10+ Year Old Account

More reliable hunter solo belts on Blackfuse.

As we all know as a hunter you can run up on the edge of the pipe disengage and end up on the belt. Well I was messing around and there is another way to get on the belt that is more reliable and less risky. What you do is jump in as you normally do kill whatever you kill. Once you are back on the main platform go back to the tube and jump in now is where things get interesting when it goes to throw you back make sure you have your camera and character facing forward I just hold my 2 mouse buttons down to make double sure and you disengage and you will end up back on the belt and you reduce the risk of flubbing and falling off the tube.
    Note: I have to test if electromagnet forward pull affects you and I also have to test the right time. Ill report back at some point tonight. I know this isnt ground breaking new or anything like that but why not make things more efficient for us?

Happy hunting fellow hunter bros and broettes.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-01-17 at 11:01 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    It is viable and quite easy aswell. I use it for one specific assembly line on our kills due to the magnetic thing activating as soon as this assembly line opens causing my usual tube jump to be complicated by the magnet pushing me.

The jump as you describe is not affected by abilities on the main platform such as magnet.

Deleted
    Didn't wanna create a new topic so i'll just ask here...

A hunter friend of mine and I are having an argument about blackfuse heroic belts.
    I've heard from a few places that hunters can solo all weapons in current gear (575+ ilvl)

Our last hunter could solo them at 564 ilvl, but not all of them, so i feel confident a skilled hunter can pull it off consistently.
    Perhaps some of you have already done it and could share video / logs ? :P

(My friend claims its impossible even in bis and regardless of spec)

Edit. 10man ofc
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-01-17 at 11:33 PM.

I disengage off the edge of the tube by default. Run into the tube as a backup if I need to get in there fast to avoid magnets/missiles, and if I have debuff and need to get in tube fast for some reason I use that jump into tube->ejected->disengage trick as a second backup.

edit: as for soloing belts, it's easy to solo the first one with heroism, prepot, cds and procs but it's not possible to solo every one as far as I know. I've tried to solo a second one later in the fight when someone failed, using potion and stampede and I couldn't do it, though it was close and probably easily doable with decent procs/preparation. I'm 576.
    Last edited by mediic; 2014-01-17 at 11:31 PM.

welcome to common knowledge from months ago

Deleted
    The "safe" way of getting on to the belt is slightly more dangerous since you will take fall damage, and that + overload damage will mean that you'll might not get full health when you jump off and getting another overload running to the next belt then might kill you, or the fall might. Overall it is safer to learn how to disengage off the top of the tube rather than from mid-air.

Soloing the belts requires good RNG. I've managed to solo it once when the other person failed and that was with just AmoC and pot, but I was very lucky with LnL + it died just before going through.

It's actually slower than pipe jumping and would not have been possible during early progression

I know this does not work for everyone, but in my guild we happen to have 3 hunters, and send up 2-3 other dps each time. This results in us killing the weapon very fast. What I do is stay where I go on at the start, and dps the weapon (never lives past the second beam) and then disengage at 1 second left before the next belt group. Disengaging at the right time prevents the grip from pulling you off and you stay on the belt. For me it was amazing since it prevented any damage being taken by me.

Edit: This is heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    I disengage off the edge of the tube by default. Run into the tube as a backup if I need to get in there fast to avoid magnets/missiles, and if I have debuff and need to get in tube fast for some reason I use that jump into tube->ejected->disengage trick as a second backup.

edit: as for soloing belts, it's easy to solo the first one with heroism, prepot, cds and procs but it's not possible to solo every one as far as I know. I've tried to solo a second one later in the fight when someone failed, using potion and stampede and I couldn't do it, though it was close and probably easily doable with decent procs/preparation. I'm 576.
    quite impossible to solo every belt, if I get good RNG I can solo every 2 belts but that RNG would be a god-send and I'm happy when I can solo that odd belt when someone messes up and don't come (death or shitty RNG)

Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    This encounter’s Heroic mode is a huge step up in difficulty from the preceding 11 bosses. We’re looking to smooth out that spike somewhat, while still keeping the fight quite challenging. The following changes apply only to Heroic difficulty: We are reducing the unavoidable raidwide damage inflicted by Magnetic Crush and Shredders’ Overload, as well as the damage from Superheated (to make belt groups’ lives a bit less painful when an Overcharged Laser is active). We’re also reducing Disassembled Turret health. Finally, on 10-player Heroic only, we’re reducing the health of Crawler Mines, since 10-player raids have fewer available tools to keep them controlled.
    Assuming by this they mean they are reducing all belt weapons health, it might be possible for a well geared hunter to reliably solo every belt starting next tuesday, but entirely dependent on how much health they knock off.

On topic though, don't mean any offense, but I read about this tactic many weeks ago in a SC thread, so it's not particularly news, as someone else said a bit more harshly. Personally I've got the running up the side of the pipe thing down to second nature, the only time I do this tactic is when I have the debuff and accidentally (rarely) fall off the side of the pipe, into the pipe, and at that point I might as well just disengage over so that I lose less time. I've also read about people having a decent fail rate with the tactic in that they disengage and hit an invisible wall of some sort (or the disengage just fails to propel them) - I haven't experienced this as I rarely use it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

The problem I have with said method is as follows:

- A tad slower than the standard method, can cause dmg loss on the weapon if it's the 1st weapon that has to be killed.

- While being thrown up into the air, you can be hit by Missile's, now you're also vulnerable to this when doing the standard method, though you're in the air longer here, and the distance is bigger.

Kagon@

Mages can do the same with blink, other classes most likely have something similar. Problem in that way, is that it's next to impossible to get up to the new weapon in time, resulting in maybe ½ of the dmg that you could've done to the weapon.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Kagon@

Mages can do the same with blink, other classes most likely have something similar. Problem in that way, is that it's next to impossible to get up to the new weapon in time, resulting in maybe ½ of the dmg that you could've done to the weapon.
    The way I read his post he's staying on the belt full time, never leaving it. So I don't see how he could be loosing time on the weapon. I've never heard of this tactic myself, but it certainly sounds interesting if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    The way I read his post he's staying on the belt full time, never leaving it. So I don't see how he could be loosing time on the weapon. I've never heard of this tactic myself, but it certainly sounds interesting if it works.
    He is, I've tried the tactic myself, but imagine this, you''ve just killed a weapon and is now at the end of the belt, you use disengage just before Blackfuse pulls everybody down. Though now you're at the end of the belt, having to race all the way up to the start of it. Imagine running up an escalator going down. One could disengage his way forth, though quite ballsy when thinking of the various laserbeams on the belt, needs quite some good timing. One could use Nitro Boost, but that won't be ready for everytime, same with Stampeding Roar. Basicly it just ends up taking more time than jumping down and jumping up again via the standard method.

Since we can deterrence everything on the main platform, there's not really a point in stressing around on the belt to join up with the new group.

Deleted
    Jumping against the movement means you get back quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    He is, I've tried the tactic myself, but imagine this, you''ve just killed a weapon and is now at the end of the belt, you use disengage just before Blackfuse pulls everybody down. Though now you're at the end of the belt, having to race all the way up to the start of it. Imagine running up an escalator going down. One could disengage his way forth, though quite ballsy when thinking of the various laserbeams on the belt, needs quite some good timing. One could use Nitro Boost, but that won't be ready for everytime, same with Stampeding Roar. Basicly it just ends up taking more time than jumping down and jumping up again via the standard method.

Since we can deterrence everything on the main platform, there's not really a point in stressing around on the belt to join up with the new group.
    Like I stated, the weapon never goes past the third (I think I said second before) beam. That means I can stay in the first spot 100% of the time, and never go forward, just constantly jump backwards while dpsing. I have 100% uptime on the weapons.

Edit: Will FRAPS a short vid of it this week.
    Last edited by Valkors; 2014-01-19 at 04:25 PM.

yeah, I don't think people realize if you jump against the grain of the belt, you go quite far. Just running will never get you back to the beginning.

Yea. Also, if you neeed to, you can deterrence and disengage through a belt no problem.
    Last edited by Valkors; 2014-01-19 at 04:35 PM. Reason: too many commas

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good tip for the belts is I take my pets dash off auto use. Jump on the belt, wait for the wep's then pop dash on your pet ( if BM ) This way the belt speed wont make you lose pet dps. I also keep my BW for the belts. You can pull off doing every belt if you stagger your CD's

1 st Belt - Pre pot with hero ( no cd's needed )
    2 nd Belt - Rapid Fire + BW
    3 rd Belt - just rapid fire ( this is the tricky one ) use 2nd agi pot
    4 th Belt - Rapid fire + BW
    Dead Boss