Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I run gosac for everything I use destro on...exception being if I'm playing destro on h.thok where I'd use the imp for extra raid (mass) dispels but that is a case of utility > damage. Also since you get to cast less a pet helps. Though most of the time I'm just aff (also w' the imp for dispels). Especially if you have heroic ilvl and/or have a KTT gosac just beats everything else. If you find yourself clipping chaosbolt's dot then adjust your playstyle slightly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    my point still stands tho, on a fight like galakras incinerate will be your biggest source of dmg 90-95% of the time as it should be, if you think about it logically. i am however begining to agree that as destro you pick sacrifice for every fight even galakras.
    My biggest source of damage on galakras ALWAYS is shadowburn. latest kill: shadowburn 28,8%, chaosbolt 16,7%, FnB incinerate: 11,8%
    sorry but just take a look at WoL and you´ll see that all ranked players on galakras are using GoSac.
    I think you are forgetting that the mobs are having different HPs. That means some are dieing earlier then others. That way you can already shadowburn a few seconds after they spawned.

Deleted
    i am aware that ppl use sacrifice and as i wrote in that post you quoted i agree that you should, however if you look at the top 10 destro parses you'll see that only twice(cant read german and rusian, so i cant tell about those) is shadowburn top source of dmg, and the rest of the time FnB incinerate is higher 30% vs 20% of shadowburn.

Deleted
    i am aware that ppl use sacrifice and as i wrote in that post you quoted i agree that you should, however if you look at the top 10 destro parses you'll see that only twice(cant read german and rusian, so i cant tell about those) is shadowburn top source of dmg, and the rest of the time FnB incinerate is higher 30% vs 20% of shadowburn.
    you maybe also recognise that those logs got "underperforming other dds" and a warlock having a 95-99% uptime. For exmaple, on our latest galakras kill, every DD was around 80-87% uptime just because of the fact that the mobs are dieing way to fast when everybody is dpsing on their max output. You can be sure that most of those logs have been "rank hunts" with pushing this one player to go for a rank. If some other players are holding back their dps, the warlock has much more uptime on the mobs and needs to do more AoE until those mobs are in shadowburn range which pushes shadowburn closer to FnB incinerate.

But anyway, we´re a bit offtopic by now.

Deleted
    Deppends really on your gear and the fight you are heading towards. I would personally say that you should use SAC on most of the fights in SoO. Since multi targeting is really nice and you get more DMG from your shadowburns. Which is nice if you whoring the dmg on Nazgrim for example.
    Pets.. Pets are not that good as SAC is for multi targeting fights, there for there is not a very good idea to use something else then SAC.
    If you're doing Thok then you may think, (deppending on guild/normal/hc/and you) Which would be better? The pet can attack at all times, it does not get silenced if you're using the pet. (Imp is better on Thok.)

Pet's are not as good as they where before and they are not needed to play Destro good. SAC the pet if you want to or not. Deppening if you need CDs/Interrupts/typhoon. the pet can do some DMG, sure. But the multi targeting fights, using a pet would be losing DPS.

Deleted
    my point still stands tho, on a fight like galakras incinerate will be your biggest source of dmg 90-95% of the time as it should be, if you think about it logically. i am however begining to agree that as destro you pick sacrifice for every fight even galakras.
    I'm not sure I've had any fight in SoO where incinerate is higher than chaos bolt other than immerseus. And our shadowpriest rapes the adds so quickly that even then it's damage is fairly low.

if you got BBoY for some reason they seem to be doing fairly equal, if you get KTT grim of sacrifice is pretty much better on every fight, you lose some single target damage during AoE, but that's it, and the shadow bulwark is always useful if you dont need something else. Before you get KTT its better to run with pet on fights with low amounts of target swapping as even if it sims the same, your pet does optimal damage even if you don't so getting extra damage from pet, should be better than extra damage from spells, favouring pet the less skilled you are.