View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prediction: WoW Down to 5.7 Million Subs

This is my prediction for the next conference call which is just a few weeks away. I know anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but my bro's high pop servers that he plays on never have que times anymore. Two of the realms he plays on have lowered to medium pop, and several of his guild mates have stopped playing.

I have several other friends who have stopped playing for various reasons. I don't think its just the SOO burnout, i think its legitimately people getting sick of this game, or just plain bored.

What is your prediction?

1m subs so that we can quit this topic forever.

I think it doesn't matter, because there will still be millions playing and that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game, and no doubt those taking a break right now will come back for the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I predict that you will keep making threads to stir up a mess for years to come.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Your prediction on the numbers may be close but I find the statement about you having friends hard to swallow :P

Anyway, game is 10 years old, no big shock that numbers are falling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I think it doesn't matter, because there will still be millions playing and that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game, and no doubt those taking a break right now will come back for the next expansion.
    So True. What does it matter anyways about the Sub numbers?

I would guess less than that. I bet if they told us how many of the remaining subs were actually European/American we'd be pretty shocked.

Why do we have to waste time by comming up with predictions?

So what if 1 mil players leave over the course of MoP, maybe 500k will join for WoD.

Btw, nice sources for your prediction. Hihi.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My prediction is blizzard asking me to come back for the 30th time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    So True. What does it matter anyways about the Sub numbers?
    Because we're humans. Being a crowd of the biggest trend/game/company is very important for the average human.
    Last edited by Bonkbonk100; 2014-01-22 at 03:51 PM.

I predict it will be down to just 2 subs. One of them subscribing to harass the other subscription who wants to play.

Deleted
    My prediction. 7.7 million subs.

What does it matter to you how many people are playing the game as long as they're having fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Why do we have to waste time by comming up with predictions?

So what if 1 mil players leave over the course of MoP, maybe 500k will join for WoD.

Btw, nice sources for your prediction. Hihi.
    Its a topic of discussion. If you dont like or want to discuss it, you are free to not post in the thread. Simple logic no?

no one is actually playing the game. You, even I, are all actually virtual Intelligences with "life simulators" to insert memories of living our life outside of playing wow and perception of supposed time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with 6.5 million active subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    My prediction is blizzard asking me to come back for the 30th time.
    LOL, they have sent me several emails and free 7 days a bunch of times too over the last 6 months or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry guys but the last number (wowcensus) showed good numbers of players activity. Also Boting is in good vibe atm, wont link stuff here ofc but it's pretty insane.

It ll be a 100K Sub loss at max. I go with 50k loss sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less. We've come to an absolute stale point in time with no real guesses as to when things will look up, we have no idea when the next PVP season will come about, or how long it'll play out before we have any clue as to when WoD may hit. Worse than ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Sorry guys but the last number (wowcensus) showed good numbers of players activity. Also Boting is in good vibe atm, wont link stuff here ofc but it's pretty insane.

It ll be a 100K Sub loss at max. I go with 50k loss sub.
    wowcensus is an invalid and not reliable source to view realm / player activity. Just look on your realm list and see all those medium and low pop servers.. that should be evidence enough alone to show that subs will be down by ALOT this conference call..

Sorry mate, the game is just not what it used to be..