Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Night Elf Shaman Just Feels Right

As it stands right now, Night Elf can't be Shaman. To me, this doesn't feel right and seems like they'd at least be somewhat equipped to be one with the elements considering their history as Druid's. I've asked in-game and only ever gotten the "it goes against lore" response but no substantial explanation.

How do you guys feel about the race/class combo and what's truly preventing it from happening?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea every class isn't available to every race, but I'd love my dk being a panda >.>

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    I like the idea every class isn't available to every race, but I'd love my dk being a panda >.>
    I agree in that aspect but this one in particular seems like it should've happened.

I dunno, it's already bad enough that the night elf hunter in my group comes up to me in transmogged into the current shaman tier claiming to be a shaman...

Although I suppose technically it would make more sense than dwarves? Although I always thought Night Elves were more about Nature than the Elements overall.

Yeah I'm all for it. Lore is a stupid reason to limit race/class combos, they need to give it up. I'd be willing to bet only 2% or 3% of current subs actually cares about lore. I see Blizz opening this up somewhere down the line just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Yeah I'm all for it. Lore is a stupid reason to limit race/class combos, they need to give it up. I'd be willing to bet only 2% or 3% of current subs actually cares about lore. I see Blizz opening this up somewhere down the line just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    Your numbers are way off. Most people care at least a little bit about some kind of lore. We don't need every class/race combo.

I dont know, Druidism was a gift from Cenarious. A controversial one at first since it turned a bunch of nightelves from Elune, to a life dedicated to the balance.

Whereas shamanism is a talent cultivated by tribal societies, communicating with elemental spirits and appeasing them.

Maybe with all the damage done to the elven forests elves will turn to the earthen ring, in a hope to mend the land.
    (Assuming the druids are too incompetent. But that would piss alot of druids off, being labeled 2nd class world menders )

I dont think any race not from Dreanor should be able to be shamman.

- - - Updated - - -

Also barefoot night elf female shamman would be mega sexy. I want it now.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Rogue.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Also since elune is all about the light of the moon, why dont we have night elves being moonlight paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I dunno, it's already bad enough that the night elf hunter in my group comes up to me in transmogged into the current shaman tier claiming to be a shaman...

Although I suppose technically it would make more sense than dwarves? Although I always thought Night Elves were more about Nature than the Elements overall.
    Night elves lore revolves around nature in general like a druid not a shaman. Shamans revolve around using the elements which can be mistaken as nature. Night elves do not fit in with the lore of being a shaman. Dwarves do because of the use of earth elements for their mining exploration.

There's tauren priests and goblin shamans, so at this point anything is fucking possible. Bring on the orc priests and gnome druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    Dwarves do because of the use of earth elements for their mining exploration.
    That is one of the shallowest, dumbest lore justifications I have ever read. Oh they're shamans because they like to mine shit? Of course!

Mod-note: Keep it clean, please. There is no need for such reactions.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-16 at 10:13 PM.

Lore or not lore, it shouldn't happen IMO. Cata was already bad enough. They shouldn't have added more classes to the existing races. It's what made them unique.

Barefoot human female priest are cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Lore or not lore, it shouldn't happen IMO. Cata was already bad enough. They shouldn't have added more classes to the existing races. It's what made them unique.
    No way. Gnomes got the "short" end of the stick with the fewest available classes since Lore restricted them too much. I fully welcomed Gnome Priests. All of the additional classes were as "unique" and respectful to lore as Holy Undead Priests.

Deleted
    I don't think NE Shaman makes any sense, and I really hope they never add them.

To each their own, and all the jazz.

Edit: But people are right, there are far worse combinations. I almost sigh each time I see a Tauren Shadow Priest, I mean... /eugh

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no compelling reason that every race shouldn't be allowed to be any class. It opens up more gameplay options and emphasizes the idea that races should be purely cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Considering Lore is a massive part of the game, Lore is a perfect reason to limit race/class combos. A pandaren warlock? An orc Paladin? An Undead druid? No. Just no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    There's no compelling reason that every race shouldn't be allowed to be any class. It opens up more gameplay options and emphasizes the idea that races should be purely cosmetic.
    There are loads of compelling reasons. And "not feeling right" is completely viable. And races being cosmetic will never be emphasized. Races have meaning. Making the game even more watered down and dull isn't helping it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already have a Draenei Shaman for my Alliance and a Night Elf Hunter, but if people want a Night Elf Shaman I am all up for it.
    For the Horde!

I want Worgen Shaman. We already have an NPC to back it up. And it would make a ton more sense than the "Harvest Witches" thing they pulled out for Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Night Elves believe only in Elune as their goddess. They consider the elements harmful to nature, and a pox on Azeroth. No, it would not make any sense whatsoever for them to be Shaman.
    The lore changed. Same reason Thrall was all like "But you were a champion of the Light, Benny Hill!' During the HoT dungeons. Taken out of their comfort zones and forced to see other cultures, even Night Elves leaders have respect for Shamans.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."