Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jaedenar, the realm blizzard will kill.

Years ago jaedenar was a quite popular realm but if you go there today you'd never think that as the realm is dead now.

Blizzard came with a solution : connected realms! This "solution" will be our downfall.
    Blizzard wants to connect Jaedenar with Auchindoun.
    Lets take some statistics shall we?

Auchindoun has 77.9% alli and 21.8% horde
    Jaedenar has 88.7% horde and 11% alli

This means that Auchindoun has 58 760 alli and 16 416 horde
    This also means that Jaedenar has 25 093 horde and 3211 alli

If we add it up it''ll be around 41k horde and 62k alli.

The fear has already spread to the official forums as people of jaedenar are scared that our little but loved realm will end.

(Numbers taken from http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html, all numbers are based on lvl 90 characters)
    (Scared people begging not to do this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...878158?page=23 )

How... how is adding more population and balancing the factions a bad thing?

You're going to have to be a lot more specific about what the problem is, here.

it won't be balanced at all

You cannot use realmpop.com as an accurate gauge of player population as it does not delete players that are no longer active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    But it wasn't balanced before.

Your going from a faction balance of 8:1 to a faction balance of 1:1.5. How is that not more balanced?

and its balanced now?

the purpose of connected realms is not perfection. its more players.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    auchindoun has far less active horde than the percentage lets you understand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Your going from a faction balance of 8:1 to a faction balance of 1:1.5. How is that not more balanced?
    I assume he still wants to be the dominate faction
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to a place I call Kel'Thuzad.

World of Isolationcraft?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

You realise that connecting the realms just means you now share capital cities and AHs? Out in the world you are still CRZed just like before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Also, realmpop.com is not terribly accurate. I decided to look into your issue using a slightly more reliable source of numbers to view active population.

If you want a more accurate (but still imperfect) gauge of population numbers, especially if your concern is max level raiding population, you should use WoWProgress's numbers. WoWProgress counts each unique player who has at least one kill in Siege of Orgrimmar, or is a member of a guild with at least one kill in Siege of Orgrimmar.

These numbers are as follows:

((I used the US realms because the OP wasn't specific, so see my post below for the numbers for the EU servers))
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-01-23 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You realise that connecting the realms just means you now share capital cities and AHs? Out in the world you are still CRZed just like before.
    Excluding Pandaria.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    EU Realms Daetur :P
    Oh, my mistake. I'll check my numbers for the EU realms and see what WoW Progress has for those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see your problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Also, realmpop.com is not terribly accurate. I decided to look into your issue using a slightly more reliable source of numbers to view active population.

If you want a more accurate (but still imperfect) gauge of population numbers, especially if your concern is max level raiding population, you should use WoWProgress's numbers. WoWProgress counts each unique player who has at least one kill in Siege of Orgrimmar, or is a member of a guild with at least one kill in Siege of Orgrimmar.

These numbers are as follows:

US-Jaedenar
    272 Horde to 131 Alliance.
    2:1

US- Auchindoun
    245 Horde to 130 Alliance.
    1.8:1

Combined total raiding population:
    517 Horde to 261 Alliance.
    1.9:1

Four Horde raiding guilds will be added to Jaedenar from Auchindoun, and only three Alliance.

Your faction balance ration, according to the numbers of players who are currently raiding SoO, will stay the same.
    He's EU, not US.

I don't get it?

The realm's going to be much more balanced now and much more populated on both sides?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know, maybe it's just me, but connected realms should really have heralded the end of this CRZ nonsense.

I'm legitimately surprised it hasn't.