Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Coming back to WoW, what addons would you recommend?

Hello everyone,

So I'm coming back to wow after a 3 year break, and I'm starting a new character. I want to know what addons I should be using. They don't have to be strictly for leveling, they could be for inventory management/auction house/interface/rares etc.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    http://vranx.com/ is where I start looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    some addons I use:

-auctionater (AH addon which lets you buy/sell easier aswell as better overview; must have)
    -bagnon (one big bag instead of multiple ones)
    -Selljunk (sells junk)
    -BGdefender (instead of typing 'lumber mill 5 players incoming' you can just click a button)
    -DBM (deadlybossmods -> also don't forget older versions like Cata, tells you what happens during the boss encounters; must have)
    -PetBattleTeams (let's you save pet teams)
    -PetJournal_QuickFilter (filter pets much faster)
    -PetTracker (shows you where to find missing pets in the world)
    -PlateBuffs (shows debuffs as icons over enemies heads)
    -Postal (open mail automatically; must have)
    -Quartz (better casting bar)
    -SaySapped (if sapped your character says "Sapped by [insert_stealthy_rogue_name_here]")
    -Skada (damage meters)
    -WorldBossStatus (tells you which character already has killed one of the world bosses this reset)

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    some addons I use:

-auctionater (AH addon which lets you buy/sell easier aswell as better overview; must have)
    -bagnon (one big bag instead of multiple ones)
    -Selljunk (sells junk)
    -BGdefender (instead of typing 'lumber mill 5 players incoming' you can just click a button)
    -DBM (deadlybossmods -> also don't forget older versions like Cata, tells you what happens during the boss encounters; must have)
    -PetBattleTeams (let's you save pet teams)
    -PetJournal_QuickFilter (filter pets much faster)
    -PetTracker (shows you where to find missing pets in the world)
    -PlateBuffs (shows debuffs as icons over enemies heads)
    -Postal (open mail automatically; must have)
    -Quartz (better casting bar)
    -SaySapped (if sapped your character says "Sapped by [insert_stealthy_rogue_name_here]")
    -Skada (damage meters)
    -WorldBossStatus (tells you which character already has killed one of the world bosses this reset)
    Thanks for the list!

Any good UI addons? I used to use X-perl (I think that what it was called), anything similar?

SavedInstances is really great!

10+ Year Old Account
    titan panel is a must for me and it has so many little things u can add to it as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Healbot - If you play a healer and want to make healing extremely boring and easy. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/heal-bot-continued
    If you're referring to the automatic healing thing, it hasn't been able to do that in years.

Yeah, Healbot is amazing. I used to use it on my priest and if I get back to leveling her I'll definitely use it again.

Sexymap
    InterruptAnnouncer
    DBM
    Bartender
    X-perl
    TellMeWhen
    Omen
    Recount
    AtlasLoot
    Mogit
    Bagnon
    NPCScan
    MoveAnything
    OmniCC
    Plate Buffs
    Prat
    Quartz
    Range Display

Quote Originally Posted by Clu View Post
    SavedInstances is really great!
    this this this! I installed this addon recently and fell in love a little bit with the author. Its so nice to track what each of my alts has done in the current week, who still needs VP, Boss kills, lockouts, weekly quests, farms etc etc. All in a nice compact addon.

I'm not sure that its useful for OP when starting out only one new character, but certainly anyone who has an alt or two to manage!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Hello everyone,

So I'm coming back to wow after a 3 year break, and I'm starting a new character. I want to know what addons I should be using. They don't have to be strictly for leveling, they could be for inventory management/auction house/interface/rares etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Probably best to go with a package one like ElvUI. Then just get a few essential QoL other addons like, atlasloot enhanced, bagnon or arkinventory, skada, easymail, auctionlite, DBM, weakauras2 and you are set.

if you are raiding, less known addons (I think):
    GTFO - makes annoying sound when you stand in crap,
    RSA - spell announcer, use it for raid wide cooldowns to announce when cooldown starts and when it ends

I personally use Shadowed Unit Frames but there are couple more alternatives from a bit hardcore oUF to x-perl. you can also create unit frames with weak auras.

Deleted
    Oqueue - for finding flex, world boss, leveling and transmog run groups.
    Postal - for mailing. If you AH a lot this is crucial.
    Weakaura & DBM are must if you raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    Oqueue - for finding flex, world boss, leveling and transmog run groups.
    Postal - for mailing. If you AH a lot this is crucial.
    Weakaura & DBM are must if you raid.
    Does Postal work even though it's out of date? Because I installed it but it says it's out of date so I just uninstalled it.

Weakauras2 and DBM is a must. Nameplates, I would recommend Tidyplates, Life without a damage meter is good, you do more damage, because you spend less time staring at it. Don't get Skada or recount, just go with the flow

Does Postal work even though it's out of date? Because I installed it but it says it's out of date so I just uninstalled it.
    Yes, I use it
    Last edited by thunterman; 2014-01-20 at 01:47 PM.

I still use Postal. just turn on "load out of date addons" option.

Yeah, Healbot is amazing. I used to use it on my priest and if I get back to leveling her I'll definitely use it again.
    Healbot has MASSIVE input lag, and always has. Pick out a raid frame you like, and get a addon called Clique. Its a hell of allot more effective. Its also been broken since 5.2, it doesn't display debuffs anymore, so you would need to use decursive aswell

any addons to change the ugly vanilla name plates?
    Tidyplates.