Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It only seems bad for people like me. Because we had to level the hard way. And now new players can buy their way to the level cap and not experience things.

Now imagine all of the people right now.

You see how bad they play, how lazy they are.

Now let them buy their experience without breaking any rules in the ToS.

Maybe make them level 2-3 to level cap before they can by this junk.

Also, the people who already have everything at or close to level cap.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, i would like this. But i don't think a new account should be able to buy them until they unlock it with a certain number of level capped characters.
    Last edited by Mancowski; 2014-01-17 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Very simple.

Because not everyone plays WoW for the endgame. In fact I'd argue that the majority of the playerbase is so casual that they consider leveling to be the most fundamental and central part of the game.

To them a free L90 comes across as buying a Super Mario Bros game with the game starting and ending right at Bowser getting wrecked and the princess being saved already.
    Very simple.

People play WoW in many different ways and for many different reasons.

Giving people choice (we do understand that buying a L90 is a choice right?) is a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    It only seems bad for people like me. Because we had to level the hard way. And now new players can buy their way to the level cap and not experience things.

Now imagine all of the people right now.

You see how bad they play, how lazy they are.

Now let them buy their experience without breaking any rules in the ToS.

Maybe make them level 2-3 to level cap before they can by this junk.

Also, the people who already have everything at or close to level cap.
    The problem is that there's nothing to experience during the leveling phase, you're just chaining quests like an automaton.
    Everything you've done under max lvl is totally irrelevant and doesn't help you on playing in any way. The fastest way to learn is to play on max level.

Honestly Flex pugs and LFR is already filled with complete morons, I cant see how it can get any worse. I do my best to avoid any type of pug or LFR, and will continue to do that going forward. I really hope they stop making LFR mandatory for alt gearing/legendary quest.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    well i'd would be extremely annoying to play with group of 4 new to WoW 90 lvl on random bg or dungeon.

it should be 80 or 85 to let them learn their class before they will start to play with others :S. I don't want to play with healer who doesn't heal or tank who doesn't know whats going on.

Deleted
    There's the whole issue with people not really learning how to play their class as well, as they would have if they had leveled the whole way. Which will result in more issues when playing with them at max lvl.

On top of that, what I almost find worst is how we already pay our monthly sub, and on top of that are forced to acquire instant-lvl-90 through outside means. Everytime you have to "exit" the game in order to get ingame items, it removes immersion from the game. It might not seem like much, but all the mounts, pets and perhaps now instant-lvl-90 adds up. Many small brooks make a strong river.

Putting something like that in the store is really a lost opportunity to add value to the game. Acquiring instant-lvl-90 through some relatively hard in-game challenge, perhaps somewhat related to meta quest achievements (Blizzard could probably come up with a better way of gaining them, if they wanted to though), would really make for an memorable experience.

... Meh, just realized the thread is about the free lvl 90 when buying the expansion. However I'd still argue that my point stands, as it would still be an better experience to earn the free 90 through in-game means, rather from just buying the expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextana View Post
    on top of that are forced to acquire instant-lvl-90 through outside means
    Are blizzard standing next to you with a gun at your head?

Just stop with the forced bullshit.

Your are not FORCED to do anything in a video game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I don't want to play with healer who doesn't heal or tank who doesn't know whats going on.
    Yer, thank god we live in a world where this doesn't happen because of levelling...

I hate the idea of paying for anything in this game, even the dumb cosmetics piss me off. Why do you ask? Because the time they spent on making some new cash shop mount or some transmog helm could have been put to making a better looking tier set or unique sets of gear for LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic so we don't all look exactly the same. Or add a random drop mount to SoO that is unique? There are tons of things they could have spent that time on rather than making xxxxxxxx thing for the cash shop.

The concept is different with 90s of course, but I fear, like many do, that it is a first step at P2W. Sure, it saves time, but that is the huge limiting factor in WoW, time. The world best guilds are there cause they raid 50+ hours a week on heroics. Realm first guilds, normally, raid more than guilds under them etc etc. Time is all that matters in WoW.

I'll take this a little further, what if they allowed something that made it so you got 100%+ JP/HP, or increased your VP/CP cap for a week or two? While it's not giving away gear so much since you have to do something for it, it is still saving time again.

Anything that saves time is P2W in MMORPGs.

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that the boosted 90 characters won't have access to talents,spells or even Draenor until they complete a 2hour long DK-like questline that includes the proving grounds, saying that people won't know what they're doing is just pure ignorance, it will be no different than it already is. Besides, the majority of players who use this feature will be the existing players or returning players. I somehow doubt that new players will beat the 7.7 million players that are left and actually cause any damage, if you wanna call it that, to your precious amazing groups.

CONS
    It encourages fotm rerolling.

It further enhances the anonymity of players, making the only tool blizzard has to deter hackers and scum of the earth just a 40buck fine.

Getting banned no longer means anything.

It cheapens the effort people with several 90's has put in over the years.

Pros:
    New players can play with their friends quicker and more easily.

bored players may have some fun trying other classes without having to spend days grinding for their key abilities.

Rerolling is easier than ever.

Blizzard makes moar moneyz to continue development.

Rp'ers may finally reach level 90 through rp. (lol :P)

Deleted
    I don't understand the hate. Leveling to 90 basically offers nothing in the way of increasing a player's skill and, these days, barely takes any time at all to do. Some people are just irritatingly over-sensitive when it comes to the whole "pay to win" thing. That said, I'd prefer the game only allow you to boost one character to 90 rather than allow you to boost several if you've the money for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Are blizzard standing next to you with a gun at your head?

Just stop with the forced bullshit.

Your are not FORCED to do anything in a video game.
    If I want the mount, can I find it somewhere in the game? No. Can I buy it from another player in the AH (which would indeed be another issue)? No. I am indeed forced to use outside means if I want to acquire the mount, something that really removes from the game experience. I'm very much against that, due to how we're already paying a sub fee to keep the game running.

I'm fine with item shops, and even bonus xp and etc. in games that otherwise are F2P. I completly understand that. They gotta get money somehow to keep the game running. However, we already pay a sub fee to Blizzard in order to keep WoW running, and them adding a store with stuff that truth be told should be acquireable through in-game means, is just a real damn disgrace.

Deleted
    I already have all classes on 90, a few multiple (different realms ya' know) so for me this does nothing. For old Veterans who are returning to the game since i dunno... BC? (know a few) this might be cool, but then again.. Blizzard are killing there game so why should they. The thing that I fear for like many others is how grouping is going to be like, heroic dungeons, LFR, Flex, Normal runs etc. Its already bad as it is now, Lets talk about how we can solve this. **Vote Kick Them ALL** Or be gentleman's and give them tips and links to class guides and tell them politely to look it up. Lets make our community stronger and not weaker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    Guys lets be honest here. With the release of WoD the maximum level is going to reach the number 100. Starting from level 1 to reach that roof is a bit overwhelming and discouraging for most and especially for the newcomers. This was bound to happen sooner or later.
    How is that discouraging for newcomers? Going into a complete new world and starting to learn the game form the level they should (1). Did you not have the greatest feeling when you first started to play the game for the 1st time? ...

Peepz be complaining just to complain.

Don't like it, don't avail of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    I don't understand the hate. Leveling to 90 basically offers nothing in the way of increasing a player's skill and, these days, barely takes any time at all to do. Some people are just irritatingly over-sensitive when it comes to the whole "pay to win" thing. That said, I'd prefer the game only allow you to boost one character to 90 rather than allow you to boost several if you've the money for it.
    I personally have nothing against blizzard giving out max lvl or whatever lvl characters they want.
    But it really annoys me how much attention this is getting, its like a super new cool awesome feature in the game.
    Most people just buy a bot and get to lvl 90 in 2 weeks while afk, theres also RAF, heirlooms, rested bonus, bg xp bonus, LFD bonus, quest bonus, hell there was a freaking free lvl 85 like 2 months ago.
    Can we focus in the important part? New BGs? New raids? New spells? Fixing PvP

Deleted
    Because if someone comes along and gets instant level 90, that means they only get 10 levels to know how to play their class = they're not going to be that good, which means you wind up in dungeons, hcs and raids with loads of people dragging you down, I think the solution would be that they go to a 'new recruit camp' where they get to learn their class and role in 10 levels building up to 90 in a similar fashion to dks

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correct - it requires SOME knowledge of the class. It requires the person play it for a few days (or weeks or what ever).
    That's a fallacy.. My post from other thread about how I (and most people I know) got to max level on most of their chars:

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    In Wrath, I dinged my first lock as affliction, spammin drain life (that used to give you nightfall procs) + incinerate (when affli still had it). I rarely ever refreshed dots "because it does shit dmg anyway" and it's better to spam more cast-bar spells. I ran with imp (when you should have felhunter) and thought I know how to play.. That was after about 3 months of leveling to max level. I've never done an instance before max level, never really done much with others, maybe few group quests if there was anyone. I wasn't in a guild till max, I almost didn't use AH etc..
    A week or 2 later I respecced destruction, spec I never played and had to learn it to go to my first raid.
    Then I changed to demonology, another spec I never played and stayed like that for 1.5 expansion.. So ye - leveling process hardly taught me how to warlock...

Later, in Cataclysm I leveled a DK. Leveled as blood. When I hit lv 85 I respecced frost and learned how to play it. Again - leveling process did nothing to teach me how to play the spec I later played a lot.

Since then every class I level is just by grinding instances (Except levels +-50-58, bit of Northrend, bit of Cata). That's how I leveled my monk, 1-90 as Brewmaster spamming keg smash + breath of fire.. Sometimes a bit of Spinning Crane Kick.. Didn't care about selfbuffs I should keep etc.
    At max level - again I had to go Windwalker, spec I never tried before, and again - I had to learn it from scratch at max level.. Later the same with Mistweaver..

In the end - my lock got everything up to and including Lich King during Wrath, my paladin healed up to and including Lich King. Then all the 4.0 instances, my DK everything up to and including Madness in Cata as main tank, now I'm main tanking on my monk and got Garrosh on farm..

So to sum up - the whole leveling process taught me only a little how the game works, though most of it I learned at max level. Same with specs and roles - I learned it all just doing those at max level.
    Tanking my way up was a little help, and showed me basics, but then I hit my first HC dungeon and had to relearn everything, because It suddenly required some CD usage, watching up who's got aggro etc..
    I learned healing at max level only..
    So I really, really doubt that leveling process is that much needed to learn your class :? For me, at least, it taught me nothing valuable, just ate a big chunk of time.. And I really doubt that instant lv 90 will have any major impact on the quality of players you meet in LFD/LFR.. And guild Flex/normal etc are an environment when players learn/teach anyway..
    Leveling doesn't teach you how to play your class. Maybe 1 spec in most occasions, but even then - you'll most likely play it wrong.
    For half of your leveling procs you don't even have correct abilities, sometimes you use wrong ones, some come at lv 85-87 etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Because people are affraid that this is only the start.
    Level 90's don't matter that much to me, it's a smart move to attract old players because it gives an easy jump-in tho.

Ill just boost 1 of my 85's personally