Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thok 10H - Kor'kron Jailer damage?

Hello,

My guild just started on Thok 10H yesterday and i have some questions

First of all this is not an "another cooldown rotation help thread#423534564".

I'm the MT (Cress, prot paladin), no problem solo tanking the boss.

I want to ask about the Kor'kron Jailer adds, anyone able to provide the exact damage per melee swing.

The Jailer hits hard, but it's not that hard, i have no problems whatsoever tanking it, especially with absurd vengeance i got from phase 1.

but during our total attempts, i was getting one shotted TWICE

[16:15:34.427] Kor'kron Jailer hits Cress 321557
    [16:15:34.427] Kor'kron Jailer hits Cress 784216

>I was at FULL HEALTH, around 1,1M
    >The Jailer DOES NOT have an enrage buff (it's already dispelled around 3-4 seconds before i died).

I looked all over the log, sometimes he hits once, and sometimes he hit twice in a row.

Am i overlooking something or just a bad luck/lag?

Because i obviously don't want this to happen on our next attempt, i feel dumb watching myself get one shotted for

1,1 million damage.

Log: [worldoflogs.com]/reports/tmye20ticq92iu10/

(sorry looks like new member can't post a link off the bat, remove the [ ])

You take increased damage due to the Fearsome roar (I believe it's called that) and the Jailer starts hitting really really hard due to that. You either need to save cooldowns for the jailer, ask for external cooldowns and just hope to be lucky to dodge/parry those attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    You take increased damage due to the Fearsome roar (I believe it's called that) and the Jailer starts hitting really really hard due to that. You either need to save cooldowns for the jailer, ask for external cooldowns and just hope to be lucky to dodge/parry those attacks.
    You mean the panic debuff?

i thought it only increases the damage of subsequent roar (panic)?

www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tmye20ticq92iu10/ <OP's link.

Panic is just all damage taken. That's the risk you take for tanking him with Panic. You'll get ridiculous vengeance and won't need help killing him at all, but he actually hits pretty hard and can easily kill you if you get unlucky.

Him swinging twice is just because he dual-wields. Sometimes they'll just sync up like that, other times he'll swing once a second. Mostly it just sucks for him though, because it gives him a decently high miss chance.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-01-15 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post

Panic is just all damage taken. That's the risk you take for tanking him with Panic. You'll get ridiculous vengeance and won't need help killing him at all, but he actually hits pretty hard and can easily kill you if you get unlucky.

Him swinging twice is just because he dual-wields. Sometimes they'll just sync up like that, other times he'll swing once a second. Mostly it just sucks for him though, because it gives him a decently high miss chance.
    oh that explains it then, i'll just ask for ironbark/sacrifice.

just noticed the jailer is dual wielding souldrinker -_-

thanks all

A couple disarms can trivialize the Jailer's damage even when you're at high stacks of Panic. You have a rogue and I believe you have the flexibility for one of your hunters to grab a Disarm Pet as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm View Post
    A couple disarms can trivialize the Jailer's damage even when you're at high stacks of Panic. You have a rogue and I believe you have the flexibility for one of your hunters to grab a Disarm Pet as well.
    Thanks, will keep that in mind

Deleted
    Why dont you just two tank it if you are having problems?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Why dont you just two tank it if you are having problems?
    i'm not having problems, just curious how did the jailer manage to oneshot me with 1,1M damage

Log say you had 7 stacks of panic (175% increased damage), getting one shot by the jailor (it melee swung with both weapons at the same time which is normal) isn't really surprising if you had no cooldowns up.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-15 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Log say you had 7 stacks of panic (175% increased damage), getting one shot by the jailor (it melee swung with both weapons at the same time which is normal) isn't really surprising if you had no cooldowns up.
    yeah i initially thought panic only increases the damage of fearsome roar. Turns out to be all sources of damage.

As mentioned the Jailer is disarmable so you'll want to do that with the Rogue at least (dunno if the Priest disarm will work or not). Also, have the Rogue or a Druid watch the Jailer for when it enrages so that you can Shiv/Soothe it to minimize its damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cress View Post
    i'm not having problems, just curious how did the jailer manage to oneshot me with 1,1M damage
    I'm not having problems. Except this problem.

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post

Got it.
    Dying to the jailer in one attempt is hardly worth losing a DPS over. Especially considering that's the only jailer in the fight who's threatening.

And besides, even though we personally 2-tank it, I prefer to hold that jailer with my panic stacks. Moar vengeance .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Dying to the jailer in one attempt is hardly worth losing a DPS over. Especially considering that's the only jailer in the fight who's threatening.

And besides, even though we personally 2-tank it, I prefer to hold that jailer with my panic stacks. Moar vengeance .
    ^this

disarm works lika a charm, no more jailer random oneshot.

17% today, should kill it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post

Got it.
    Holy shit the tank died once!!! Better 2 tank it instead of solving the issue!

Use a CD if you still have the debuff from the boss, When add enrages make sure its dispelled with hunter Tranq, Rogue or Soothe

Quote Originally Posted by Cress View Post
    ^this

disarm works lika a charm, no more jailer random oneshot.

17% today, should kill it tomorrow
    Report back when you got the kill!
    just curious. what are you whiping now?
    enrage? not enough healing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Holy shit the tank died once!!! Better 2 tank it instead of solving the issue!
    Tank dying once does not seem to warrant a forum thread. If he bothered to make a thread if feels like it is a bigger issue for them. If that is the case then why bother trying to solo tank a boss that is very easily duo tanked. It seems to have caused them more trouble than it is worth. Especially considering having two tanks on this boss is not that bad at all, in a lot of cases it is almost easier.

Going two tanks can also be a part of solving the issue. We honestly would not have killed the boss without using two tanks. We would never have made the enrage with one tank.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2014-01-16 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Tank dying once does not seem to warrant a forum thread. If he bothered to make a thread if feels like it is a bigger issue for them. If that is the case then why bother trying to solo tank a boss that is very easily duo tanked. It seems to have caused them more trouble than it is worth. Especially considering having two tanks on this boss is not that bad at all, in a lot of cases it is almost easier.

Going two tanks can also be a part of solving the issue. We honestly would not have killed the boss without using two tanks. We would never have made made the enrage with one tank.
    I noticed huge damage from them even on normal solotanking thok on my monk, which obviously is going to be worse on heroic.
    Searching for a solution i noticed they can be disarmed - and do a lot less damage while in that state.
    1 full duration disarm covers most of the time until the debuff drops, 2 should do it entirely if you have enough disarms available.