Heroic Malkorok Question

My guild has just started on malk, wondering if soaking orbs with greater invis is viable.

Also if anyone can share any tips for avoiding orbs spawning under my, sometimes i get trolled by my cloak proc and move. Sometimes i think it's my cloak and it's an orb.

soaking orbs with greater invis is indeed viable. for best results ask for a speed increase of some sort as GI is only 3 seconds

just look more closely really, cloak proc does cover up the orb effect. guess you could just do micro movements when you using hotstreak to determin if an orb has spawned

Well It is possible but if u just started, I would go with Cauterize in case smash or breath gets u, just not to fuck up. U can clear also orbs in Blood Rage phase just call for heals and use ur shield.

I never clear orbs during part 1 just in case I need to soak many puddles in a row, prioritize ice barrier, if on cooldown greater invis and neither of them available ice block.

But in phase 2 I clear if my greater invis is off cooldown, pop a blazing speed and you can cover quite a lot of them. If there are many orbs I pop ice barrier and clean up some more since the I can get healed up (the dmg-healing-"shield" are only active in phase 1).

I`ll repeat my stance on greater invis just cause its the best; always take it over cauterize! There is no reason to suddenly die on Malkorok (except if you have to soak, got no personals and healers out of range or something I guess), take double-blink glyph if you need to, get out of the shit on the floor and you`ll be good!
    twitter.com/the_narsha

I take ice floes just because dps. But yes greater invis is more than viable. I take Ice Barrier most of the time (sometimes i just stick with temporal because its off-global). Ask for a speed boost and pop greater invis, and go ham on soaking. Nitro Boost works too if you're an engineer. Careful to watch your G-Invis buff though, you don't want to be soaking when its not up .
    Also, i wouldn't recommend soaking in p1, its just risky; you never know how many orbs you might get hit by, if any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsha View Post
    I never clear orbs during part 1 just in case I need to soak many puddles in a row, prioritize ice barrier, if on cooldown greater invis and neither of them available ice block.

But in phase 2 I clear if my greater invis is off cooldown, pop a blazing speed and you can cover quite a lot of them. If there are many orbs I pop ice barrier and clean up some more since the I can get healed up (the dmg-healing-"shield" are only active in phase 1).

I`ll repeat my stance on greater invis just cause its the best; always take it over cauterize! There is no reason to suddenly die on Malkorok (except if you have to soak, got no personals and healers out of range or something I guess), take double-blink glyph if you need to, get out of the shit on the floor and you`ll be good!
    This is exactly how I handle H Malk 25 as well, to the tee. Don't forget you can also blink back to the ground if you get knocked up by the slimes, avoids damage and stops lost dps time. Double blink is amazing on that fight, blink out of smash, blink right back to rune.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Here's how I do it:

Ice Barrier + Greater Invisibility + Blazing Speed

Temporal Shield is a bit funky on this fight due to the healer-shield mechanic, but IB works just fine.
    I keep up IB off CD (use WeakAuras to track this). If my shield is green I just soak it straight up. If my shield is yellow, I soak it with IB. If I don't have IB up or my shield is red, I use GI. Save Ice Block for emergencies where nothing else is up or in case I lost my shield/forgot to move out of smash-zones.

When I get knocked up in the air by the add, because I have IB up, it doesn't hurt me quite as much. If a ton of orbs is on the ground and I can't spot a safe place to blink to, I use Slow Fall, drops me straight down to where I was.

For clearing the orbs in phase 2, I just use IB or GI, whatever's up + Blazing Speed, and even when those run out I just take 1-2 orbs at a time, 'cause the healers are blowing cooldowns anyway. Just watch your health and stop touching orbs when the next smashing-phase starts.

For dodging the spheres, I just look at my character, not the boss. Use tab to target the add when it's up, tab back to boss when it dies. No need to look at the center of the platform at all, really. Just keep an eye on your character and move a little at all times.
    Also, when you pop Alter Time, move a bit away from that spot, so that when orbs spawn, you won't get ported back to it.
    Last edited by mmocc219c9ac3f; 2014-01-26 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    my 2 cents..... use greater invis+ blzaing speed to soak as many bubbles as you can in the AE phase, wen oyu can be healed....
    I don't use it on CD, even if you could...
    Alter times works just fine to soak 1-2 of those orbs....
    The the rest of the orbst might be soaked by ahunter or rogue.... if oyu don't have the classes do it yourself... on CD
    Temporal SHield won't work, as it will only heal dmg taken, noit dmg, that hase gone into a shield.... so use Ice Barrier if you sok the bubbles and on CD to soak the void zones.... or Flameglow if oyu not gonna soak anything.... (which i supoose won't hapen)

Are in a 10man guild?

I'm part of a 10man guild I don't clear them at all as I stack them in a nice way so I still can move about and then pop them in p2.

Im just going to throw this out there. I dont think you should ever use ice barrier in this tier, especially on malkorok. Assuming the healers do their job on the pull and have everyone's shields topped, Ice barrier isnt even going to get scratched by the puddles. Temp shield, on the other hand, will pretty much NEVER overheal on heroic malkorok. Soak puddles with TS, and 6 seconds later your entire shield is replenished (or at least the amount you lost from soaking the puddle)

EDIT: I was wrong here, TS does not heal into your shield. Regardless, 15% damage reduction is still equally as potent as IB, assuming soaking a puddle does not break your shield, and is off the GCD.
    Last edited by Pretzul; 2014-01-27 at 06:30 PM.

Blazing speed worth it for GInvis soaking even for fire mages?

If you have enough crit you can do without PoM for your Alter time combo, however your off AT combustions will suffer. Its not optimal at all.

Soaking Orbs with Alter Time is very viable. A Few tips:
    1. MY group (10m) uses the boss's 15 sec frenzy time to have all ranged, and the off tank clear orbs in their respective areas, even without CDs, We have a paladin tank that solo's the Blood Rage. We can sacrifice the bit of dps time to just soak orbs around your area.

2. Just be smart about your Greater Invis usage it has a short CD, It can be used if you have to soak an Imploding Energy and you notice that you have a weak or no shield at all. After a bunch of kills on this boss, I havent ever needed to use Greater Invis to clear orbs, as I'm able to knock them all out during the Blood Rage Phase.
    Though having it for that extra cushion is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mejn View Post
    I would go with Cauterize in case smash or breath gets u, just not to fuck up.
    Worst advice EVER.. if u get hit by the smash or breath, 2 BASIC things to avoid, then i'd question ur ability as a heroic raider!! Using Greater invis as well as blazing speed is a must in order to clear orbs.. dear god dont use cauterise to hide!!

G invis can be used to soak orbs, yes. I personally just let our hunters and locks deal with it though. I save g invis for dangerous pool soaking.

In addition i take temporal shield to soak pools, i find the 15% dmg reduction and heal back invaluable.

Double blink and speed also allows you to get into pools quickly and get out of danger zones with little issue.

If you get hit by smash or breath no talent will save you from yourself

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    If you get hit by smash or breath no talent will save you from yourself
    Well, technically G.invis would.

Technically breath has a chance to miss it's target (friend has said he's seen it miss twice on his hunter w/ no defensive up).

Praise the rng gods??