switch to 25man there you dont need to worry about the stacks and the raid also is much more fun to be in 10man hc feels like some freaking heroic challenge mode or some other nonsense.

You should already be looking for 25mans because WoD forces 20man! Better be prepared with solid guild.
    Bold text is 100% personal preference regardless of what WoD is going to force in change.
    Worrying about stacks is neither here nor there between 10 and 25man considering how our procs effect the stacks. However I'm sure you're directing that comment at having more healers to dispel, somewhat of a cheap answer. Glyphed Sham Rage solves the problem regardless, even accounting proc RNG. I personally take the stacks to 4 then Sham rage it off and stay off of Immerseus focusing adds, if procs bring it back up it's generally only to 2 or 3 which isn't a massive threat, however this generally doesn't seem to happen.

In regards to 25M though since I expect some comeback statement . There are those of us who will look to finish the heroic tier out how they started as a 10M, having a Heroic Garrosh kill under the guild's belt will boost recruitment allowing a transition into 25M for the remainder of the expansion in prep for WoD. Plenty of time to filter out a roster since Beta hasn't even started yet and another arena season has been confirmed.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2014-01-12 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Wording.

Deleted

Though this is all a little bit off topic, but I would like to add to your comment that 10m hc is by far more popular than 25m hc despite that more WF items are dropping in 25man and that (this is my personal opinion, but I also often hear this from former 25m raiders) 25m is easier (e.g. because of more flexibility because you have all classes and more player per class available, you can stand in damaging effects because you simply have enough healers to counter the damage, etc.).

Why is that so?

Imho, the reasons are:
    - The computers of many players are not able to withstand 25m raiding - this seriously is a topic even in our guild when we are talking about 20man in WoD! Our priest already said that he will most likely either not be able to play or have to buy a new PC.
    - Raid organization is much more difficult. I remember my own old "25man days" and bringing together a competitive raid was a very difficult task for our officers. As long as you are only an average guild (like most in the world), player recruitment and keeping your raid together demands a lot of time.
    - Many players (like myself) enjoy 10man because it is less crowded, you can play with those you like most, the atmosphere in teamspeak is different, etc.

I guess you can also think of other reasons but those are my most important ones.
    So yeah, I don't like the idea of 20man hc raiding in WoD and I / my guild will most likely stay 10man for the rest of MoP to simply enjoy the remaining time of 10man hc.
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2014-01-12 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typos

Deleted
    Quick question about fire elemental totem, should I wait for trinket procs before I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngver View Post
    Quick question about fire elemental totem, should I wait for trinket procs before I use it?
    No. Sucks I need a minimum typing limit before I can post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngver View Post
    Totems scale dynamically with procs eg. You drop a totem then get a massive intellect proc, the totem would benefit from the intellect proc even though you dropped it before it happened.

Admittedly I have heard Immerseus is a pain in the arse on 10 man, though I wouldn't judge raid balance from it since a handful of fights are substantially easier on 10 aswell.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-24 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    25man Immerseus, you really dont have to worry about the stacks at all, they get soaked so fast that it doesnt stack over 3-4 on anyone. Weirdly on 10man theres the same amount of stacks to soak..

And having raided both 10 and 25 heroic modes this tier, some bosses are easier on 10man, some easier on 25man. But i must say everything before Blackfuse is pretty easy in both difficulties.

About the atmosphere of a raid: 10man feels way too small for a raid, 25man sometimes feels a tad too big. I mean theres almost never the exact same ppl in the raid, feels weird that you dont even know the ppl your raiding with. Much harder to monitor the performance of ppl, takes longer time to comb the ones not suitable for heroics out. I can imagine some guilds that have run 25man for years to have the perfect raiding atmosphere.

Im very happy 20mans are coming, imo the perfect raid size.

Our guild went 25man just for the loot. We got so frustrated that some pieces never dropped, and over 50% went to DE (every other boss drops pala healing gear, too bad we didnt have one). Now in 25man its just so much better, 1/4 of the loot that drops is WF and hardly anything goes to DE + we can boost new recruits gear much easier than in 10man.

Hello,

I just want to know if I'm missing something magical. Im having big problems with hit on the gear. Im at around 565 in ilvl and 1.52% over the hitcap with no hit/spirit gems and everything reforged away from spi/hit.

It just seems like all items have either spirit or hit on them. From what I can see, all items except one ring, boots and 4 set pieces have spirit/hit on them. If you want to use 1H + Shield.
    Are you guys using a staff or a normal OH to get rid of spirit? Or Have I missed something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trollboll View Post
    Hello,

I just want to know if I'm missing something magical. Im having big problems with hit on the gear. Im at around 565 in ilvl and 1.52% over the hitcap with no hit/spirit gems and everything reforged away from spi/hit.

It just seems like all items have either spirit or hit on them. From what I can see, all items except one ring, boots and 4 set pieces have spirit/hit on them. If you want to use 1H + Shield.
    Are you guys using a staff or a normal OH to get rid of spirit? Or Have I missed something?

Thanks
    Having ridiculous amounts of hit is normal for an end tier (especially this one where Blizzard thought it would be absolutely hilarious to put spirit on nearly every single mail item) and you're not alone with that problem.

Admittedly being lucky with drops can help massively (ie garrosh off-hand, thok ring, blackfuse boots, etc)
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-11 at 10:20 AM.

Hello peoples! I'm Guru and I just starting playing my Ele shaman as my main again and I've been using askmrfailbot as a "guide" to geming/reforging, it is worth doing what it says in terms of gems and reforging? After almost every peace of new gear I spend around 1-2kg(seems like a lot) and on my warrior(old main) throughout the xpac I just gemed and reforged the way I wanted too and that worked out fine for me on that toon.

So what's the best thing to do, I know what the stat priority is for the most part. Would using a well done spreadsheet(can't find one) be better over all?

Always wondered this but does the Fire Elemental work like a DoT when summoned where it snapshots stats or does it update dynamically?
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    Always wondered this but does the Fire Elemental work like a DoT when summoned where it snapshots stats or does it update dynamically?

Updates dynamically. dynamically.
    Last edited by Gurushock; 2014-02-06 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    Literally got answered like five posts above.

Deleted
    Really nice guide, thanks for the good read!

I was lucky enough to get warforged shoulders from Dark Sham the first week my guild start carrying my shaman. If I'm well over the hit cap, can I drop the spirit gems in my shoulders? Should I still look to get the socket bonus? Also, I realize the timeless isle trinket is terrible, and the warforged cleave trinket is terrible for single target DPS, but what else should I be looking to upgrade?

My guild will be putting me in this week's heroic immers, I think. I'm excited to be trying heroics the first time back during MoP, been such a hiatus. I really need help as far as priority in playstale as far as single target goes. Any help is appreciated:

Drop Fire Eletotem during the start of p1, blow CD (berserk, eng gloves use, Ascendance)
    Whenever lust will be, drop first of the 2 shaman's in our raid Stormlash
    fire shock
    lvb
    Ele blast
    earth shock with 7 stacks
    lb
    keep searing totem maintained when w/o fire eletotem
    Earthbind totem before puddles in p2 are targetable
    Replace with chain lightning if 3 or more are grouped during split phase as SOON as puddles are targetable.

Also, I'd post armory but it appears that I'm not above the spammer reputation here.
    If you'd like to help my armory:
    Wow armory
    Bleeding Hollow (US HORDE)
    Deathrites

TANKS LOT
    Last edited by Xeonii; 2014-02-12 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    I was lucky enough to get warforged shoulders from Dark Sham the first week my guild start carrying my shaman. If I'm well over the hit cap, can I drop the spirit gems in my shoulders? Should I still look to get the socket bonus? Also, I realize the timeless isle trinket is terrible, and the warforged cleave trinket is terrible for single target DPS, but what else should I be looking to upgrade?

My guild will be putting me in this week's heroic immers, I think. I'm excited to be trying heroics the first time back during MoP, been such a hiatus. I really need help as far as priority in playstale as far as single target goes. Any help is appreciated:

Drop Fire Eletotem during the start of p1, blow CD (berserk, eng gloves use, Ascendance)
    Whenever lust will be, drop first of the 2 shaman's in our raid Stormlash
    fire shock
    lvb
    Ele blast
    earth shock with 7 stacks
    lb
    keep searing totem maintained when w/o fire eletotem
    Earthbind totem before puddles in p2 are targetable
    Replace with chain lightning if 3 or more are grouped during split phase as SOON as puddles are targetable.

Also, I'd post armory but it appears that I'm not above the spammer reputation here.
    If you'd like to help my armory:
    Wow armory
    Bleeding Hollow (US HORDE)
    Deathrites

TANKS LOT
    Should definitely be gemming pure mastery in your shoulders (ignoring socket bonus) if it's going to put you over hit cap.

I'm not a big fan of the Fire Elemental glyph personally, something like the SWG would easily be a better substitute (and probably a damage increase).

You mentioned both your trinkets are pants, they really are, look to replace them asap (even if it means replacing for LFR Purified Bindings).

As a JC you should be gemming pure intellect instead of pure mastery for your JC only gems. (Primary gems are 160 int, JC are 320 = 160 int per gem, 320 int in total. Secondary gems are 320 mastery, JC are 480 = 160 mastery per gem, 320 mastery in total. -- 320 Int > 320 Mastery (I don't know why the secondary stat JC gems aren't 640, but that's for another topic).

The rotation you mentioned at the top is okay I suppose, too early in the morning to go into vast detail, though you probably will wanna swap Earthbind with Earthquake on top of the puddles in p2 (reason being, if you are in range of them, it's unlikely you won't kill them in time, since you can't DPS pre-casting Earthquake is a slight DPS increase, you should also do the same on the boss before he emerges.)

Because of the fight timing, you are also able to drop Searing Totem when the boss is about to emerge and the sha puddles are dead, you shouldn't be dropping it when there are things attackable.

EDIT: Also, since it sounds like you probably haven't done heroic yet, you should probably change your rotation to "1. Chain Lightning" - you'll see why, good luck!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-12 at 08:25 AM.