Thread: SV Mastery.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I've learned to ignore draco, but he gets so cute when he is angry and jealous Anyway, my point was that I think mastery gets better then crit after a certain ilvl and with 4 set, I'd like to hear (read?) if someone has tested it with proper gear, like 578+, and can disavalue my claim, we're talking about surv here obviously.
    The correct stance to take in your situation is to apologize and say you were wrong. Not play it off cool after someone proved you 100% wrong, and explained in painful detail why.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    ^^^^^

No matter which stat order hunters choose, the difference is less than 4%.

4% is well within the bounds of RNG, so someone saying that they tested something once, twice, or even a handful of times does not make it correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    ^^^^^

No matter which stat order hunters choose, the difference is less than 4%.

4% is well within the bounds of RNG, so someone saying that they tested something once, twice, or even a handful of times does not make it correct.
    4% being within the bounds of RNG means nothing about maximizing your character. Being within 4% of 370k means 369.6-374.4k whereas being within 4% of 358k means 350.8-365.1k. That is why 50,000 iteration sims exist to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    4% being within the bounds of RNG means nothing about maximizing your character. Being within 4% of 370k means 369.6-374.4k whereas being within 4% of 358k means 350.8-365.1k. That is why 50,000 iteration sims exist to begin with.
    I think what Rackfu was saying is that because changing stat priorities results in a change with in the bounds of RNG you can't just test a new stat priority a few times in game and know from that what is better, therefore the guy claiming mastery>crit is more wrong than he has already been proven to be. He wasn't trying to say that because changing stat priories is with in the bounds of RNG that you shouldn't do it in order to optimize your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    I think what Rackfu was saying is that because changing stat priorities results in a change with in the bounds of RNG you can't just test a new stat priority a few times in game and know from that what is better, therefore the guy claiming mastery>crit is more wrong than he has already been proven to be. He wasn't trying to say that because changing stat priories is with in the bounds of RNG that you shouldn't do it in order to optimize your character.
    No he said that stat priorities don't matter because the difference is within the bounds of RNG.
    No matter which stat order hunters choose, the difference is less than 4%. 4% is well within the bounds of RNG
    Possibly he meant something else because he sort of changed topic mid sentence by mentioning stat priorities being within 4% of each other and then mentioning something completely different.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-01-18 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    No he said that stat priorities don't matter because the difference is within the bounds of RNG.

Possibly he meant something else because he sort of changed topic mid sentence by mentioning stat priorities being within 4% of each other and then mentioning something completely different.
    I mean that you cannot just trust a couple of boss encounters or 10 minutes on a dummy and say that one is better.

The stats are so close, that the results of only a couple of attempts could easily fall within RNG and make someone believe that the wrong way is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    ^ This is exactly what I meant.

Yes, you should reforge/gem the most optimal way.
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2014-01-18 at 08:25 PM.