Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbath234543 View Post
    They need to remove IOC from the game, and remove AV from Q to make it like vanilla AV with Hour(s) long battles, dailies, objectives and mini bosses, AND make the dailies, boss and player kills give honor. In one fail swoop you get rid of the whole reason Horde dont Q AV and IOC, BOTS.
    lol, giving reason why IoC/AV should change/remove with your left hand while trying to deny the underlying reason is you want the advantage in ALL bgs with your right hand
    its not like alliance can black list the other 9 bgs

alliance - 2 bgs
    horde - 9 bgs

(GASP) AV IS BALANCED IN THE ALLIANCE FAVOR!?

ZOMG NO WAY

if only the player base had been saying this for the last 5 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbath234543 View Post
    They need to remove IOC from the game, and remove AV from Q to make it like vanilla AV with Hour(s) long battles, dailies, objectives and mini bosses, AND make the dailies, boss and player kills give honor. In one fail swoop you get rid of the whole reason Horde dont Q AV and IOC, BOTS.
    What an absolutely horrible idea. It's interesting to note how many horde players will complain about the 40 mans but don't seem to have a problem with winning the majority of everything else.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    And why is that exactly?

I can't expect to clear normal raids with PVP gear, why should we let PVE'ers do "normal" BGs with their gear?
    I say gear should cross over more. Let PVP gear be slightly worse but still viable in raids, and PVE gear about the same in BGs. I'd rather players be able to enjoy both without having to spend double the time to get the respective gear.

i assume the people being perplexed by the statistics havent done bgs in a while.
    the main reason the disparity between alliance/horde w/l rations skyrocketed in favor of alliance in AV and IoC was because of the option to blacklist bgs.
    compare january's graphic with the one from 2011. the trends were the same, but deffinitely not as impacted.
    back when the 2011 statistic was snapshotted (WotLK i believe), horde still used to win IoC, but if you remember cataclysm, alliance almost always won it. when MoP came out and the option to blacklist bgs was implemented, horde players simply blacklisted the bgs they used to lose most of the time (those 2), which resulted in only inexperienced horde players still playing them (because they dont even know there is an option to blacklist them) or bots.
    alliance, on the other hand, picked some other 2 bgs that they thought they lost the most to blacklist. again, inexperienced players and bots still played said bgs.

bg blacklisting was a great idea in principle, but turned out disastrous. it is also the main reason queue times are horrible.

as for why there were trends in bgs to begin with, the only explanation i can think of is mentality formed among the years in both factions. all bgs are symmetrical enough that a 1% delta in w/l ratios would still be a bit much solely because of it.
    Last edited by Railander; 2014-01-20 at 02:44 AM.

Mean call to arms conflicting with my IoC blacklist!

Honestly though, ioC would probably be a lot of fun as a 10-15 player Bg. It's just a complete fail with 40 people tho. Actually, i don't think the map is that far off being a nice world zone, but it's totally not suited for complete pugs, you don't even have the same realm recognition fallback of TB-esque battlefields to fall back on most of the time :P

Oh look, its pretty close, but slightly horde dominated except for AV and IOC. who would have thought AV favors alliance.. o right. people have been saying that since its release but nah.. lets NEVER fix AV. IOC.. not sure what to say of the huge disparity there. I think thats more along the lines of stupid horde always running for the sieges and no one stops the glaves or catapults.

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    lol, giving reason why IoC/AV should change/remove with your left hand while trying to deny the underlying reason is you want the advantage in ALL bgs with your right hand

alliance - 2 bgs
    horde - 9 bgs
    oh yea... the win disparity is sooooo great that you actually need to blacklist the other 9 right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekx View Post
    Oh look, its pretty close, but slightly horde dominated except for AV and IOC. who would have thought AV favors alliance.. o right. people have been saying that since its release but nah.. lets NEVER fix AV. IOC.. not sure what to say of the huge disparity there. I think thats more along the lines of stupid horde always running for the sieges and no one stops the glaves or catapults.
    I wouldn't call winrates up to 68.3% slightly dominated, Horde flat out smash Alliance in every battleground except Warsong Gulch which I would call slightly dominated. But no, lets complain about the two battlegrounds Alliance win and how they need to be rebalanced. Horde can just blacklist those two and go win like 60%+ of their battlegrounds, Alliance can only blacklist 2/9.

IoC is still broken. At least you can blacklist two. The only real fix is mixed factions BGs, which is what should happen.

Those AV/IoC statistics are totally not surprising. That doesn't stop AV from being my favourite BG though, and i'm looking forward to Ashran a hell of a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    But no, lets complain about the two battlegrounds Alliance win and how they need to be rebalanced.
    So we should have one BG that favours Alliance by design (AV) .. because they can't win other battlegrounds by properly working as a team?

What does say about Alliance players?

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    oh yea... the win disparity is sooooo great that you actually need to blacklist the other 9 right ?
    horde 1 - bl av/ioc
    horde 2 - bl av/ioc
    horde 3 - bl av/ioc
    etc

ally 1 - bl temple/ab
    ally 2 - bl sota/mines
    ally 3 - bl eots/deepwind
    etc

get the picture?
    horde have it ez to bl the 2 ones they lose more often in hence the disparity
    allies have to choose 2 from a group of 9 and they are not going to choose the same
    overall the stats will be a bit more even cos of that factor

lets swap it around and there was 9 40m bgs and only 2 10/15m bgs total, which 2 40m would you bl list?

60/40 isn't a bad ratio at all (although the fact that it favors the Horde more often than not is odd). Blizzard would be the most amazing designers/developers EVER if they managed to pull off a consistent 50/50 (that's not realistic though).

The 3 BGs that need to be looked at/rebalanced are obviously Alterac Valley, Isle of Conquest, and Strands of the Ancient. That large of a disparity shouldn't be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Interesting to note that the old stats show horde having a huge win ratio over alliance in IoC though if recent memory serves me no changes to that BG have been made.
    Alliance discovered that the docks flag is closer to them than it is to the Horde.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Really guys....Alliance only wins AV and IOC and you are already saying they need to fix it because it's not fair. So basically horde players wont be happy until they dominate all battlegrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Levit View Post
    Really guys....Alliance only wins AV and IOC and you are already saying they need to fix it because it's not fair. So basically horde players wont be happy until they dominate all battlegrounds?
    No LEARN TO READ or atleast LEARN TO STATISTICS.

The other 9 BG's are closer to the dream 50/50 Ratio, so close that there are probably other factors involved, like Racial's or Playerskill. Than look at the 40 Man BG's.

Can you see the difference?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    It's interesting to note how many horde players will complain about the 40 mans but don't seem to have a problem with winning the majority of everything else.

When I saw the stats I just knew there would be a slew of omg alliance zerg type comments, even though the 2011 figures show horde dominating IoC and being much closer in AV. Arguements of convenience, meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post

alliance - 2 bgs
    horde - 9 bgs
    You are missing the point, a LOT of Alliance only queue for IOC and AV because its a steamroll when half of the opposing team are bots, I dare you to roll a 90 on horde and queue IOC so you can watch 10-20 people every game mount up at the beginning, pile up into a ball and run continuously to mid then graveyard run the rest of the game because they are all using the same program. Never again will I ever join that madness, if you dont blacklist then all you get is IOC and AV, I shit you not... every game... If Blizz removes blacklisting and all that pops is AV and IOC over and over again, ill just selectively queue and pass on insta queues with 90% losses for 50 honor.

lol at butthurt horde players crying for a fix av and ioc, meanwhile they praise themselves for dominating the other bg no problem haha cool story...