Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Im fucking disgusted how some of the best looking mounts end up in the store. Fairie Dragon and now Iron Skyreaver??
    Fixed that for you

There are plenty of amazing in game mounts.

P.S. Brought mine (first store mount I have actually brought for myself!)

Didn't we just have a store mount only a few weeks ago!? If they say all time spent on mop delays wod, how are they justifying all these mounts. Were going to be without new content for months and months more, but I see they have time to add store items on top of sub prices.... despicable. ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see yet another awesome mount relegated to the Blizzard $tore, but hey, it helps fun the game without causing a hike in subscription fees, so why not?

As for the Battegrounds, in Classic it would have been Alterac Valley no question, it was literally like being a unit in a Warcraft III game. The epic battles, Ivus and the Frost Lord, calling in Cavalry charges and Airstrikes! Nowadays I'd say Warsong Gulch, because it's possible for one skilled player to really make a difference, only sucks when people take the flag then farm.

I can't fathom how Alterac is winning the poll, when most Horde can't stand it due to its horrible imbalances.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    IoC and SotA default voted off, on any of my char, be it Ally or Horde. I can't stand Wrath BGs, i do not know what devs were smoking during making those and tought Vehicle combat will be fun, terrible Battlegrounds, especially before changes to SotA, it was frickin 'PvE to kill the demo', and now they even made it worse...AOE AROUND BOMBS ALL DAY ERR DAY, because that makes for better gameplay

For me AB > Kotogu > WSG > rest
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Some Ghostcrawler (the twitter post's still on the front page if you think i made them up)

quotesfromgc/

"Blizzard employs X artists. If some of those work on Silvermoon, then something else isn't going to get made."

"Even hiring more artists still makes the choice between working on something old or something new."

endquotesgc\

So basically everyone(mostly blizz, but who pays them yadayada) is paying for this crap, but you have to pay a second time to actually get it.

Optional mounts versus better things for everyone does not seem like a good way to stop the erosion of subs.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    AV is not a fun as it used to be. loved it when i could just sit down and kill alliance over a long time in the same AV

10+ Year Old Account
    haha....some Blizz employee somewhere is feeling like a total idiot for making that mount available on the store too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    haha....some Blizz employee somewhere is feeling like a total idiot for making that mount available on the store too early.
    january is the historically lowest month for sales on average for most companies. im sure it will go on sale just before the superbowl when more people than ever will be drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I can't fathom how Alterac is winning the poll, when most Horde can't stand it due to its horrible imbalances.
    Bunch of whiners is what they are. I haven't played a single AV game in the past... well, a pretty damn long time that was decided because of "Alliance-favoring imbalance." The horde barely even try in Alterac Valley anymore. Same goes for Isle of Conquest.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

How in the world is Alterac Valley the highest on the list? It's the worst BG in existance now! It takes forever to traverse the map, no one ever stays somewhere to cap so your team can win(and for good reason, standing around and waiting is boring). I'm glad no one has really voted for Isle of Conquest because that one is even worse, but seriously AV?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstrider View Post
    How in the world is Alterac Valley the highest on the list? It's the worst BG in existance now! It takes forever to traverse the map, no one ever stays somewhere to cap so your team can win(and for good reason, standing around and waiting is boring). I'm glad no one has really voted for Isle of Conquest because that one is even worse, but seriously AV?
    Alterac Valley is plenty of fun for Alliance. I enjoy making the horde squirm. Hell, you can pretty easily force a turtle and grind them down into dust. It's quite enjoyable.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe unlike the bat I might actually buy the skyreaver mount... if they're usable in no-flying areas like dungeons hopefully.

Dammit Blizz.

Personally I enjoy strand of the ancients, kinda even though somehow Horde is more likely to win it from my experience at least.
    How AV is the most enjoyable I don't understand. Alliance usually wins it due to positioning of pvp objectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Maybe unlike the bat I might actually buy the skyreaver mount... if they're usable in no-flying areas like dungeons hopefully.

Dammit Blizz.

Personally I enjoy strand of the ancients, kinda even though somehow Horde is more likely to win it from my experience at least.
    I liked the OLD SoTA. All they've done is double down the zerg factor. After I got the meta for it, it was straight to blacklist...

How AV is the most enjoyable I don't understand. Alliance usually wins it due to positioning of pvp objectives.
    Like I said, that claim is BS in pretty much any AV game nowadays. The horde don't even try.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Alterac Valley: it was a great battleground once upon a time but due to countless nerf's killing mechanic's that wont ever be used until its fixed like the giant's or collecting scraps for summon troop's/buff's or releasing strong allied npc's it is getting more and more boring since now it is all about the rush. it was great back when the fight could last an eternity, yet you still got honor/reputation the longer you stayed and the more objectives you achieved, games could be decided with the team who had the most player's who went for objective's and stalling the enemy to summon stronger npc troops to push through, bases could hardly be solo caped without dying no-matter the gear if you where careless. now it is more like npc's die from 1-3 hits, aside from that its a rush towards the end of the map, ignore enemy player's almost like a pve raid and simply a race of time.... please bring back the epic feeling of the old alterac with new reward's and perhaps new reputation + threatening strong npc's making the fight last for multiple hour's. please bring back what you destroyed by overlooking during expansion's and nerfs or simply split it into 2 version's 1 normal as now and a 2nd hardcore old style.

Strand of the Ancient: same case as AV, npc's and tower's got weaker over time, the map is more of a rush than it is fighting back, currently having the wall's is a disadvantage and the match is just not fun, it was not even that good to begin with but grew worse over time since it was simply just auto scaled with level's rather than taking a look and re-balancing it.

Arathi Basin: a very well made map that goes back all the way to the first battleground's. it has been popular since due to the difference between all bases where each base grants a minor advantage and something negative, like the mine's grant you the possibility to capture it but the enemy cant see whether or not you are there even after capturing it so it put's extra pressure on other bases. the blacksmith serves as a spotter/tactic, where you can spot from a distance and guide your team or simply use as a shortcut. the lumber mill server's as a flight post where you can levitate/slow fall quickly toward's nearby bases should they weaken or be in trouble.

Warsong Gulch: perhaps the most interesting yet balanced fight you can have, it offers the possibility for a team to go all out in a center/base fight or to ninja a flag or tank it through, due to its simplicity it offers a wide area of tactic's

silvershard mines: an interesting map that display's a lot of options for tactic's however the minecart bug that occurs if you flip a switch just when it is turning still occurs from time to time when it turns the other way around and goes back all the way rather than towards a deposit.

Temple of kotmungu: a great map indeed, the creativity is unique and remind's of the first pvp map's if you compare the re-play ability or tactics you can play in them.

note: all in all i gotta say the map's added during mists of pandaria remind me of the creativity of the old first battleground map's they are fun to play and can be replayed without getting you bored with multiple tactics. on the other hand they are still letting AV/SotA die by simply auto balancing and nerfing thing's rather than thinking of those who play for the skill and fun it require's, the fight's have turned into a rush for time rather than a long battle as the map's appeal to and worked the best with, so many map's yet no long map's that last hour's you can join or leave during the fight's. think back on the epic battles from alterac that all remember, there are even some who play on fake server's to achieve/obtain that old feeling again where gear was not everything and npc's where not as similar to critter's as they are now but where you had to think once in awhile if you would encounter 5-10 npc's with aoe slowly taking them down risking your life or wait for backup. now you can aoe or kill them one by one without loosing any health... bring back skill and effort

Deleted
    I still have the option to purchase the sky-reaver from the ingame store. Auchindoun EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr0wl0ck View Post
    Alterac Valley: it was a great battleground once upon a time but due to countless nerf's killing mechanic's that wont ever be used until its fixed like the giant's or collecting scraps for summon troop's/buff's or releasing strong allied npc's it is getting more and more boring since now it is all about the rush.
    You can literally do all of that still.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    I still have the option to purchase the sky-reaver from the ingame store. Auchindoun EU.
    I thought I did too, but then I clicked "buy now" and got a shop error.

Any US server got mount yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    How the hell is AV winning this poll?
    all the bots are voting. AV and IOC are the most blacklisted bg's in the game