Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Hell no, this game is so old that the majority of players have levelled up multiple characters.

I've got 7 90's. I'm now interested in seeing what rogues are like at max level. But I cannot stomach going through the grind again.
    but then again... there are thousands of people who just began playing and only have one or none 90s.

I know one person in my facebook group who just began playing wow before christmas, and now hes around level 60 enjoying every bit of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This cheapens the game. Sorry, people can feel the way the want, but choosing a class means nothing anymore. Picking a class means going to the store and buying one.

That mount will probably be that Storm crow mount and some type of iron horde related pet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    This cheapens the game. Sorry, people can feel the way the want, but choosing a class means nothing anymore. Picking a class means going to the store and buying one.
    If you don't use the service, then the change means nothing to you. I for one don't buy anything off the store so I don't care one way or the other about the possibility of buying a level 90 once it's old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    but then again... there are thousands of people who just began playing and only have one or none 90s.

I know one person in my facebook group who just began playing wow before christmas, and now hes around level 60 enjoying every bit of it.
    And then again, this is an optional service. If someone's having fun leveling to 90, then they should obviously level to 90.

Good. Let me buy them if I'm stupid enough to throw my money away instead of wasting time rerolling on another server.

You don't learn anything about your class as you level to begin with so I don't understand where these comments of "baww it'll inundate the game with even more baddies" comes from. 90% of the people who play this game are terrible. This isn't news.

Hopefully the mount will be an iron star mount. That would be pretty awesome to have it turn into a big ball of fire when you get going on it. The paid 90 thing I'm not surprised about. If someone wishes to skip all the rubbish zones with their wallet then go ahead. It's just a testament to how much Blizzard fucked up the leveling zones imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    If you don't use the service, then the change means nothing to you. I for one don't buy anything off the store so I don't care one way or the other about the possibility of buying a level 90 once it's old content.
    This wouldn't be an issue if this was not an MMO game. But WoW is an MMO game where you play with other players. Or at the very least, YOU should be playing with other players. Such actions do in fact affect other players. Consider this, a new player sees the shiny button and skips leveling by rolling a warrior. Here are the results:

- skipped leveling content, one less potential tank during leveling process, LFx for leveling content working sub optimally
    - skipped leveling content, one less potential tank who actually learned how to tank along the way, LFx systems dealing with sub peformance giving blizz even more reason to nerf LFx content to the ground.
    - skipped leveling content, the player literally ignore 90% of the entire game content. A new guy ignoring old content because its old does not make sense because he is new to the game and he didn't even saw it.

If WoW was a single player game then none of those issues would be a problem. But WoW is not a single player game.

While those 2 screenshots aren't much, they really bring back that colorful feel we had in BC, I love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't seem to get overly outraged about buying a 90 directly since you would be able to do it by buying an expansion and transferring the character to your main account. Less bookwork and hassle for everyone this way. If leveling taught people how to play well in random groups that would be one thing but it doesn't. It just doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    This wouldn't be an issue if this was not an MMO game. But WoW is an MMO game where you play with other players. Or at the very least, YOU should be playing with other players. Such actions do in fact affect other players. Consider this, a new player sees the shiny button and skips leveling by rolling a warrior. Here are the results:

- skipped leveling content, one less potential tank during leveling process, LFx for leveling content working sub optimally
    - skipped leveling content, one less potential tank who actually learned how to tank along the way, LFx systems dealing with sub peformance giving blizz even more reason to nerf LFx content to the ground.
    - skipped leveling content, the player literally ignore 90% of the entire game content. A new guy ignoring old content because its old does not make sense because he is new to the game and he didn't even saw it.

If WoW was a single player game then none of those issues would be a problem. But WoW is not a single player game.
    According to twitter Blizzard doesn't get many new players in comparison to returning ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by benjoman View Post
    THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

It will bring more people to play the game, most of my friends who would want to play WoW are turned off by having to catch up in the first place. They are treating WoD as WoW 2.0, and that's completely fine by me!

Buying a 90 doesn't give anyone an advantage over somebody else, everyone will be starting at 90 anyway! It's NOT pay to win!

You've played WoW for years and have had to get your 90s the long way? Who cares! You had the opportunity to play all that time.

Good on Blizzard for making WoW more accessible for the masses.
    They also make your friends player experience much smaller because of it. You are quite literally making them buy a game only so that they will play less than 20% of it total content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    According to twitter Blizzard doesn't get many new players in comparison to returning ones.
    Blizzard lies quite often you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Oh nice it confirmed mount and pet for CE, thats pretty cool too.
    But what are they?

WHHAAAAATTT!!???

Must know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It still doesn't affect me or the group of friends I play with, since none of us buy stuff from the bnet store. We have a raid group, and a pvp group, so I'm fine with it.

They also make your friends player experience much smaller because of it. You are quite literally making them buy a game only so that they will play less than 20% of it total content.
    This is a pretty massive, complete over-exaggeration.
    Leveling 1-90 is not in any way 80%, or even close to a large part of the game's total content.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard lies quite often you know.
    You never met a long term player that is still clueless at doing anything outside of grinding quests and rep?

You know who won't queue tank for leveling LFD? Me, because leveling again for the nth time is not fun for me. So now that I can skip that, does that mean you have one less tank? No. I was never going to do it in the first place.

Honestly now, what truly new virgin player is going to get into a game just to skip parts of it? Is that how you play games? I don't know about you, but when I get into a new game, I try to savor it, and while I can't speak for anyone else... I would like to believe that most truly new players wouldn't boost to 90 as their first experience. But you know what? That possibility shouldn't prevent many of us from skipping it.

As for the mentality that this will drastically reduce player skill at level 100, I just don't see it. Leveling content is too trivial to learn how to play a class in max level content.

This is going to cause queue times on all content under lvl 90 to be increased many times over. The boost is not going to be "optional" for long, if at all.

/shrug. Even if I did decide to level up another character again buying 90's still does not effect me. I don't do dungeons while leveling (zero reason to) and maybe do the occasional BG. Leveling is a pure solo experience ever since Group Quests got deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring on the BETA. I also kinda want the ability to get more than one boost to 90 without having to buy multiple expansions and transfer the character from one account to another.