Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Per Web MD:

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

- A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
    - A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.
    - Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
    - Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
    - Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    ^ This basically.

You wanna mutilate your dick/candy-apple or get new breasts/butt/nose?

Do it on your dime and time when you're old enough to comprehend the emotional, monetary, physical and psychological costs of such procedures whilst weighing them against the (supposed) benefits.

If you force such things onto minors/babies, then you deserve to go to jail and have the child(ren) taken off your hands and placed into the hands of those who want children for purposes other than poking sharp objects into their private parts.
    I have yet to meet a single guy that hated that he was circumcised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Per Web MD:

- Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
    - Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
    - Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
    I thought that was all debunked. I'm uncircumcised and never have had a single UTF

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Might want to fix the title, as it is it sounds just about as stupid as "skin-grafts being banned in X country". There are medical applications to circumcision, which they aren't banning.
    Titles can only be so long, and I said right in the OP that it was for non-therapeutic reasons.

Deleted
    Hell, it's about time.
    As long as it isn't necessariy because of a medical condition, circumcisions should never be allowed without explicit consent of the victim. The whole "QQ anti-Semitism"-card is utter BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    "In the Israeli media, readers have repeatedly been told that the widely-held European stance against ritual circumcision is rooted partly in anti-Semitism"

I think it's more rooted in "Hey, perhaps cutting part of a baby's penis off isn't cool" common sense.

Wish that thought occurred to my mom, but hey, I'm preventing the odds of my (nonexistent) wife's contracting cervical cancer by some tiny amount, maybe, so it's all good, right.
    Common sense escaped our fathers and mothers. It doesn't have to escape us.

It's quite surprising though how many people were stupid enough to stop listening to whats actually being said if a man in a white coat (or a black one for that matter) is saying it. "We wanna chop off part of your baby's dick" generally should evoke some sort of attention, panic or interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Of course Israel would play the anti-Semitism card.
    They really should keep their nose out of Europe's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Which is what it is.

No matter what any imaginary character in any fiction book says.

I don't think rape becomes "accidental sex" if Harry Potter claims it so in the next bestseller.

So it shouldn't matter what God, Allah or the Cookie Monster call it when you take a knife to your baby's undeveloped privates just because your imaginary friend told you to or because you "feel like it".

If this bit of common sense escapes you, you have no business raising kids.
    QFT. If it's not for medical reasons it should be banned. Illusions shouldn't be a valid reason to harm a child under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I was, for medical reasons, and I hated it. It felt abnormal, and made me very insecure for a long time. I'm way over that now, but it had a major impact on me either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oniax View Post
    QFT. If it's not for medical reasons it should be banned. Illusions shouldn't be a valid reason to harm a child under any circumstances.
    By that logic plastic surgery should also be partially banned.

I thought that was all debunked. I'm uncircumcised and never have had a single UTF
    It was shown that the decreased risk was incredibly negligible. Like a 1% reduction in risk and that's only in nations where everyone seems to be in a race with each other to see who can spread HIV to the most people... like South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Per Web MD:

Oh boi look its this again

Let me make it clear for you

WASH YOUR DICK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I was, for medical reasons, and I hated it. It felt abnormal, and made me very insecure for a long time. I'm way over that now, but it had a major impact on me either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Plastic surgery isn't performed on children.

Informed Consent is the major difference between plastic surgery and circumcision.

I've yet to meet a single woman who said she hated having a boob job. Should we allow those for minors? Does this also mean we should invest in research that allows surgery on baby girls to help them develop bigger breasts when they reach adulthood.

I've yet to meet a single man/woman who was dissatisfied after getting a sex change. Should we start performing those on babies/minors too?

I've yet to meet a single man/woman who was dissatisfied after donating a kidney. Should we start harvesting kidneys from babies/minors?

I've yet to meet a single man/woman who was dissatisfied with the tattoo of a dark cryptic looking tree on their chest. Should we start putting cryptic tattoos on our children?

Need I go on..?
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.

Thank goodness, Denmark!
    The Netherlands have been trying to ban it for ages, now, but 'religious' groups keep blocking it. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post

WASH YOUR DICK
    I'm not defending circumcision but this argument doesn't help the cause. Half the world doesn't even live in conditions with regular access to sanitation facilities. Cleaning yourself is easy for us in the first-world.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post

WASH YOUR DICK
    Words of wisdom right there ^

"I don't want to wash my hands, I think I'll just chop them off."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Thank goodness, Denmark!
    The Netherlands have been trying to ban it for ages, now, but 'religious' groups keep blocking it. -_-
    The moment you start listening to those lunatics when it comes to ritual mutilation is the moment in which you have lost. :|

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Didn't Germany ban it?
    Germany tried to forbid religious circumcision unless the person has reached the age of 14 and could decide it for himself. This law was accepted by the vast majority of the german people, but was discarded as politically impossible for Germany after Israel intervened.

It is for babies and minors, unless its for the purpose of repair after burning/mutilation. Didn't you know that?

Deleted

I'm uncircumcised
    Cut it off, let it go a few years, then experience a loss of feeling when having sex.

Kinda hard to hate it if you were cut at birth, but if you've experienced the sweet nirvana of having an intact penis, you'll cry yourself to sleep if you get cut and notice that your feeling goes down a bit.

It's "kinda" like having a condom. You don't get as sensitive to the motion of going back and forth, but you still have full feeling of the pressure.