Poll: Does the color of someone's skin play a role in their attractiveness?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People use the racist card incorrectly

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    debatable, but that's neither here nor there. .
    Like your entire argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This forum has a mini stormfront section and then a bunch of "i'm not really racist, but"crowd.
    You Can't help who you find attractive. I tend to only like pale women. Doesn't make me racist.

Saying thats racist is like saying gay men hate women because they don't like them attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Because social status. Sexual attraction is just a footnote in this mess.
    I mean why the fuck are people judging her for changing her appearance in a way that she prefers?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much double morale; if it is a White woman getting a tan, nobody pays attention but if it is a coloured woman getting bleached, then everybody freaks out and calls the Racism Police. Political Corectness ruined the world.

But she does look better white.
    Last edited by DJ117; 2014-01-19 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I mean why the fuck are people judging her for changing her appearance in a way that she prefers?
    The question is "why" though...

many people lighten simply because they feel dark skin is ugly but why... probably has something to do with media image of what beauty is... and that's never dark skin.

I don't find darker skin attractive at all.

Deleted
    debatable, but that's neither here nor there. See, this is the part of the argument where two rational people, who have come to better understand eachother's positions, accept their differences of opinions and leave it, on common ground, amicably. At least that would be the case if we weren't all freaking misanthropistic sociopaths.
    I really just made a cup of tea.

Kidding. (Well, i did)

We've talked over the span of three to four pages, we've explored each others arguments and you've found ground to rest our debate in peace; I still find certain elements of your argument put forth highly questionable, but i respect people have differing views.

debatable, but that's neither here nor there. See, this is the part of the argument where two rational people, who have come to better understand eachother's positions, accept their differences of opinions and leave it, on common ground, amicably. At least that would be the case if we weren't all freaking misanthropistic sociopaths.
    I do not believe that there are two rational positions here. Not everything has multiple valid positions.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    She looks better white.
    She looks ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she's ugly either way, but she looks better with darker skin. Too many artificial modifications all around, though.

Deleted
    To me - yes - skin color matters when it comes to attraction. It doesn't matter, however, in all other aspects*.

*Ok... maybe I couldn't be the friend of someone who is so obsessed with tanning that visits sun studio twice a day. I prefer natural skin color (or natural tanning, under the sun)

probably has something to do with media image of what beauty is... and that's never dark skin.
    Obvious bullshit. To believe this you have to just outright deny the existence of dark-skinned models.

Deleted
    She looks ugly.
    To be frank, she looked better as her old self; The procedure she underwent was entirely unnecessary, source: 18 yr old Gen ot Denizen.

Then again, if she feels confident in her body who am i to criticize her.

This thing feels confident, i have much to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Obvious bullshit. To believe this you have to just outright deny the existence of dark-skinned models.
    Obviously by never I meant usually.

Usually the beauty standard isn't dark, there are dark models that doesn't instantly = all print and commercial work standards are very very open. There are dark models now who still talk about the inequality in the industry.

Most Asian countries the standard of beauty isn't tan like many of them are.

Obviously by never I meant usually.
    Yeah, I clearly should know that "never" means "usually". Totally obvious.

She looks ugly.
    Racist.

Anyway, I'd agree she looked better before. At the end of the day her features are "black" as it were, she was plenty good looking enough. If Nigeria's media is being bombasted with what the Western world thinks is "pretty" maybe they need to get their own media doing something to help combat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I really just made a cup of tea.
    Splendid. I shall now consume an ice cream sandwich in honor of this momentous occasion.

I do not believe that there are two rational positions here. Not everything has multiple valid positions.
    Seriously. I think maybe you should just take them off, and put on a new pair.

Yeah, I clearly should know that "never" means "usually". Totally obvious.
    If you bother to think yes... it's rather obvious. Very few things are "never" so please next time try and think about how flexible the English language is.

If you bother to think yes... it's rather obvious.
    Remind me to not take you seriously in the future. When someone can sit there and claim that "never" means "usually" and it's obvious, I have to conclude that this individual is simply incapable of admitting being wrong, ever.