Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    way back in time AMD's color was green
    Way back in time? You mean, back in 2006? Soo long ago ... /chuckle.
    But yeah, I remember the Green days.

@Raedeon I currently have 2x Xigmatech 120mm Purple LED fans in the top of my R4. Love it, but I want to try a cpl tricks with this red setup.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    Way back in time? You mean, back in 2006? Soo long ago ... /chuckle.
    But yeah, I remember the Green days.
    2006 might as well be 1906 in the computer world

Deleted
    Way back in time? You mean, back in 2006? Soo long ago ...
    In terms of technology? Yes. Going a bit off topic, but some things that happened in 2006 was...

In 2006 GPS functionality was fairly uncommon in mobile phones. Today, almost every phone has a GPS chip and antenna.
    Video on Demand was brand new and pushed to (amongst other devices) the iPod. Today, we have a multitude of streaming and on-demand services.
    Video Logs were more or less introduced in 2006 (2005 was the year of the blog, 2006 the year of the vlog).
    Google more or less entered the phone market in 2006. As did Microsoft.
    Integrated home theater systems became popular in 2006 that connected your CD, DVD, video, TV, sound system and iPod to one box.
    WiFi was already fairly big, but Edge was introduced in 2006 (the technology before 3G).
    Playstation 3 and the Wii was released. The Wii with its ~730MHz "Broadway" CPU (IBM).
    HD-content and HDTVs (also refereed to as "HD-Ready") became popular in 2006.
    Apple starts using intel chips in their computers. This also paved way to BootCamp and running Windows on a Mac.
    A typical memory stick in 2006 had 4GB capacity. Today they have 64GB.

That is, in the tech world, a long time ago. Really long time ago.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2014-01-23 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    In terms of technology? Yes. Going a bit off topic, but some things that happened in 2006 was...

In 2006 GPS functionality was fairly uncommon in mobile phones. Today, almost every phone has a GPS chip and antenna.
    Video on Demand was brand new and pushed to (amongst other devices) the iPod. Today, we have a multitude of streaming and on-demand services.
    Video Logs were more or less introduced in 2006 (2005 was the year of the blog, 2006 the year of the vlog).
    Google more or less entered the phone market in 2006. As did Microsoft.
    Integrated home theater systems became popular in 2006 that connected your CD, DVD, video, TV, sound system and iPod to one box.
    WiFi was already fairly big, but Edge was introduced in 2006 (the technology before 3G).
    Playstation 3 and the Wii was released. The Wii with its ~730MHz "Broadway" CPU (IBM).
    HD-content and HDTVs (also refereed to as "HD-Ready") became popular in 2006.
    Apple starts using intel chips in their computers. This also paved way to BootCamp and running Windows on a Mac.
    A typical memory stick in 2006 had 4GB capacity. Today they have 64GB.

That is, in the tech world, a long time ago. Really long time ago.
    Ahhh, the good ol' TiVo days..

Starting to get sick of being confined to my laptop for gaming. I should do a tour of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Ahhh, the good ol' TiVo days..
    TiVo is just now launching in Sweden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back with new Fans and a some lighting :D

Installed two Bitfenix Alchemy Connect White LED-Strips.

Obligatory angled shot because new fad in Computer Case photography ;)

More interior showing the superiority of red/black vs. buff/wine in my system.

Rear side HDD Cage Wiring/Sleeving - Not necessarily pretty but functional.

Very tidy. I sometimes wanted to try and get my hands on that case, but alas it's quite unavailable here. Admittedly, I'm a real sucker for tall, but small footprint cases.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was a quick upgrade/update from the new guy. :P

Next week he'll be telling us about his GTX 790!

oh... shit, I wasn't supposed to say it was I?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Seagate eats ass. 3 year old drive. -_-. Good thing I managed to save the vital stuff on it before it blew.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Very tidy. I sometimes wanted to try and get my hands on that case, but alas it's quite unavailable here. Admittedly, I'm a real sucker for tall, but small footprint cases.
    As much as I love the Case for being very sleek and simple on the outside I totally hate if for it's limited design on the inside.

With the inside being painted black as well it does also look nice if you take a peek inside but there's pretty much no possibility to install a water cooling system in there which is kind of a bummer - Not unless you do some HEAVY Modding of the case which you can't do unless you take it apart.

For an example there's no place for a decent sized Radiator in the 360/420 range ( I believe you can't even fit a 240/280 radiator in there ) and with the rear Side Panel being this close to the Motherboard Tray you can't even route cables in the back for a neater look - Not even an unsleeved Fan Cable!

The PC-X2000FN, the successor of my TYR PC-X2000B, at least offers better cable management but still no decent water cooling capabilities ( unless you plan to route your cables to the outside - lol )

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Next week he'll be telling us about his GTX 790!
    Nah, probably no Upgrades happening in quite a while.

Deleted
    Seagate eats ass. 3 year old drive. -_-. Good thing I managed to save the vital stuff on it before it blew.
    Here I was thinking your thumbnail would be linking to a source but then it's just a thumbnail linking to the same picture in the exact same size which can then be zoomed in on to see a picture of the same size, speak of redundancy

Here is something backing up "Seagate might not be the best HDD choice"

Quote Originally Posted by Zangu View Post
    As much as I love the Case for being very sleek and simple on the outside I totally hate if for it's limited design on the inside.

With the inside being painted black as well it does also look nice if you take a peek inside but there's pretty much no possibility to install a water cooling system in there which is kind of a bummer - Not unless you do some HEAVY Modding of the case which you can't do unless you take it apart.

For an example there's no place for a decent sized Radiator in the 360/420 range ( I believe you can't even fit a 240/280 radiator in there ) and with the rear Side Panel being this close to the Motherboard Tray you can't even route cables in the back for a neater look - Not even an unsleeved Fan Cable!

The PC-X2000FN, the successor of my TYR PC-X2000B, at least offers better cable management but still no decent water cooling capabilities ( unless you plan to route your cables to the outside - lol )
    So I saw reading reviews. It's interesting to see the changes they made when shipping the upgraded brother, and is available to me via caseking.de... But I don't know if I would bother ordering anything yet. I'm still waiting to see how the RVZ01 is before I do anything else. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Here I was thinking your thumbnail would be linking to a source but then it's just a thumbnail linking to the same picture in the exact same size which can then be zoomed in on to see a picture of the same size, speak of redundancy

I question the legitimacy of that link. 75%~? No HDD manufacturer would stand for that. I'm interested in seeing other charts from more reliable sources. I saw Linus Sebastian link it, but I am still not convinced.

Not to say I am a hater or lover of Seagate, but not to mention, Hitachi is the company after all who had a HDD called the "DeathStar" for a reason...
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I question the legitimacy of that link. 75%~? No HDD manufacturer would stand for that. I'm interested in seeing other charts from more reliable sources. I saw Linus Sebastian link it, but I am still not convinced.

Not to say I am a hater or lover of Seagate, but not to mention, Hitachi is the company after all who had a HDD called the "DeathStar" for a reason...
    Hitachi/Western Digital

No company would stand for that? Do you remember OCZ SSDs?

10+ Year Old Account
    You make a very fair point.
    "A flower.

Hitachi/Western Digital

No company would stand for that? Do you remember OCZ SSDs?
    OCZ didn't stand for it. It wasn't really an OCZ issue, that was a controller problem that had the same effect on many other manufacturers. Corsair and Mushkin come to mind off the top of my head. They also turned around and never used it again. All of their drives have been as reliable as the others since (Agility 3/Vertex 3 and onward). I've had this as my OS drive for quite a while:

Anyway, it's a shame that their name is still tarnished because of the Sandforce debacle. They even went to the length of acquiring and developing their own in-house controllers to avoid such an issue in the future.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

If you would like, I can do a pic in full 1080p glory, for your eyes to savor. Sorry if me sticking to the rules of "Thumbnails" is a bit... overzealous

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation My build

I'm proud of my always changing PC

Case Cooler Master HAF-X
    CPU I5-2500k at 4.3Ghz
    HSF Zalman 9900max red
    Ram 4x4 GB G-skill Sniper 16GB at 1600mhz
    SSD: 60GB Corsair, 256GB Agility 4
    HDD: 2X320GB
    Motherboard: Asrock z68 Fatal1ty Pro Gen3
    Sound Card: Fatal1ty Pro by Creative - Red
    PSU: Corsair AX850 Professional
    GPU: Asus DCUII 670 GTX & Evga 670 GTX FTW SLi
    Accessories: BitFenix LED fan controller w/all BitFenix fans Red LEDs
    Keyboard/Mouse: Roccat Isku w/CoolerMaster Recon on Roccat dual sided mouse pad
    Monitor: 27" Samsung 1080

I went for a full red theme. Only light i need to replace is my ram fan (I know it's a waste but I like it for ascetics). I get to play WoW on Ultra everything turned up and it stays between 40-60FPS in Orgimmar during peak hours. 100+ FPS if standing somewhere quieter

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Anyway, it's a shame that their name is still tarnished because of the Sandforce debacle. They even went to the length of acquiring and developing their own in-house controllers to avoid such an issue in the future.
    I've not really been aversive of them, but I never had reason to pick it anyway. So take this with a pinch of salt: What I heard was that it was the company's complete denial of the problem until well after the fact. That would make any choice of controller moot tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    OCZ didn't stand for it. It wasn't really an OCZ issue, that was a controller problem that had the same effect on many other manufacturers. Corsair and Mushkin come to mind off the top of my head. They also turned around and never used it again. All of their drives have been as reliable as the others since (Agility 3/Vertex 3 and onward). I've had this as my OS drive for quite a while:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/D7MXJKR.png[/img]

Sandforce was the least of their problems, having up to 50% return rate on the Petrol and Octane series was a lot worse.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450