Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    dont forget the nightmares when you play with those pay to win buddies in a fresh 90-100 dungeon..

Paying to have a character leveled for you, on top of a monthly sub, is garbage. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonkaine View Post
    Blizzard... I've always supported everything you have done, but being able to purchase level 90 boosts makes me very angry.

If you look at my account I am about to have 16 level 90 characters... working towards having 22 characters.. 11 from each faction, covering one of each race. This is my goal before WoD. I've been working on leveling all these toons since Vanilla WoW. I've spend hundred and hundreds of dollars with race and faction changes to get my toons on the sames servers and factions. When I get all 11 classes on both Horde and Alliance this will be a great accomplishment that people may find rather impressive for the amount of time that was involved.

However, come the near future as you say... someone with a big pocket book can purchase and achieve what has take me YEARS to accomplish. This to me is a huge sell out, and just another way for the company to make a quick buck. Not to mention a HUGE kick in my private parts. Even if they were $100+ per level 90 character I am still against this feature being added.

Please do not ruin this game.
    This sounds more like a "dont ruin me being a special snowflake" QQ....

Deleted
    I like the idea of getting a free boost to level 90. It will welcome new players to the game which we need atm.

I'm looking forward to this expansion. Outland is one hell of a place!

At BlizzCon, we laid out our plans to send you into battle against some of the biggest and baddest enemies in Warcraft history.
    What is this post from? BlizzCon 2006? The Burning Crusade was actually the expansion that pitted players against the biggest and baddest enemies in Warcraft history:

Kil'jaeden
    Archimonde
    Magtheradon
    Illidan
    Kael'thas
    Lady Vashj

And if that wasn't enough, Wrath of the Lich King pretty much cleaned up any remaining "big bads" in WoW history: Arthas, Anub'arak, Kel'thuzad

Concerning "buying levels", a big 'who cares' to that. I have no problem with someone wanting to skip content that they've already done (probably numerous times). Anyone saying it's buying power doesn't know what buying power actually is. Having a level 90 is NOT power.
    Last edited by Gangplank; 2014-01-17 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    It's always funny how people hate on ideas like this by saying it doesn't give people time to learn their class. This is World of Warcraft, it is nowhere near being a hard game to learn. If you can't learn a class in an hour, something is wrong.
    Also remember that buying an insta-90 will put you through a tutorial phased zone storyline where you'll gain access to abilities and learn what they do similar to the Death Knight starting experience.

It won't be buy a 90, login, you're in Stormwind with all abilities, good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    What is this post from? BlizzCon 2006? The Burning Crusade was actually the expansion that pitted players against the biggest and baddest enemies in Warcraft history:

Kil'jaeden
    Archimonde
    Magtheradon
    Illidan
    Kael'thas
    Lady Vashj

And if that wasn't enough, Wrath of the Lich King pretty much cleaned up any remaining "big bads" in WoW history: Arthas, Anub'arak, Kel'thuzad
    They're referring to Warcraft 1-2 "big bads" while as so far we've cleaned up Warcraft 3 "big bads."

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    SNIP....

They're referring to Warcraft 1-2 "big bads" while as so far we've cleaned up Warcraft 3 "big bads."
    They are and I already killed them too.

-------------------------------------------------

Why buy power leveling from a 3rd party group?

There is no reason - Just buy it from blizzard.

I wonder just how big the cash shop will be this expansion along with having to pay a sub?
    Last edited by quras; 2014-01-17 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I get that. But those "big bads" weren't galactic threats like the WC3 ones. From a lore perspective, they pale in comparison. That's what I'm disappointed with. It's almost like we're going backwards in the context of lore difficulty. Each expansion introduces new villains that aren't quite as powerful (in lore) as the previous expansion.

Kil'Jaeden > Arthas > Deathwing > Garrosh > younger Garrosh?

And the presents for 10/20 years old will be drum roll....a tabard that increases rep and xp by 1%

WoD release date is June 24th dont worry guise

15+ Year Old Account
    Jeez, at this point, I'm thrilled just to have news, forget what it actually says.

- - - Updated - - -

I really dislike the buying 90s thing. Not enough to cry over it necessarily, but I still dislike it. The one free one for everybody was fine, but I'd no longer be impressed (for lack of a better word) with people that have a full account or one of each class, since I won't know whether they worked their ass off for it or just dropped a couple hundred bucks. I know you'd still be able to do it anyway by purchasing multiple licenses and paying for multiple character transfers, but ... meh. I just don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    They are and I already killed them too.

-------------------------------------------------

Why buy power leveling from a 3rd party group?

There is no reason - Just buy it from blizzard.

I wonder just how big the cash shop will be this expansion along with having to pay a sub?
    So then let them sell "Gold" also?
    ---
    And I hope I get the damn Beta key this time,im sick of watching worthless youtubers posting crap none stop and destroying the game for people that want to try out for them selves,I will not buy the damn game this time if I dont get the Beta key I've left the game 7 months ago and willing too come back..

I feel excited about this. already have my new horde dk on a horde favored pve realm @85, gonna auto lvl a pally, and i'll buy a 90 mage. This auto lvl stuff has me excited. no more pre WOD leveling is awesome. oh yeah the expansion doesn't sound bad either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    Having a level 90 is NOT power.
    I don't know that this is true. Resources are power. A level 90 is, if nothing else, a resource. They're able to make the most of amount of money running around in the world, whether you're raiding (with more 90s you have more lockouts to burn), farming, running dailies or whatever. There could also be a hit to the economy. You going to keep buying gems or shoulder or gear enchants? Or are you going to drop a few dollars and spend a few minutes to get yourself a level 90 jewelcrafter, scribe and enchanter? (And yes, I know you have to spend time and money leveling the professions too, but if your character is at level 90 then leveling the professions to max is nothing but a speed bump.)

Deleted
    Buy a lvl 90? HELL NO!

Deleted
    Sigh.

You know your game sucks when people want to spend money to skip entire parts of it.

Seriously, what incentive do they have to make levelling enjoyable if people will just pay to skip it...?

In a string of bad decisions, this has got to be the worst decision made by Blizzard yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    This sounds more like a "dont ruin me being a special snowflake" QQ....
    Sorry, I think @Talonkaine has a point. I have 15 90s myself. Do I think I'm a special snowflake? No. Do I care whether or not you (or anyone else) is impressed with my feat? No. But like Talonkaine I've worked my ass off to get those characters to 90 and level their professions (and work their freaking farms every day LOL) and it belittles the personal sense of accomplishment when you suddenly change course and let people drop a few dollars to get the same level.

To throw in some George Costanza ... "it's not you it's me". I don't give a fig if you have 15 90s too. It doesn't hurt my feelings or make me a lesser player. It's just nice to know that if you DO you probably worked for it just as hard as I did.

Deleted
    Ye its a good thing. Imagine inviting your friend to this old game.. hey just level 90 levels before you can join me. I hope 90-100 doesnt take ages aswell. WoW have a new direction and new type of players now.

I stopped playing in Cata, didn't buy Mop. If I get WOD for a free boost for my 85 to 90, do I need to purchase Mop?