Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RMP vs Warrior teams... need help

I'm playing RMP and we hit 2100 last night. It seems every single team we queue into is a warrior team, and we struggle against any type of warrior team whether its KFC, WMD, etc. How are we supposed to play a warrior team? The warrior will literally train one target until its dead. If the warrior trains the mage, the mage can't get any casts off and he just drops in health really quick. If we go on the other DPS it means the warrior has free reign to train whatever he wants, if we go on the warrior he just has so many cooldowns and will train everything regardless of what we do. Sometimes we get a hard opener and kill the warrior right away, but that doesn't work every time. Advice is appreciated.

Focus CC Warrior (Mage/Rogue can disable a Warrior for a phenomenally long time), train its healer or DPS partner.

You will often kill trade, as they will likely train one of you as well, but by then you should be able to kill its remaining partner, as Warriors can't peel for shit.

In general trying to kill the Warrior might not be a very good idea, as you end up feeding him rage, and Warriors are pretty tough sons of bitches right now, so it might come back and bite you in the ass.

My 2 cents and take it as such.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-01-20 at 05:28 PM.

as you end up feeding him rage
    Warriors don't play in berserker stance. It's 90% defensive stance and 10% battle stance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Statistically, ~100% of matches you play above like 2k this season will contain a warrior - so since you don't have a warrior on your comp, expect to fight nothing but warriors until WoD. There isn't really much you can do to fix that either - RMP isn't a top comp right now (lacks the minimum 1+ warrior requirement). I healed (shhhh, I never heal) RMP earlier in this season - and the best strategy I'd recommend is that you play the one advantage you have as hard as you can - tunnel the enemy healer off the pull and try to drop them before the warrior lands his kill.

With mage cooldowns, rogue cooldowns (our rogue was combat) and mindbender (and even atonement) - we had a moderate amount of success by combination of early CC stacking and big opening burst. Even still, I'd expect to lose more matches versus warrior teams than you win - and the only solution given the current state of 3's is to join them - and get at least 1 warrior into your team
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Warriors don't play in berserker stance. It's 90% defensive stance and 10% battle stance.
    Erm...If you are in melee range, all it takes is one MS, with a macro switch, and the Warrior will be at 100 rage, followed by a CS and you will be chain Slammed. Literally all it takes to load the rage bar full is one stance switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Erm...If you are in melee range, all it takes is one MS, with a macro switch, and the Warrior will be at 100 rage, followed by a CS and you will be chain Slammed. Literally all it takes to load the rage bar full is one stance switch.
    I don't understand. Do you play berserker stance in pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't really swap war unless you catch him without a trinket, otherwise it's almost wasted pressure. poly spam him, root often, blind/disarm.

try RMD it's better this season I think

Make the warrior trinket the opener, keep the pressure, wait one minunte, full kidney into smokebomb = dead warrior,

I don't understand. Do you play berserker stance in pvp?
    No you don't what you do is a switch. If you are being hit, but not bursted, you switch to Berserker stance, and but as soon as the cooldown is up you switch back to Defensive, for a brief second you will take more damage but you will totally load your Rage bar to 100.

Once you unloaded that, you have still have the rage you are generating from shout/charge/MS/auto attacks. It pretty much means you can use Overpower on cooldown and pull of up to 4 Slams in a single CS. It is a bucket load of damage going out in a very short amount of time.

Stance dancing still happens, it is not as common as before, but you don't spend 90% of your time in defensive stance. Again this is situational, but you either kill a warrior in a single burst cycle or you need to stop hitting it, and create distance to rage starve him or force him into Battle Stance.

- - - Updated - - -

Make the warrior trinket the opener, keep the pressure, wait one minunte, full kidney into smokebomb = dead warrior,
    Aham, and why would a Warrior trinket anything but Smoke Bomb? The rest can be Shield Walled/Spell Reflected or Safe Guarded out of. Smoke bomb would be the Trinket+Leap moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aham, and why would a Warrior trinket anything but Smoke Bomb? The rest can be Shield Walled/Spell Reflected or Safe Guarded out of. Smoke bomb would be the Trinket+Leap moment.
    won't, + hunter sac from KFC

I don't know about other warriors but I always die to rogue mage opener on defensive stance with demo banner up, unless I trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about other warriors but I always die to rogue mage opener on defensive stance with demo banner up, unless I trinket.
    Are ur teammates in africa and not helping you? Does demo banner up mean u had a second outside of stun? If so why not use a better CD or leap out?

Need to all 3 start close but out just out of range to get triple ringed

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    Are ur teammates in africa and not helping you?
    Can't really answer that. My healer is always sapped.

Does demo banner up mean u had a second outside of stun? If so why not use a better CD or leap out?
    No I am fully stunned. I drop banner at exactly the same moment my healer is sapped. Next thing after banner I am cheapshotted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really answer that. My healer is always sapped.

No I am fully stunned. I drop banner at exactly the same moment my healer is sapped. Next thing after banner I am cheapshotted.
    I mean what comp do you play bud? I mostly play shammy KFC, but I did WMD for a while.

WMD has ridiculous peels of course cuz the mage and druid would start stealthed-> cyclone, KFC if the healer gets sapped and I get opened (which rarely happens) the hunter would probably just scatter and/or wyvern the mage, sac me, he could come up next to me to disengage/web the rogue.

There's actually a funny video where Veev gets killed within a stun just out of the gate in one cheap shot but not sure if it's this season or 1-2 ago.

I'd be asking what ur teammates did for you, checking ur deathlog and if it's only happened once or twice I wouldn't worry a lot.

I mean what comp do you play bud? I mostly play shammy KFC, but I did WMD for a while.

WMD has ridiculous peels of course cuz the mage and druid would start stealthed-> cyclone, KFC if the healer gets sapped and I get opened (which rarely happens) the hunter would probably just scatter and/or wyvern the mage, sac me, he could come up next to me to disengage/web the rogue.

There's actually a funny video where Veev gets killed within a stun just out of the gate in one cheap shot but not sure if it's this season or 1-2 ago.

I'd be asking what ur teammates did for you, checking ur deathlog and if it's only happened once or twice I wouldn't worry a lot.
    This season I played brainless TSG - DK runs with silence instead of stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    This season I played brainless TSG - DK runs with silence instead of stun.
    what? do u mean asphyxiate? vs chillblains or death's advance (both of which are shitty and neither of which are a silence)

what? do u mean asphyxiate? vs chillblains or death's advance (both of which are shitty and neither of which are a silence)
    If the DK does not pick asphyxiate, he has strangulate.

If the DK does not pick asphyxiate, he has strangulate.
    Not playing Asphyxiate in your set up is a bit odd. And while dying in an opener is of course is normal, it shouldn't be the standard. Your Death Knight should be peeling. If not him, then his pet.

Plus if he is not using Asphyxiate what is he using? Death's Advance or Chilblains and why?
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-01-22 at 06:02 AM.

Not playing Asphyxiate in your set up is a bit odd. And while dying in an opener is of course is normal, it shouldn't be the standard. Your Death Knight should be peeling. If not him, then his pet.

Plus if he is not using Asphyxiate what is he using? Death's Advance or Chilblains and why?
    Chilblains. Because we usually global healers which have to trinket my shockwave, and another stun would be diminished while strangulate effect is full duration. So many stuns is many with shockwave, fist of justice, and pet stun.

Chilblains. Because we usually global healers which have to trinket my shockwave, and another stun would be diminished while strangulate effect is full duration. So many stuns is many with shockwave, fist of justice, and pet stun.
    To be honest in your set up I'd use Bladestorm over Shockwave because Asphyxiate is overall a better stun, with better range, better effect (if immune to stun it silences), shorter cooldown and because Bladestorm flows well with it, plus Bladestorm will make you harder to peel.