Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    1. Remove ranged stuns.
    2. Remove automatic snares bound into rotation spells.
    3. Give all fears in the game an equal cd of 16 seconds. and finally make them break under damage.
    4. Remove mindcontrol from the game coz it's well annoying.
    5. Remove blanket silences, but in return give them a more reliable and frequen interrupt.
    6. Reduce the duration of garrote silence in half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    None, can't afford to lose any, in fact we probably need more as evidenced by lowest arena rep.

Main WW Monk.
    lol you need more? you probably need to practice harder, the very high end monks can sit on targets like rogues and warriors do.

Arena rep means jack all. People just reroll to whichever is the strongest, currently that's warriors and hpriests.

If monks were that op, everyone would be playing it right now (at least the melee)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Hunter

Actually, none. All of the CC i currently own is CC i already had prior to MoP. Maybe the arrow that is exclusive to marksmanship, besides that none.
    It's a talent for like half a year now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by primoriscruor View Post
    Ice Ward for my Mage, I like the differences in playstyle that taking RoF/Frostjaw entail. Another Nova just seems so dull and lacking in creativity. Maybe it would be a great place to put Blast Wave or Impact back in (or maybe even Early Frost)!
    You sure are sacrificing a lot of CC. Don't overdo it, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The only "CC" my main has is Deathgrip and chains of frost. If anything, I would like to see something more effective if we're going to be removing something from Deathknights.
    you dont play your main very often

Deleted
    This thread quickly derailed to "Tell us what cc you would like to see removed from classes that dominate you in pvp".

It sort of worked out for a page or two tho...

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Mind Control - had 3s cast time so it was very situational, cutting it out wouldn't have noticeably weakened them
    Shackle Undead - only against DKs, not relevant to overall performance either
    a few other things - ???

So yes, only Psychic Scream was really used until then and did perfectly fine with it. Was fun too.
    I not only do I disagree with you, Reckoner, but I question now if you have any idea what your talking about - at least with regards to Priest CC.

I can't believe you don't know how good Mind Control could be - esp. in 2's. In 3's it was lackluster but still on a separate DR.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2014-01-15 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a huntress: id be glad to give up intimidation.

id also love to remove trap launcher and switch to arrows that do the trap effects on hit. leave it toggle-able, so traps can still be placed.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-01-15 at 04:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Such a formulaic approach sounds boring imo. I like it when classes are different because they have different amounts of CC available. Same goes for burst, sustained damage ("pressure"), tankiness, mobility, support. You can probably add more categories, but I'd like it if classes wouldn't be the same across the board. What if someone doesn't want to play a class with that much CC?

It would also mean that you'd actually have to add abilities to healing Priests because they don't have 2 CCs and 2 impairs (maybe also others, can't tell off the top of my head).

Another Priest anti-CC spell I only thought of now: Shadow Word: Death to break sheeps and other CC should never go away.
    I can see what your saying, it was just an idea. A few others of mine is that have a universal dr where if you get cced so much no cc works for a while.

But this is what I think should be done with silences and interrupts. Blizzard has been wanting to change blanket silences and this is my idea. Make the silences not let you use any instant cast spells, this will stop people from casting instants and force that person to cast and stop them from pillar humping, this will also make more synergy with classes that have and interrupt and another one that has a silence(melee/caster/healer combo).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I not only do I disagree with you, Reckoner, but I question now if you have any idea what your talking about - at least with regards to Priest CC.

I can't believe you don't know how good Mind Control could be - esp. in 2's. In 3's it was lackluster but still on a separate DR.
    Mind Control could be very good, yes. It was still very situational and didn't really factor into Priest overall PvP performance, which is what we're talking about here. The better argument you could make would be that Mind Control is simply a fun ability and therefore it should stay.

The original point was that Priests can do fine even with just Psychic Scream in an environment where other classes also have reduced CC. Personally, I wouldn't mind some minor CC spell besides Psychic Scream.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-15 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    1. Remove ranged stuns.
    2. Remove automatic snares bound into rotation spells.
    3. Give all fears in the game an equal cd of 16 seconds. and finally make them break under damage.
    4. Remove mindcontrol from the game coz it's well annoying.
    5. Remove blanket silences, but in return give them a more reliable and frequen interrupt.
    6. Reduce the duration of garrote silence in half.

- - - Updated - - -

lol you need more? you probably need to practice harder, the very high end monks can sit on targets like rogues and warriors do.

Arena rep means jack all. People just reroll to whichever is the strongest, currently that's warriors and hpriests.

If monks were that op, everyone would be playing it right now (at least the melee)

- - - Updated - - -

It's a talent for like half a year now lol.
    It's a i haven't played for like half a year lol. So excuse me for not knowing the talent name, binding arrow or shot was it called? Besides that all other CC which hunters have we had prior to MoP and nobody complained.

I'd like for Asphyxiate to be removed in exchange for a Strangulate off the GCD and rune cost. I'd like Gnaw to be on a 30 sec CD too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtt View Post
    I play a few classes.

Shaman - Capacitator
    Mage - either frost or pet nova. Shouldn't have both
    DK - asphixiate
    Hunter - Wyvern Sting
    Rogue - Just take away cloak and dagger, leave me with heaps off cc.. it's my thing
    Pal - fear wtf
    Monk - blanket kick isn't required.
    Priest - .................
    Mind Control or Chastise no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    paralysis

/10char
    This! Please!

All lvl 45 talents (RoF, IceWard, Frostjaw) and Cold Snap shouldnt affect IB. Same goes for hunter deterrance...major def abilitites that make you immune to stuff shouldt be able to use twice! You use them once to save your ass, then you have to look for yourself. Some classes have 0 faceroll def abilities. Why other should have 2?

If you alternate IB or Deterrance with a major cd for example of a healer in 2s, you are unkillable...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    This thread quickly derailed to "Tell us what cc you would like to see removed from classes that dominate you in pvp".

It sort of worked out for a page or two tho...
    Yep or that people will suggest another CC to have in its place "Oh you can take my stun, but in return I would like a silence instead"

I thought people would be intelligent enough to know blizzard is trying to reduce the amount of cc in this game and will mean tough decisions will need to be made without compensation or one cc swapped for another.

Well done to those who have named cc to remove from their class unconditionally, you can consider yourself smarter than most people on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    None, can't afford to lose any, in fact we probably need more as evidenced by lowest arena rep.

Main WW Monk.
    the lack of cc isn't ww problem, not even close. Its their unreliable defensive cds, their burst still has a large ramp up time, and that they overlap dr with just about everyone.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Mage. None. Bring back COC root.
    Pretty much this . feel free to remove dragon's breath

My Class: Monk
    CC to Remove: None, without them and karma monks are so easy to kill.

Class: Paladin
    CC: Blinding Light

as a death knight....

id say the double grip on the set bonus in pvp. ppl underestimate the power of that in a cleave team or in RBGs.

if i was being selfish id say remorseless winter(mostly cuz i dont even use it)

*edit* i wrote glove enchant at first lol. man if that was an enchant itd be op

*2nd edit* derp its from the set bonus not the gloves....it all blurs together when u just replace same gear with the same gear 4 seasons in a row

Deleted
    on my DK - Remorseless Winter

I'll try to be as unbiased as I can.

For my mage, I would be okay with these things going away, as long as we were compensated with either a bit more survivability or damage. Mostly survivability though.
    Polymorph on a 15 second CD. This should be the same as with all spammable CC. Cyclone, Fear, Mind Control, etc.
    Improved Counterspell. The silence portion should be taken away from both mages and locks. It is okay for Shadow Priests, in my opinion, because it isn't actually an interrupt. I would also like to see a reduction in the cool down of Counterspell if that were to happen, from 24 seconds to 20 seconds.
    Ice Ward - Either make it share DR with other roots or just get rid of it, OR give this root back to Cone of Cold.
    Ring of Frost - Polymorph is enough CC. We don't need another CC that shares DR.

Paladin
    Take away Turn Evil fear and Repentance. Make the talents have to do with Hammer of Justice. Give it a 40 yard range. Give it a decreased cool down. Increase its duration by 2 seconds. That makes way more sense than giving another form of CC.

That's about it for my two classes. All in all, the biggest change I want to see is to take away spammable CC. Every form of CC needs at least a 15 second cool down, in my honest opinion.

Holy paladin and blinding light.

Looking at this thread though, so many people seem to want casted CC gone and replaced with easier to use CC. I think the main problem is not necessarily the amount of CC that's been introduced though, but instead the ease of use it has. Almost all the CC added this expansion was instant.