Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some of my addons are for dinky things like gathering (thus making it easier to find concentrations of things), but that wouldn't impact me too much.

Banning DPS meters would be a dream come true, but losing DBM would be a nightmare since I usually play with no sound on (so I wouldn't hear boss related audio cues for abilities).

Now, if they started making more features that made addons moot (like the current questing system vs questhelper/carbonite), then I'd be all for it.

So it would be like Vanilla...?

Lets have another conversation about nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    Welcome to SWTOR =\
    SWTOR's base UI is far superior to WoW's.

Deleted
    Good question. I probably would have to up my standards from casual to hardcore since dbm tells me most of what i need to know, other than coordination i learned from years of raiding. Dbm, recount, auctioneer and atlas loot is the addons i always have, without those my days in wow is gonna be so much more time consuming then it already is I would really not like if they removed it, but then again I keep coming back to the game after periods of non-playing. Would I continue to play again? probably

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    the game would be better
    how? blizzard themselves said they balance boss mechanics around ppl using bossmods. it would be a dumbing down of fights and we would go back to MC style 2 ability boss fights

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    UI related I'm fine since I use the original ui with just sexymap and icehud. However utility related I'd probably be pissed since DBM helps me alot during encounters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd quit. Healing would get significantly more annoying without a good click-cast addon, and I would have difficulty seeing my health bar with my poor vision, as well as many other small visual improvements I've made to the UI to help make the information I need more visible. The stock font on the mail is pretty illegible for example. The stock UI just doesn't have the functionality I need to be able to comfortably play.

Now, if they made a few small changes like being able to scale everything, adding a click-cast function, and made the fonts more readable I'd be able to play addon-free. That's really all I need, all my other addons are wants.

Sig by Isilrien

Hardly use addons so I'd keep on playing. I'm sure my guild would be fine ;p
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Apparently what healers who don't use addons do is use macros instead. You can get mouseover functionality with the standard frames. You just need a ton, and for certain classes that are Paladins, as many as 25-30 keybinds.
    25-30 keybinds isn't a whole lot. I have at least 40-50 of them already.

They always said they embrace the addon community so i doubt they would discontinue support all of the sudden..

But with that said it wouldnt change that much for me, the default ui got alot of good stuff. And having played most of vanilla/tbc without a cluster of addons i thik i could again

I'd like it if they removed the combat log and boss addons.

If they removed all addon support, they'd have to improve their default interface quite a bit first, though (especially unit frames and action bars, imo). It wouldn't impact whether I played WoW or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would never happen. The mass bannings due to bot addons only makes them money due to botters having to buy new accounts. And bot addons would be easy to block I would think.

Still, I would have no problems with it even though I use 50 addons at least, lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I would still play but I like having the customisation we do now.

Deleted
    I'd have no problem with them removing DPS meters and encounter addons, but the default UI is very hard for me to play with, and I have so many quality of life addons that I think the overall impact would be significant enough to greatly impact the enjoyment I get from playing. I think healing would be quite uncomfortable for me with the default UI and keybinds.

I use a lot of addons, but tbh i would still keep on playing if they removed them. I would just have to re-learn how to play with the standard UI

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Not to mention this would greatly widen the skill gap.
    What skill gap? Without addons, the majority of top guilds would be in the same boat as almost everyone else on progression, routed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having to look up at my buffs to find out that I have 5 stacks of maelstrom, then down at my action bars, an all over the damn screen instead of being able to have everything centralized would be a nightmare. If they got rid of everything except say, weakauras? I might be okay with that. I'd just need to find a way to hide everything else that isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'd have no problem with them removing DPS meters and encounter addons, but the default UI is very hard for me to play with, and I have so many quality of life addons that I think the overall impact would be significant enough to greatly impact the enjoyment I get from playing. I think healing would be quite uncomfortable for me with the default UI and keybinds.
    Oh, no. There's no way to remove meters without removing the combat log, and losing the combat log (and consequently all the analysis) would be pretty unpleasant.

When I was subbed I never really used addons much. I used Recount to see how I was performing, used DBM, had a dot timer for my SPriest, and had a "random mount" addon thing, but nothing I couldn't live without. If I decide to come back at some point, removal of addons wouldn't make me not come back, and if I was playing currently, removal of addons wouldn't make me quit.

It would be a huge quality of life drop in game for a start. With addons like Postal for example. Pretty sure everyone would get used to the interface after a small period of adjustment, but there would be a lot of complaints about addons such as Reforgelite, Postal etc. Basically, i assume a large outcry. Suffice to say this will never happen .