Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Iron Skyreaver - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop

Armory Stats - BG Popularity, Connected Realms, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, FCM, Poll

Iron Skyreaver - Available Now In-Game Through the Shop
    It looks like this mount isn't on the US or EU Shop websites or in the US in-game Shop yet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Bred for war by brutal Iron Horde beastmasters and girded for battle in black steel and smoldering flame, the monstrous Iron Skyreaver suffers only the most fearsome of masters to ride it. Like a blazing comet foretelling doom and fiery destruction, hurtle down from the heavens upon this epic mount to herald your own campaign of conquest!

The Iron Skyreaver is now available for purchase from the in-game Shop! Once purchased, the mount will be available to all present and future characters on a single Battle.net account.

Oh the deliciousness of the incoming whining and moaning

Might be tempted by this. I don't subscribe to the whole "best mounts on the store" thing, because my Sky Golem didn't come from there

I am actually stunned.... this is the first time in a very long time where I am not only stunned but ashamed at Blizzard. I assume the failures of last night made this go live early.... if not..... we literally JUST had a new mount and pet.... this is a new level of bs..... oh well, going to buy it anyway looks too cool to pass up.

Edit before I get called an entitled baby: I am not mad about the mount being on the store, I am mad about the pacing of its release, especially after we just got a Fey Dragon and Dog not too long ago. If this was a mistake and they are sticking with it, that is fine, however though, if this was meant to go live today then they should be ashamed. This is way too quick for this mount and it is only going to fan the fire that is the "SLIPPERY SLOPE!!11!!!1!!!" argument people.

We can only assume that last night messup made it go live earlier than expected. Which kinda makes me happy because I was waiting for this mount, but also sad because of the Iron Horde lore attached to it when the Iron Horde doesn't even appear in game yet.

Yeah, i like the mount, but now? really? what is that 'iron horde' they are talking about? i can't see in game!

Anyway, i will always think that mount themed after strong lore elements such as the iron horde don't belong to the shop, belong to the game. They did the same with the heart of the aspects, that ugly bastard was meant to be some achievement reward from dragon soul, i'm sure of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened last night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Also interested
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkrabs View Post
    We can only assume that last night messup made it go live earlier than expected. Which kinda makes me happy because I was waiting for this mount, but also sad because of the Iron Horde lore attached to it when the Iron Horde doesn't even appear in game yet.
    Yeah, seems pitiful that a mount "bred for war by brutal Iron Horde beastmasters" is flying around when Garrosh hasn't even formed the Iron Horde yet. Hopefully this means we'll see beta soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it didn't had the rockets I would have bought one They look out of place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    If it didn't had the rockets I would have bought one They look out of place.
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I understand the whole ''mechanical'' theme is not only very popular but also ties in with the next expansion, but I just want a proper flying beast to ride on my Hunter. Not a beast with jetpacks glued on to it.

Deleted
    I wonder what the advert would have been for the sparkle poney

but hmm the rockets look a little odd..

Wouldnt mind if they put this mount on IN WOD when we know what the iron horde is

but its cool I guess.. nice preview on what kind of mounts blizzard ( hopefully ) will make in WOD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    I wonder what the advert would have been for the sparkle poney
    Shush!
    Don't mention that thing. You will attract the B R O N I E S.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing animations but the rockets seem unnecessary IMO. The thing has huge wings, it doesn't need rockets to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The mount apparently became available to purchase via the In Game Store on few servers after they had to be restarted due to some issues, leaving time for some people to buy it.

While I'm considering buying the Skyreaver now, I'm probably still going to wait for it to get discounted like this Christmas.
    Only bought the Armoured Bloodwing and Swift Windsteed because of that discount.
    Next Christmas I suppose .

hahaha, just laughing from the offical trailer for it ;3.
    and honestly i'm not fussed about it.. we pay the sub to get acess to the servers and the characters(we don't even own the account/characters) ;P. so yeh im perfectly fine with this and it's a vanity item.

Deleted
    It is a bit of a shame all these nice mount skins are heading towards the ingame store.

I really think they should allow all mounts to be attainable someway ingame, whatever it might be, tiny drop chance, some long quest or achi.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Also interested
    For anyone that didn't know, a bunch of the servers crashed last night and were down for a good amount of time.

What a cheesy, pretentious and over the top gimmicky trailer. Who really think this is cool? 14 year old boys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda miffed thought this was going to be the CE for warlords...

such a shame blizzard has chosen to go this route