Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    I'm one of the people who are most likely not going to spendt bucks on the blizzard store. I wont stand up and shout about it, i just feel i am allready paying enough to blizzard as it is.

However. When it comes to mounts these days blizzard has taken a turn that i simply believe is god awful. All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.

You might not all think that the fey(fairy?)dragon was the coolest looking mount ever, but its a very unique mount no matter how you look at it(personally i find it very cool).

I simply do not agree with this strategy and wanted to be heard.

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?
    How I feel is, there are already a ton of topics about this mount. Why did you make yet another one that offers nothing new or insightful?

Also your whole 'ermahgerd, so much more work goes into the store mounts' argument is an opinion. "Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?" is an opinion. The most annoying thing about forums like this one are people who spout off their opinion as fact.

I could easily fire off 20+ mounts that look better in my opinion than anything in the Blizzard store. Pureblood Firehawk for example, or Invincible. I see those mounts and feel genuine envy (as I lost rolls on both). Elegon's mount. The Challenge mode phoenix. The Celestial Onyx Cloud Serpent (I'd kill for that one). I could go on and on and on.

Just because you think more work went into the mounts in the store does not make it a fact that more work went into the mounts in the store.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    What about the Iron Juggernaut ?
    What about the wolf on garrosh ?
    What about the arena/RBG mounts ?
    Ji-Kun's mount ?

The fey dragon mount doesn't fit in the game, they wont just create an NPC that could loot it just for the sake of it, it could be an achievement reward but they also can't create an achievement that fit the fey dragon just for the sake of it, it doesn't fit with any of MoP's themes, it's place is in the store.

There is plenty of mounts in game, Mists of Pandaria brought a ton of them.
    Exactly. Sadly people tend to block out facts and reason when they want to whine about something. Hence the nonstop crying everytime Blizzard releases something in the store.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-01-17 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just realise that blizzard took way more then they needed the last 10 years to make them ablt to still run wow at the same price. Inlfation? come on dude. They made billions. Everyone knows that if they started upping the subscription fee they would loose a lot of customers. Anyway back on topic please.

No don't dismiss this point because it pokes holes all through your whining. Blizzard has made a lot, but they also have a large development team, and also more than just wow to take care of. WOW has literally funded things like SC2/HoTS/Hearthstone. I am a okay with Blizzard putting mounts on the store....also btw, sky golem has rocket boosters and does the same spin in mid air as the Chimera.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If you want the mount then buy it. If you don't, then don't buy it. It's like an addon item....

I really don't know why we have 3 threads with people complaining about a Blizz store item.
    It's finally offering a mount they'd really, really like to own - rather than Sparkle Pony, the gold dragon, and the new Faerie or whatever mount. They mocked the colorful, sparkly ones, but the scary looking one just sends them into a covetous rage. Finally, something that strikes them as really cool!

Well, that's all I can come up with, anyway. They didn't mind the "pretty" ones, except as something to mock other players for wasting money over.

It's not really to my taste at all, but congrats to anyone who likes it and is willing to shell out for it. Fewer items considered a "joke" in the shop strikes me as better. Something for (closer to) everyone, now!
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

All(and i do really mean all) the new mounts that they have worked that little bit extra on all comes on the store instead of being hard earned in game.
    This is the problem, the only people who give two shits about those mounts are the ones that want it to be some "hard to get" mount that only they and their "Elite group of raiding friends" might ever have. Who gives two shits if no one else ever gets it as long as its hard to get and special and makes those who own it a "Unique and awesome person" amirite?

I don't care if they are on the store, I'd rather seem them their then "Special hard to get mounts." Hell I would rather see every mount in game mailed to people just for logging in or removed entirely before I would locked behind some "epic raid encounter" raiders imo get enough special shit without being rewarded AGAIN. That content is supposed to be the stuff they enjoy, that they play this game for, not the carrot on the stick that is either a chance drop or 100% until the next patch/expansion. Gear and Fun, not "Wooo I got this mount/title/achievement/other trinket that makes me better and different from you." Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I disagree none of the store mounts look that great most of my favorite mounts added in mists come from ingame drops etc.

Why people whine and moan and complain about things like mounts in the cash shop is beyond me. If you don't want to buy one, don't do it. I bought one a while back, but to say that "all" of the best mounts are available solely from the store is just an idiotic statement.
    How about the thundering cloud serpents? Dark phoenix mount? Proto-drakes? There are more but those are the first that come to mind.
    I don't mean to sound crass but I think most of these threads and complaints are from people who can't afford the stuff, and so they rage against the items, whilst their rage is actually directed towards those who can buy said items. Again, if you don't want to buy things from Blizzard's store, then don't. If the store was such a God-awful idea, then why in the world would so many MMOs have cash shops at all?
    Apparently plenty of folks are using the Blizz store - like I said, I have a mount from there, also a battle pet. Why? Because I play the game a lot, that's why - because it is still alive and kicking. Besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with anyone buying mounts from an in-game store anyway; Christ, it's not like a different flying mount makes you OP.

They've had purchasable mounts and companions for a long time now. It's nothing new. All that's changed is it's easier for them to advertise these purchasable mounts to us. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Ji Kun mount was a reskin? (Not actually sure on this one, might share a model with the pandairan phoenixes)
    Heroic Garrosh mount is a reskin?
    Also, where do you get this "I have the right to get this for free" from? Delusional much?
    Ji-Kun Mount is a reskinned Phoenix.
    Heroic Garrosh mount is a reskinned Amber Scorpion (Klaxxi).

And... That's the exact attitude that was implied in the game before 3.3 when they added the first damn Store mount. When you earned things like the Raven Lord or Deathcharger, instead of buying them and suffering cheap, lazy reskins for achievements.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    You don't get it. Soon they will stop making new models for non-store mounts, and extend that business model to other stuff, like making tier sets look like shit, but adding awesome looking 8-piece sets that cost 30€.
    who cares if they stop making new models for in game mounts - the mounts they do make will still get you from point A to B just a quickly as a new modelled mount , the look of a mount have no effect on the game what so ever . And any gear they make to sell in the store will be transmog only--no stats - again who cares what they look like like --( well maybe those hard core RPers may ) the stats on the gear are the only thing that maters

The store mounts are terrible. On release week the cities are overran by them. Who would want to be a part of that?

How do you guys feel? Is it cool that the unique new mounts all come from the shop?
    MoP added ~90 new mounts, and 3-4 were added to the cash shop.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's quite simple. The playable content doesn't attract people any more. People unsub like winter wheats. Blizzard releases mounts in game store to balance the lost.

IMO I always thought this was going to be a store or CE mount. Honestly, there's no difference to me either.

Store mount is a mount you get for paying a few extra bucks to Blizzard.
    CE mount is a mount you get for paying a few extra bucks to Blizzard.

No one is forcing you to buy it. Don't buy it if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    I don't understand this attitude. Not to single you out specifically--your stance almost seems to be a majority--you were simply the most recent post. Everyone already understands the concept of capitalism. Reminding everyone of the purpose of a business/product doesn't instantly justify their actions. I'm not saying these microtransactions are wrong morally, but clearly there's a segment of the playerbase that doesn't like them. These are paying customers that are entitled to their opinions, and their choices in this situation are actually very limited.

As you said, they can quit playing. Cancelling their subscription to vote with their wallet is option one. Nobody is doing this though, because the gameplay is largely unaffected by the store items. I know this is where people jump to their verdict of "non-issue," but I think that's being a little dismissive. I find myself wondering how far Blizzard will push this. You know what else doesn't affect your gameplay and can be sold to make Blizzard money? Transmogrification gear. Titles. Premade characters. Achievements. Launcher ads. Product placement. Even selling high-end gear would actually have no impact on gameplay, so long as they were careful what to sell and when. Maybe someone should feed these ideas to Blizzard, since they don't affect you and by that measure are welcome additions to the game.

Option two is basically this forum post. If you find changes to be disagreeable but too minor to actually unsub, criticism is your only hope to shape change in the future. If you have positive arguments about the Blizzard Store that's fine, but I find it pretty sad that you'd attempt to stifle peoples' feedback when your stance on the issue is indifference.
    You're right, you don't understand. I simply don't care what they sell as long as it doesn't negatively effect me, including the things you listed (yes , even gear.) I'm also not trying to justify their actions in the least bit, simply saying a business will either succeed or fail off of their own ingenuity and greed. And greed, my friend, is extremely difficult to fight with a mess of words. The only real way to fight it, is by making it fail financially. If you stopped paying them, any worthwhile business will try to figure out why, and when they learn it's because people didn't like the micro-transactions, they'll change that. Companies say they care about you and what you have to say, but they really care about your money in their pockets. You may get the occasional small, friendly business, but Blizzard has outgrown that long ago. Simply put, they are to big to care about a few customers like we don't really care about losing a single drop of blood.

TLDR: Until their greed becomes unprofitable, nothing will change their minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of... Holy shit balls, you either buy the mounts in the store or you don't lol. What's with the hundreds of threads and over the top analyzations, just to make sense of a simple matter. So they add a couple of mounts to the store, somewhat unique sure, but the ones in game are just as bad ass if not better.

Sometimes things are simpler than you think. Buy the mounts or don't. The world continues to revolve, the game continues to prosper (or fall depending on your internal doomsday levels), and yeah... Just, quit bitching so much, dang lol.

Money rules, wait awhile when thing change and either it goes on sale, gets cheaper or perhaps goes free in one way or another. Until then SPEND YOUR MONY AND BOW TO BLIZZ.

Has anyone made a count on how many unique models have been added per patch ingame vs in store in the last addon?

If we get as many new unique mounts now as we got in wrath or cata, I dont see a big problem with people bein stu...deciding on their own what to do with their money.

But if thats not the case, I really dont get the "it doesnt affect you, just dont buy it" argument.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Eventually the store will ruin the game and they'll have no one to blame but themselves
    Considering they started selling cosmetic shop items in the beginning of 2010, the store's going to have to hurry up and get terrible if it wants to ruin anything. Been going just fine for 4 years now. Sure is a slow ruination.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My gladiator mounts laugh at the poor choices in the shop!
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Are you somehow forced to buy a mount? No.
    He already indirectly pays the art team to create the mount by paying the subscription fee.
    Pay subscription to keep playing (inb4 "are you forced to play this game?") > x% of subscription fee goes to art team > art team creates mount > blizzard charges him for the mount again.
    So yeah, he essentially is forced to pay for it once, but can't obtain it unless he pays for it again.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!