Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I only need a mage at max level, i will be using that for a new mage!

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    DK gear wasn't good enough to jump in to anything besides leveling. There is literally nothing wrong with that.

There's a week or two until relevant raiding starts and until the arena season opens. If you aren't level 100 and ready to go in that amount of time then you're really not relevant in the games actual forms of competition anyway.

Also if ganking a low level character is considered winning to you then you're truly delusional.
    Did i suggest you could jump into end game content with the gear?

If you are already 90 then sure but having weeks more than me to grind rep/gear is a big advantage don't you think?

Hmm plenty of people seem to enjoy that form of 'winning' and will i abhor such people the point is that they bought the ability to beat anyone who did not buy a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they're not. Don't make things up.
    "Blizzard will be testing allowing you to purchase a character upgrade directly."
    They want to, and they will make it happen if they can.
    Stop blindly dismissing things as lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    DKs start at 55, they have a power advantage over any other class at 0 days played. Fair? No. Problem? No.
    Fresh 90 is today a good start for catching up, no one says anything about buying yourself through endgame content, getting a max level, max geared character. Anyways, everyone gets one boost for free, so it's not about money.
    "Blizzard will be testing allowing you to purchase a character upgrade directly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

*shrug* As usual I will enjoy watching Bashiok tank all the dumbasses on the "NO PAY TO WIN PLS" thread in the blue tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    No. Look at it this way, imagine never playing an MMO, and knowing WoW is the biggest, are looking to get into it. But wait, Wow has, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 expansions. Thats beyond daunting to any new player. The free level 90 is for those that want to start at the new content that they're buying the expansion for and get right into the action.

There will be very few long time players actually paying for a level 90, they know the ropes of the game and for the price, the time it takes to level really won't be that big of a deal.
    What is so daunting? the leveling time now is about 1/5th as long as it was in vanilla.
    If i were to try out a new mmo genre and read about beinga ble to purchase instant max lvl i whould think "lol another casual oriented pay to win game".
    I will be honest, i whould not pick up wow today as a new customer, its the baggage of 9years of playing along with friends that keep me in the game.

But then as some1 be4 me in this thread said.. there are no mmos today that aim towards rpg and long grinds.. i believe that mmo genre isnt diminishing because of its time has passed, i think it is because the mmo games coming out looks more and more like fps games then rpg games..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post

Now they are officially selling lvl 90 characters, even offering you a lvl 90 while the lvl 90 expansion is still out.
    False statement is false...

There is this story about frogs:

If you put a frog in boiling water; it will try to escape asap, immediately even.
    But, if you put a frog in normal temp. water, he will stay there... if you put this now on a fire and the temp. will rise slowly, the frog will not jump out.
    It will stay in that water untill it is boiled to death.

It is quite striking to see the development of player mentality on this subject. I remember a few years back, players where raged at the idea of buying things in a sub based game. A lot had negative feelings about it and as long as it was a pet or mount, no harm done.

Well we came a long since then... now Blizzard is going to test selling 90's. This will mean just skipping all content and starting at current content.
    This would have caused rage a few years back.... but now, players are not all that negative about it.

This is where the frog story comes in. If Blizzard had done this a few years back, it would have caused a huge rage.. bhut they started slow an now they get away with it.

I just find it interesting to see, that's all.

I am all for the free 90 with buying the xpac and would love to see them doing this with every future xpac.
    I have no issues with them selling a 90 in the shop, as it will be our choice to buy or not to buy and someone else buying one, will not have an impact on me.
    hell, maybe I will buy 1 or 2.. depending on the price.
    So I am not against selling this in the shop, but I find the reaction of the player base very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they're not. Don't make things up.
    Haven't you read the post?
    Blizzard will be testing the boost to 90 from the shop soon.
    And they will give the free 90 directly when you pre-purchase the xpac.

So they are doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    False statement is false...
    Step 1. Few moths ago they send up a poll wondering is people would buy lvl 90's
    Step 2. Blue post tells us they are thinking about selling lvl 90's
    Step 3. Front page today Blizzard will be testing allowing you to purchase a character upgrade directly.
    Step 4. Most assuredly will be 'Profit'

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    *shrug* As usual I will enjoy watching Bashiok tank all the dumbasses on the "NO PAY TO WIN PLS" thread in the blue tracker
    Then I'd reccomend you start reading the blue tracker, as you'll notice there aren't a lot of people worried about P2W.
    People are raising legitimate concerns and people like you and bashiok are just dismissing them as idiots's ramblings. Essentially people like bashiok are what's causing people to get concerned in the first place, with his half-assed arguments.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Haven't you read the post?
    Blizzard will be testing the boost to 90 from the shop soon.
    And they will give the free 90 directly when you pre-purchase the xpac.

So they are doing it!

SO they are testing something they ARE GOING TO DO.
    so why test it out if the plan is to make it work anyhow? :P
    wouldn't it just be released when it's done? :P
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Back in TBC times, leveling used to be a journey and an important part of this game, nowadays its just a grind routine.People dont care about whats going on in low-level zones and dungeons and about their lore value, the only things modern WoW players care about are pets,mounts and free epix.
    Disgusting.But its the audience Blizzard wanted to keep, and its the audience that doesnt value the leveling process as much as old WoW players do, hence they dont see the boost to 90 as pay-to-win(which it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Then I'd reccomend you start reading the blue tracker, as you'll notice there aren't a lot of people worried about P2W.
    People are raising legitimate concerns and people like you and bashiok are just dismissing them as idiots's ramblings. Essentially people like bashiok are what's causing people to get concerned in the first place, with his half-assed arguments.
    The main point I'm seeing is either

a) If you give ppl free 90's you're saying all my content up to that point is worthless!" - Yes, yes it is /es. I didn't experience Vanilla at all, that doesn't mean you're experiences in Vanilla are in any way diminished. Likewise, forcing people to level through 1-85 is NOT going to offer the same experience as people who did it as current (Did you stop levelling at 60 to progress through the raids until you'd killed KT before going to Outlands? Thought not.) There is not reason to hold new players behind a wall of levelling. The number of people who play this game for the levelling experience ALONE is probably so small as to be irrelevant.

or

b) If you give ppl new 90's they won't know how to play. Frankly if you think the levelling process teaches you anything more than the basic platforming skills in the WoW engine; you're sadly mistaken. Once you have hit 90 on a toon, you literally gain NOTHING from repeating the levelling process other than whatever PERSONAL enjoyment you get out of the method you use, be it seeing different zones questlines by choosing an alternative levelling route via questing; or deciding to do it BGs all the way. It certainly teaches you nothing about how to play your class properly - who honestly uses more than 2 or 3 abilities until they hit 80? Certainly Arcane Blast sorted me out for mage; my premed>shadowstep and ambush>eviscerate macro was all I needed for rogue, CHARGE>THUNDERCLAP>SHIELD SLAM, GG. Levelling teaches you nothing.

And yeah he seems to be tanking both those retarded viewpoints fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Was being flippant about it lol. Hence the "". I couldn't care less even if they were selling level 100's, since I'll never buy one it doesn't affect me.
    Until they make levelling even worse, because that will encourage people to buy their way past it. After all, why fix levelling at a cost to your company, when you can leave it rubbish and generate extra income?

But that is just Blizzard behaving like a good capitalist company, after all. Which I feel sure people will be jumping into this post to mention.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I hope its cheap too then i will buy about 4 wow boxes and have around 30 lvl 90s and laugh at all the ppl thinking it actually matters what so ever to them if i do.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    And yeah he seems to be tanking both those retarded viewpoints fine
    I'm gonna put on a gas mask, it's getting too toxic for me in here.

Seriously though, the problem with the community is not people who complain about things ingame, but people like you who bash others for showing concern over a product that they have purchased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    Back in TBC times, leveling used to be a journey and an important part of this game, nowadays its just a grind routine.People dont care about whats going on in low-level zones and dungeons and about their lore value, the only things modern WoW players care about are pets,mounts and free epix.
    Disgusting.But its the audience Blizzard wanted to keep, and its the audience that doesnt value the leveling process as much as old WoW players do, hence they dont see the boost to 90 as pay-to-win(which it is).
    Or maybe some of us are just tired of leveling for the hundredth time and would welcome a feature like this.
    And even though the first time I leveled a character in tbc did feel like a journey, it was still a grind routine.

I disagree. Leveling through content was only a journey up to a certain point in Vanilla, because that WAS the content (obviously I am including BGs and Instances), when The Burning Crusade came out with more accessible raiding, it became how fast can I level x class to 70 so I can get attuned for Karazhan and raid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Or maybe some of us are just tired of leveling for the hundredth time and would welcome a feature like this.
    And even though the first time I leveled a character in tbc did feel like a journey, it was still a grind routine.
    I swear I will go nuts if I have to go through Hyjal or that underwater zone that shall not be named -- again.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    I disagree. Leveling through content was only a journey up to a certain point in Vanilla, because that WAS the content (obviously I am including BGs and Instances), when The Burning Crusade came out with more accessible raiding, it became how fast can I level x class to 70 so I can get attuned for Karazhan and raid it.
    For most vanilla players the time up until the blackwing lair patch was the only time where the journey was in leveling. Before the release of Molten Core many hardly scratched the max level dungeons, let alone finished UBRS at the time. Heck I remember running dungeons with level 5X people while myself being 60, because thats the only players that responded and while questing one would hardly finish black rock depths at 54. Slowly people did reach max level though and the focus shifted to endgame. One of the reasons why many asian games habe exponential requirements in the last few levels, to keep you longer in the leveling and exploration phase before you go into scheduled endgame boredom (not that grinding for hours on end is fun... but I get the reason).

That being said, questing is the only time I ever really enjoy the game to its fullest. Its the time where I actually feel my equipment matters, the thing I do matters and I get some cohesive narrative presented for my actions, unlike raiding, which after the first time is just grinding.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-01-17 at 10:35 AM.

Back in TBC times, leveling used to be a journey and an important part of this game, nowadays its just a grind routine.People dont care about whats going on in low-level zones and dungeons and about their lore value,
    I've gone from old world->Outland->Northrend->Cata zones FIVE times. Two of those 5 carried on through the MoP zones(I hate MoP, so I couldn't work up the motivation to level the other 3 85's). A sixth toon I made it to Northrend, then stopped playing him cause I realized soon, I would have to do the MoP zones again. A seventh toon is sitting at lvl 66 in Nagrand(I got bored with him), and my druid is in his 50's. Is Silverpine different now than it was when my monk leveled through it? Is Sholazar Basin different now than when my DK quested through there back during Wrath? Has something changed in Durotar since my troll druid went through there last time?

In other words, I've SEEN the low level zones and their lore at LEAST 5 times now, some of them more than that. I've done both EK and Kalimdor, some toons pre-Cata, some after, so I've not only seen the low level zones, I've seen them in MULTIPLE INCARNATIONS. Even if the lore was super exciting and thrilling(and it's not, most quests and dungeons aren't that scintillating) I really don't need to see them again.

And lol, the audience hasn't "valued the leveling process" since TBC, you know, when everyone's goal was to complete their "journey" to 70 ASAP so they could start doing attunements and shit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That being said, questing is the only time I ever really enjoy the game to its fullest. Its the time where I actually feel my equipment matters, the thing I do matters and I get some cohesive narrative presented for my actions, unlike raiding, which after the first time is just grinding.
    I suppose you don't raid content that challenge you in any aspect then.

High level raiding is always demanding and unforgiving - Making all your "requirements" fulfilled.

Unless you actually refer to something COMPLETELY different and use the wrong words to describe your source of enjoyment.
    Which does happen more so often then not.