Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Chill man :P all I care about is that it's quality content, I'd rather give them lots more time to deliver good looking models rather than realesing them ASAP.

i think you are reading too much into this. thats not to say that you are wrong about the release of WoD, just that this preview is probably not a good indicator of that timeline.

it is just a preview afterall, not a comprehensive look at the overall progress of the updates.

i cant say i know how things work at blizzard, but i know where i work, every project i have is made up of tons of individual tasks that all add up to the completed result, and almost never are those tasks completed in some singular order one by one. they all progress together, and often times no single task is 100% completed until the end because they all ultimately connect to one another.

looking in from the outside (ie, not knowing about blizzards process), it is conceivably possible that in this case each race/gender could be completed one at a time completely separate from one another. but that seems pretty unlikely since they are all ultimately tied together with things like armor or mounts.

not to mention that the process of revealing them to us is a completely separate thing from actually completing them. as the reveal is handled by the community team.

maybe they are planning regular previews to maintain interest. maybe the human female model animations are largely finished but "dont feel 100% right yet." a scenario that while they cant show us much, could take them to a point of total completion in no time at all.

you could be completely right. but the point is we really dont know anything at all about whats going on behind the scenes.

the lack of beta is the stronger argument here. but even then who knows, ever since they got rid of the Friends and Family alpha (the number 1 source of expansion leaks) even that gets little to no advanced warning. pretty sure if i recall correctly, MoP beta just poped up one day in the news without any build up of information that it was coming in the days/weeks prior.

that said, i really would have liked to see more too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift- View Post
    Chill man :P all I care about is that it's quality content, I'd rather give them lots more time to deliver good looking models rather than realesing them ASAP.
    nope. they only showed us 1 model. time to freak out and my freak out i mean FREAK THE HELL OUT about how there is just 1 guy working on models and after he is done with the models he will work on the expansion stuff. not like blizz has teams working on different stuff or anything logical like that.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    it is just a preview afterall, not a comprehensive look at the overall progress of the updates.
    That is very true, you may have just swayed me a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    If you do basic averages with what we have and what we can guess is release (Mid-June) we will not have all our models by then if they keep releasing them like they are now. And as I said later in my post. I am not going to quit, but that doesn't change the fact here that we have literally fucking nothing to work with except a T-Animation Skeleton, which is like handing someone a damn texture and stretching it over something, no rigging as far as we can tell, has been done. I am not Blizzard. I do not have there release schedule. I can tell you why they released this now though. Human Female is the most played Alliance Race and Gender. It was a ploy to keep people interested. It may work for some, but not for many others. This is very underwhelming, you can be upset at me all you want, but the bottom line is: THIS. WAS. UNDERWHELMING.

As I later added in as edits: I think they did a great job with the Human Females so far, lets hope the path continues and judging just by the article I can tell you they will be releasing more of these, the question is just when.
    you need to quit assuming they have to show us everything they have finished, the moment it is finished, so that you might check it off your imaginary checklist and guess how far the expac is "along".

they literally dont have to show us anything. peeks are exactly that, they are peeks. not to be confused with "how far along is the expac from being done".

you expected them to dump their entire work in your lap so that you could give some arbitrary stamp of approval, then forget about it tomorrow.

@op. Calm urself dude. At the end of the day it's a game. If u are really this passionate about deadlines on games, may I suggest a trip outside. Maybe camping trip. Something. Damn.

I'm still confused that people actually thought it would be out early spring. Based on what we saw at Blizzcon alone, beyond models, people should have known late summer is closer to the release date. Another thing that should have pointed this out to people was one of GC's tweets after he left Blizz about how they wanted to turn out content faster and added to the teams, but it doesn't always turn out that way. Since Blizzcon I've thought mid to late summer for sure. Spring is out of the question, especially now if they have a really short Beta. But, with Garrison additions, item squish, new stats etc a true full length Beta is going to be needed. There is a lot of technical change on their end this expansion which leads me to believe it will take longer to finish than the Corporate heads like Morhaime, Metzen etc anticipate and try to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a marketting strategy, my paranoid friend.

They reveal a lot at an event (blizzcon) to whet everyone's palates. People are excited, giddy, blah blah and then over a few weeks the excitement dies down a bit. Right around this time, they'll toss out very small teasers to make sure to let everyone know that they're still actively working on it and to remind everyone why they were excited in the first place.

They'll wait to drop the huge revealings until the peak of prerelease excitement, maybe right around the time for preorders or open beta etc etc, whatever they decide but right up until that point, they'll be leaving us very small breadcrumbs to stay on the right path.

If anyone actually read into this and thought "Omg this is a bad sign" then your problems exist far beyond your anticipation for a video game, sorry to say. <3
    Last edited by Luko; 2014-01-23 at 08:50 PM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

If you do basic averages with what we have and what we can guess is release (Mid-June) we will not have all our models by then if they keep releasing them like they are now.
    Apparently what rational people have been saying throughout this thread is falling on deaf ears. What they choose to show us has zero to do with how far done they are with the models, it's just teasers. As someone mentioned earlier, they said that female troll/orc models were about as far along as the tauren one. We haven't seen them because Blizz doesn't feel like showing them. Also, they didn't give us a deadline for completing the models, so I'm not sure why you'd expect them to be done mid-june.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Weep View Post
    The sky is falling.
    lol well put, some people are wayyyyyyyyyyyy too dramatic.

There hasn't been any mention of Beta. We'll be lucky to see this expansion by the end of Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    Christ I hate the wow community, just so much.
    Not our fault you're a cynic. I would have liked to see more models but I'm still staying optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    I hope for their sake they dont do this. Imagine you are one of the unlucky few (half?) that is running around on an old model, waiting for some future patch to catch you up to the rest of the world...would be a very bad decision by Blizz if they do. I would say almost worse that waiting to release with all races updated (and that is pretty bad)
    Yeah, because your model totally changes the gameplay experience. Who cares - release without models if it gets me WoD faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    As someone already pointed out, they've said it's going to be a gradual release. They don't all need to be ready with WoD's release.

I'm sure people will continue to ignore this piece of info and argue for the next 50 pages, though.
    Sadly they did, however, Blizzard's goal is to release all models by the time they release WoD. Also, to those who think they are working on one model at a time are sorely mistaken. They showed the forsaken model in this same stage as well as the Tauren male and dwarf female, those races probably are already almost done with animations and now they are working on human and possibly night elf. Not to mention Gnome is probably completely done.

OP is completely deserving of his title of "the Insane". He goes on a rant about how WoD is doomed to failure because it has to wait for character art assets. And then when told that isn't true he suggests that the alternative is actually even worse than the situation he was doom and glooming about initially.

Which is it, dude? Is it the end of the world (of warcraft) if they make us wait for it all to be finished or if they launch WoD with only some of the race models finished? Pick a paranoia and stick with it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Apparently what rational people have been saying throughout this thread is falling on deaf ears. What they choose to show us has zero to do with how far done they are with the models, it's just teasers.
    As I said above, I have been swayed a little toward your side here, but this is plain wrong. Everywhere on Twitter and even on the Official Blog Post its labeled as an Update, not a teaser. I am fine with them going at there own pace, but perhaps instead of announcing updates for Character Models they should have announced a Teaser for a New Character Model.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    you need to quit assuming they have to show us everything they have finished, the moment it is finished, so that you might check it off your imaginary checklist and guess how far the expac is "along".

they literally dont have to show us anything. peeks are exactly that, they are peeks.

you expected them to dump their entire work in your lap so that you could give some arbitrary stamp of approval, then forget about it tomorrow.
    I don't expect them to dump everything, never have, if I did I would have expected zone updates here too..... I expected Character Model Updates, not one T character model. Like I said above though, I am a bit more optimistic since they called this a series and said there was more on the way.

I should say below: I don't think the god damned Sky is Falling, I just think, in my opinion, this was very underwhelming for what they were trying to say they were going to reveal.

Wow
    Much dramatic
    Many crying
    wow

Patients is a virtue. Rome wasn't built in a day

Honestly, I wish during an expansions life they would add a month longer between the major tier patches instead of all this dead time at the end of an expansion. Either way MoP was so alt-unfriendly I don't mind the extra time to get all my characters in a good spot for the start of WoD and prep my little one for a 90 boost.

As I said above, I have been swayed a little toward your side here, but this is plain wrong. Everywhere on Twitter and even on the Official Blog Post its labeled as an Update, not a teaser. I am fine with them going at there own pace, but perhaps instead of announcing updates for Character Models they should have announced a Teaser for a New Character Model.

I don't expect them to dump everything, never have, if I did I would have expected zone updates here too..... I expected Character Model Updates, not one T character model. Like I said above though, I am a bit more optimistic since they called this a series and said there was more on the way.

I should say below: I don't think the god damned Sky is Falling, I just think, in my opinion, this was very underwhelming for what they were trying to say they were going to reveal.

Yep. The tweets made it seem like we could expect more than just one model (and people will disagree, as proven before, but I quite frankly don't care to argue it over with them anymore) and now quite a large amount of people are disappointed with waiting 3 weeks (after initial announcement) for one model. They could've saved those people that are now facepalming a lot of time and hype by just saying "we're gonna show/reveal one new model". Wouldn't have been too hard.

They've shown us pretty good progress on Orc male, Tauren male, Undead male, dwarf male, Gnome male, Gnome female, dwarf female, undead female, and now human female.

That's about half already.