Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Different animation? i haven`t noticed a thing about the DS animation being changed since Wrath.
    i think he means templars verdict taking divine storms place but just having a lamer animation.. i agree divine storm was fucking awesome and everyone loved it yet they had to change it because some retarded wow devs thought it would be more better? lol fuck them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Different animation? i haven`t noticed a thing about the DS animation being changed since Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    i think he means templars verdict taking divine storms place but just having a lamer animation.. i agree divine storm was fucking awesome and everyone loved it yet they had to change it because some retarded wow devs thought it would be more better? lol fuck them
    oh no no no.
    Yes, different animation. Blizzard has cut about 75% of our particles/effects! There was holy lightning sorrounding us that stayed even after we moves. Please, search on youtube for Divine Storm - you will see how much you miss. It is unacceptable that one of the most beautiful abilities got hurt so much!

/console spelleffectlevel 5000
    /console particledensity 1000
    /console ffxglow 1

I think a lot of what you're experiencing though, is interference from other effects like the meta, cloak, trinkets. Although I will admit the spell lost some density when it was redesigned to hit unlimited targets, what they did was stretch it out to cover the actual area that it affects. It used to be compressed within the radius of melee range.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2014-01-18 at 08:14 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I just want librams.

Arthas has one.

This chick has one (on the OFFICIAL page btw).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    /console spelleffectlevel 5000
    /console particledensity 1000
    /console ffxglow 1

I think a lot of what you're experiencing though, is interference from other effects like the meta, cloak, trinkets. Although I will admit the spell lost some density when it was redesigned to hit unlimited targets, what they did was stretch it out to cover the actual area that it affects. It used to be compressed within the radius of melee range.
    what does it do? will this console thingy restore wotlk appearance of Divine Storm?

Deleted
    I know a lot of people won't like this, but I would love to see GoaK as ret becoming a permanent pet, maybe by a glyph or something?

Deleted
    1) I want Rets to be THE top DPS class for ONE tier. No, I am not asking to be top dps for whole fucking expansion, getting unique quest chain and unique new animations like warlocks in MoP have had.
    Just one tier.
    Top dps on most or all boss fights.
    Do you think I am asking for too much? After year and a half of being mediocre/below average in whole Mop.

2) Give us a damage-oriented raid-cd. Something like "Retribution aura - you fuel divine power into your group/raid members, causing all their attacks to deal extra X damage as holy for Y seconds. 2 mins CD. Replaces Devotion aura, which is now Holy and Prot only."

1.: Inquisition needs to just go and they buff our dps to compensate. It's just a crutch to make sure Ret pulls competitive numbers it's archaic

1.5: If they don't want to remove it, it needs to be off the GCD and spending holy power on TV/DS/WoG needs to increase the duration by 3 seconds for each HoPo spent.

2. Move away from burst, give us more sustained damage options. As of right now way to much damage is tied into hammer of wrath and AV. It's really big hindrance in PvP when the only way to kill people is through cooldowns other wise you apply almost zero pressure, but it's also visually revealing and basically screams CC me.

3. Seal system sucks, on-hit effects are overpowered when they work, useless when they don't. There is no middle ground. Gut it and rework it.
    Last edited by Borigrad; 2014-01-19 at 07:22 PM.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I think Ret is losing GoAK. A blue said they were thinking of reducing paladin cooldowns , which i think is great.

GoAK for prot
    Divine Favor for holy
    Avenging Wrath for ret
    source plz as ive read no such thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatrip View Post
    get rid of holy power
    and yes plz do away with holy power i hate it, expecily when tryng to learn holy after not playing it since icc

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    source plz as ive read no such thing
    It was a tweet from Ghostcrawler. I'd support trimming cooldowns both for button bloat and for practical purposes though. I'm not sure if I'd be ready to see both Avenging Wrath and Guardian be removed for Holy though (trimming 2 cooldowns is a lot). I also think Prot could stand to lose Wings, but then other tanks need to see offensive cooldowns adjusted also (Recklessness for warriors, Berserk for druids, DRW for blood, etc. are comparable to Wings). Not sure about Prot losing AD, but others have mentioned it would be nice to instead see the AD effect become passive again. Prot is definitely the most button-bloated of all the specs at this moment.

The flip side also, is that for people who do desire extra cooldowns, Holy Avenger can remain as a talent. So you can choose between the passive (DP), an enhanced cooldown (SW), or two cooldowns.

Holy losing both CDs really would put them in a bad position. If anything, I'd be okay with Prot losing wings, and the other two just losing GoAK. Would balance the CD system a lot better.

Personally, I dislike Eternal Flame. It replaces the main ability of a holy paladin and is one of the strongest spells they can have. It kinda feels like the whole spec is balanced around eternal flame (if the holy paladin isn't going SH). It was my understanding that talents were just to enhance play styles based on choice, not become the cornerstone of the entire play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Fouton View Post
    Personally, I dislike Eternal Flame. It replaces the main ability of a holy paladin and is one of the strongest spells they can have. It kinda feels like the whole spec is balanced around eternal flame (if the holy paladin isn't going SH). It was my understanding that talents were just to enhance play styles based on choice, not become the cornerstone of the entire play style.
    If anything, Eternal Flame should become baseline. The previous 5.3 play-style while "arguably" over-tuned (but far, far paling in comparison to 5.0 or 5.4 disc priest) was one of the most positive experiences. Almost no reliance on retarded "smart" heals, "YOLO" cooldowns, no-target-cap special snowflake "GG finishers" or repeated ability spam.

"Skill" came in the form of picking where to put somewhat limited amounts of single-target long-duration absorbs/hots and also balancing the immediate heal versus the proactive part of the same ability. Good decision-making, something lost since Blizzard felt compelled to erase the last bit of thought required in 5.4.

Get rid of Holy Power. If I wanted my paladin to be a rogue, I'd play my rogue.

If i'm going to be called a a burst class then give me burst. If i'm going to be an off healing class than give me off-heals. I dislike being OP cause of these things yet I'm not even the best at these two key aspects of being a ret paladin. In raids Ret's aren't even close to the top burst dmg. In pvp our off-heals are garbage compared to many other classes...

This thread should be titled: "So you can't play a paladin. How should we nerf its playstyle to accommodate your handicap?"

Protection paladins:
    Being able to survive pretty much anything, without stacking agressive stats.
    get rid of holy power
    Inquisition needs to just go and they buff our dps to compensate.
    Ret has too many cooldowns atm
    Remove Holy Power
    if not that
    Remove Inquisition
    if not that
    Bring back Auras
    if not that
    Make Consecration not suck anymore

I would like to see retri good enough to be a part of world first kills.

If you take a look of the first end boss kills this expansion (tier 15 and tier 16, I don't have any information for tier 14 since it's not available at wowprogress) it looks like this (looking at the first and second guild on both 10 man and 25 man):

Lei Shen
    Method - 0 retris
    Blood Legion - 0 retris
    Paragon - 0 retris
    Sanitas - 0 retris

Ra-den
    Method - 0 retris
    Blood legion - 0 retris
    Paragon - 0 retris
    Sanitas - 0 retris

Garrosh
    Method - 0 retris
    Blood legion - 0 retris
    Paragon - 0 retris
    Depraved - 0 retris

Deleted
    - A beautiful, big, straight, two-edged, white and golden holy two-hand sword. How come that EVERY two-hand sword is just a demon black magic bone blade?
    +1 !

Perhaps a minor glyph for Holy only : "Transmog your shield and weapon like a random two-hand sword/mace in your inventory".

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow make them fun again - they are very dull to play currently.

Deleted
    I'd like to have the Devotion Aura CD changed to have some spec flavor. Keep the magic reduction across specs but make the secondary effect change depending of spec. For example
    Holy: Interrupt/knockback resistance
    Protection: 20% physical damage reduction
    Retribution: 20% of damage taken reflected back to caster.

That way there'd be a reason to have a certain type of a Pally in your raid, and it would sit inline with our old auras.