Need help with workout plan

Hey all, I decided working on my body but I have no idea what workouts to do or what kind of diet to follow, so let me explain how I look like now, and how I want to look..

I am 58kg, 183cm, would like to gain around 8-10kg and want to be ripped, abs etc. what I do not want is working out trapezius, (and would like to avoid any workout responsible for that particular muscle gain) I even prefer being 200 kg than having that triangle over my shoulders, I understand it takes lot of time and hard work and I'm ready for it, if someone could help me with diet / supplement / workout plan would be really pleased, cause I could not find any good one for me, usually there are ones for people who want to loose weight and get fit or maybe my searching skills suck

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxin View Post
    Hey all, I decided working on my body but I have no idea what workouts to do or what kind of diet to follow, so let me explain how I look like now, and how I want to look..

I am 58kg, 183cm, would like to gain around 8-10kg and want to be ripped, abs etc. what I do not want is working out trapezius, (and would like to avoid any workout responsible for that particular muscle gain) I even prefer being 200 kg than having that triangle over my shoulders, I understand it takes lot of time and hard work and I'm ready for it, if someone could help me with diet / supplement / workout plan would be really pleased, cause I could not find any good one for me, usually there are ones for people who want to loose weight and get fit or maybe my searching skills suck
    Holy fuck, you're a skinny dude. I'd suggest a strength routine like Stronglifts for the first 3-6 months depending on how fast you progress (with light accessory work specific to your goals, so maybe a couple of sets of weighted crunches, etc), and then switch to something in the style of leangains/GVT until you have the mass you're looking for. As far as being ripped/having visible abs go, I don't believe being too fat is your problem. The lack of muscle tissue is.

Diet-wise you should be looking to hit at least 100g protein/day, anywhere from 50-60g of fat, and fill the rest with carbs until you're on a moderate surplus (200-300 at most). I wouldn't recommend taking the plunge right into a surplus for most beginners, but you sound like the quintessential ectomorph hard-gainer.

Lastly, I also want to tell you that any workout program that didn't hit that 'triangle over your shoulders' would be a waste of fucking time, and the fact that you would rather be 200kg than having powerful upper traps is fucking ridiculous, as are your reasons probably for thinking that way. The human body is a holistic, integrated unit, and there isn't a way you can attack the posterior chain while neglecting the trapezius that wouldn't result in a royal fucking-over of your posture. For someone who's looking to build himself aesthetically, this is something you should be doing your utmost to avoid.

If you consider the anatomy of that 'triangle over your shoulders', you'll realize it's called the trapezius for a reason.

The entire red region is your trapezius, not just the bit between your shoulders and the top of your neck. Having an out of whack trapezius, is just asking for a host of scapular related problems, which in turn will cause issues with your rotator cuff due to anterior scapula tilts, and the like, and consequently affect just about every movement that involves your upper extremities. There is no good reason to not want to keep a particular muscle group in balance with the rest of your physique, especially if it's a muscle that's as critical, massive, and desirable as the trapezius.

You have no clue how many people try to grow their traps desperately but fail because they're not genetically inclined to have those kinds of traps. On top of being generally considered immensely aesthetic (from both the anterior and posterior view), they endow you with a certain 'don't fuck with me' look that other muscles don't, and it's not easy to immediately pinpoint why at first. You are literally the first person I've ever seen to actually specifically want to go out of his way to NOT train his traps.

^ Well-developed traps are easily the highlight of any physique from the back, and are also a sight to behold from the front. Your reasons for not wanting them are irrational, and you need to get over yourself.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2014-01-21 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Hey Velaniz, thanks alot for your response, I will definitely give it a try, about trapezius however I still cannot agree :P it's matter of taste you see? I've been swimming for 7 years and I prefer flat and wide shoulders over having trapezius (purely from visual perspective) ^ for me Is way better looking and more attractive body than the one you posted, it will also give you idea approximately what kind of results I want, right now my body looks like skinnier version of that guy, so basically I just want to gain some weight and yet stay in the same shape. and hardest thing for me is gaining weight. when I was 16 I used to be 78kg, then in one month I lost 20kg when I started smoking and since then I'm 58, for last 4 years I didn't lost or gained a single KG, and also it's kinda weird but if you ask people about my weight they will probably give me 7-10 more kg than I actually weight, maybe thats because I have thin bones..

Losing 20 kg in a month is a big thing. Dude first you need to put on some muscles. If you want to gain weight, the basic formula is to consume more calories than you burn. Exercise tend to burn calories quickly, making it harder to gain muscle mass. You can add an extra meal or calories to your diet each day to help replenish the calories you burn lifting weights, as well as furnish extra calories for building muscle. Choose protein-rich foods and foods with healthy fats — unsaturated fats — for sources of energy. I would recommend eating .6 to .8 g of protein per pound of your body weight daily.

If you've been a fairly active swimmer and your traps haven't grown significantly then you probably don't have much to worry about. Don't know that much about swimming, but I'm fairly sure it uses your lats/traps extensively. Traps are one of those muscle groups whose appearance is mostly pegged down to genetics. If you're naturally inclined toward looking like Michael Phelps, then there isn't much you need to be fussed over. Michael Phelps would likely never obtain traps as visually overbearing as Tom Hardy even if he tried to.

If however, you have fairly well-developed looking traps to begin with, then you won't be able to help whatever growth follows. The most you could do is probably avoid direct upper-trap isolation work such as shrugs, but they're a significant enough muscle group that they'll get worked heavily in other movements anyway, like bent over rows, upright rows, deadlifts, power cleans, etc. Leaving out those movements simply because you don't want your traps to grow, while at the same doing tonnes of anterior chain movements, is just setting yourself up for a whole host of muscular imbalances, something which not only heavily detracts from your aesthetics, but also makes you more prone to injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 58kg at 183cm about 5 years ago. I am now 76kg and still am very fit and not overweight. I was exactly like you wanting to gain weight but 10kg is not enough. At your height you can easily be 80kg and ripped.

Since I went through exactly what you want to achieve I can say is it takes a lot of time. 5kg muscle gain per year is a good gain. If you are serious about this read my tips
    *Do lots of research. for diet,workouts as you need to constantly change depending how you progress.
    *Start off with low weights. Even if you look like an idiot when everyone else is using big weights. You need to make sure technique is always correct for best gains and no injuries.
    *WORK OUT YOUR LEGS!!!! - Apart from the core the legs are next most important in building good strength and a good body
    *15 minutes of cardio every day
    *Eat your veggies. Beans are a high source of protein with essential vitamins

I used whey protein powder in the past but a good diet would keep you healthier and not needing to use supplements.

As for myself I play Ice hockey at least twice a week and walk/run my dog 2x a day for atleast 20 minutes everyday. I haven't been doing weights in a long time and I am still putting on muscle. I eat loads of carbs (brown rice,pasta,bread), veggies and I will have some form of meat every other day.