Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Nice dodge there in the second answer.
    Not dodgeing at all --you wouldn't like it if I said what I think of people who put cool and looks above functionality

I'm coming from more of a moral stand point. Just because they put in the T&C that they have the ability to be a money hungry company that no longer provides content outside of a cash shop doesn't mean they should

My mount collection is very personal to me. I'm working at getting to the 200 mount achievement. Why should i have to spend money to get there? Why can't my 15 dollars a month be used to creatively add cool mounts into the game i'm paying for instead of all my money going to a mount that i have to pay more money for?
    Yes, the game we are all playing is indeed mount collector 2k, it's not a MMO at all, it's all been a big ruse, once you get ALL the mounts in the game, you see the credits... Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    That's why I said in hindsight. As in if they knew what would happen in Cata and MoP back then, they would have shut it down.
    So what you're saying is that if they knew that the game would still be highly profitable 4 years later they would have shut it down? That's good business right there!

I'm coming from more of a moral stand point. Just because they put in the T&C that they have the ability to be a money hungry company that no longer provides content outside of a cash shop doesn't mean they should

My mount collection is very personal to me. I'm working at getting to the 200 mount achievement. Why should i have to spend money to get there? Why can't my 15 dollars a month be used to creatively add cool mounts into the game i'm paying for instead of all my money going to a mount that i have to pay more money for?
    I like the part where you pretended that they don't also add mounts in game all the time, and instead focused on the six mounts out of several hundred that are cash shop.

You pay to access current content. Not for current content and to assure unlimited extra content at no additional cost.

You buying a game, and paying a subscription fee, while blizzard sits back and makes content and features exclusive to a cash shop = you getting swindled.

Content should all be in game only. That's why we pay money monthly.
    To bad this isn't content and is a service. That renders this particular point moot.

You buying a game, and paying a subscription fee, while blizzard sits back and makes content and features exclusive to a cash shop = you getting swindled.

Content should all be in game only. That's why we pay money monthly.
    I agree with you that there should be an in-game method of obtaining stuff on the Blizzard store but since none of it is required in any way nor provides an inherent advantage over those who don't have the Blizzard store stuff I can't agree with you describing it as being swindled.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Why don't they just put it down already, game is old and they are getting really desperate for money and it is making the game and the developers look bad.

In hindsight, WoW should have ended in wrath, when the game was the most hyped and played and we had all the celebrity advertisements and killed the biggest lore bad guy in all of warcraft.
    We killed Sargeras in WotLK? Somehow I missed that.

Have you looked at guides similar to the one posted on WoWhead back in 5.3? They're pretty helpful in finding out about mounts you may not know exist; just keep in mind that it's a little dated.

Didn't get past the first two pages of this ridiculous and pointless thread, but GODDAMN are people ignorant.

If you:

-Believe leveling is something that needs to be done, you are wrong.
    -Believe that actually leveling teaches people how to play, you are wrong.
    -Believe that more max level characters somehow negatively affects you, you are wrong.
    -Believe that you are a special snowflake, and you had to walk uphill both ways to Molten Core and so should everyone else, you are wrong.
    -Believe that buying a near max (or max during MoP, if it launches) is pretty much Pay-to-Win, you are wrong. (Since when is the goal of WoW to "win" by reaching max level that that's it?)
    -Believe that Blizzard should be vilified for making money as a business, through features many players/customers have asked for, you are wrong. And also naive.

Activision should sell the new character models for $20 each.

It's only cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

It's only cosmetic.
    Ho there friend, you're in the wrong forum, Blizzard is the developer of World of Warcraft, not Activision

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

It's only cosmetic.
    How about blizzard stops making new gear and they just reuse old gear. Then they can make new gear and sell it for 20$.

It's only cosmetic.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Didn't get past the first two pages of this ridiculous and pointless thread, but GODDAMN are people ignorant.

If you:

-Believe leveling is something that needs to be done, you are wrong.
    -Believe that actually leveling teaches people how to play, you are wrong.
    -Believe that more max level characters somehow negatively affects you, you are wrong.
    -Believe that you are a special snowflake, and you had to walk uphill both ways to Molten Core and so should everyone else, you are wrong.
    -Believe that buying a near max (or max during MoP, if it launches) is pretty much Pay-to-Win, you are wrong. (Since when is the goal of WoW to "win" by reaching max level that that's it?)
    -Believe that Blizzard should be vilified for making money as a business, through features many players/customers have asked for, you are wrong. And also naive.
    A bunch of these are false. Not going to even pick it apart since you seem naive yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    A bunch of these are false. Not going to even pick it apart since you seem naive yourself.
    Quick question, why did you post this? Also here is an (apparently) acceptable rebuttal: "no."

Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    Quick question, why did you post this? Also here is an (apparently) acceptable rebuttal: "no."
    I think different from you, how dare I right? I can see how this will change the game, how dare I right? I better keep my mouth shut right? Don't want the MMO-C mafia after me!

The people saying it doesn't affect others are beings naive and not giving this any thought at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    The people saying it doesn't affect others are beings naive and not giving this any thought at all.
    Remember we are living in the "It's only about me generation!" They won't see other wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I think different from you, how dare I right? I can see how this will change the game, how dare I right? I better keep my mouth shut right? Don't want the MMO-C mafia after me!
    It's more the fact that you say: "You are wrong, but I cba telling you why, just go with it." that irks me, you said you could pick apart, then do it for gods sake! Prove your point, and if you say: "Well I got nothing to prove" then why are you even here? To prove you have nothing to prove?

Lots of good posts here. Whereas the official WoW forum is filled with fanboys/trolls when you try to explain why this is such a horrible idea. This is a paid game advantage.. simple as that. Something blizz swore would never happen. Leveling is a HUGE part of a MMO game and players (especially new) need to experience it. This is pathetic. I didn't realize just how money grubbing Blizz has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I and others have thought about it and we don't really see why the things you and others have mentioned are in any real way a problem. The only advantages to a boosted 90 are the time saved from having to level 1-90 and being able to access the highest skill in a profession. The gear you start with will get replaced with Timeless Isle stuff (if released during MoP) which may not even be itemized will due to the randomness of those pieces. Then you have to gear up via LFR (and eventually Flex SoO) or running the old nerfed content while still catching up on the Legendary quest chain like any other 90.

As for the professions no one really cares about the crafted 553 stuff at this point into the patch life; stuff on my server is generally selling at or less than the cost of the mats (excluding the haunting spirits for quicker crafting mats). The same deal will happen with the crafted gear in WoD, especially if Blizzard continues the trend of requiring something like Spirit of Harmony to craft the higher end gear.

Edit: You'll still most likely have to level whatever primary profession you want from scratch so that's already another 5k-20k gold sink depending on profession.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-01-18 at 06:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaxpress1 View Post
    Lots of good posts here. Whereas the official WoW forum is filled with fanboys/trolls when you try to explain why this is such a horrible idea. This is a paid game advantage.. simple as that. Something blizz swore would never happen. Leveling is a HUGE part of a MMO game and players (especially new) need to experience it. This is pathetic. I didn't realize just how money grubbing Blizz has become.
    Are you serious?

In 2014, leveling has any significance other than "for fun" in WoW?

I personally enjoy doing all sorts of different things in game, and I understand how some people enjoy competing at many different things, but no one competes in leveling 1-(less than max level). Some people do it as fast as they can, some people do it ironman, some people do it in white gear, some people do it in BGs, some people do it in 5-mans, some people do it with +300% potions, some people do it with RaF, some people do nothing but quest, some people herb their way to 90.

In general, the people who get to 90 by a shortcut will have lost out on, let's say, 5-20k gold, depending what they do and whether they don't vendor the nice transmog gear they run into. They will have lost out on 2-3 exalted city reputations too.

I don't see the gameplay advantage of going instantly to 90.

I see it as a convenience, but if you can't stand to see the game become more convenient for other people, then the problem is with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Are you serious?

In 2014, leveling has any significance other than "for fun" in WoW?

I personally enjoy doing all sorts of different things in game, and I understand how some people enjoy competing at many different things, but no one competes in leveling 1-(less than max level). Some people do it as fast as they can, some people do it ironman, some people do it in white gear, some people do it in BGs, some people do it in 5-mans, some people do it with +300% potions, some people do it with RaF, some people do nothing but quest, some people herb their way to 90.

In general, the people who get to 90 by a shortcut will have lost out on, let's say, 5-20k gold, depending what they do and whether they don't vendor the nice transmog gear they run into. They will have lost out on 2-3 exalted city reputations too.

I don't see the gameplay advantage of going instantly to 90.

I see it as a convenience, but if you can't stand to see the game become more convenient for other people, then the problem is with you.
    Leveling isn't "fun", but a lot of things in MMOs are not objectively considered "fun", but the reward is just that, a reward. And MMOs are in essence very much revolving around rewards, which seems like a weird thing for an entertainment platform.
    As long as the MMO idea is time = reward anything that can be considered a "convenience" implies time saved, which means you are rewarded, because it would have cost you time. This could be having an undermining effect on the game.
    Do I think it's a bad thing? NO, this will hopefully attract new players, as the idea of playing through XX hours of content before getting to the "real" thing, being the endgame, is very intimidating to a new player, and also a deterrent. Hopefully this implementation will attract more players, and hopefully it won't have the bad effect that some people suspect it will. Personally I think it won't have a major impact (if any) on how the game is played in general.

I unsubbed a few months ago with intentions of waiting for Warlords to drop but I'm done now. Fuck Blizzard and their pandering to the wrong audiences. Blizzard fanboys are the fucking WORST.