Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    So the men of Denmark will now be sporting turtlenecks.....wow.
    Here is news for you, european boys dont get cut in general, neither does asian boys (unless for religious reasons), almost no boys in Japan, China etc get circumcised, like 1%.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Proof please
    Of what?

That circumcision has no sure medical benefits? Or that circumcision accidents have led to death via castration and/or infection for new born baby boys?

For the first I think the burden of proof is on you. Prove to me that chopping off part of my penis as a baby would avail me medical benefits. I want legit research that proves beyond reasonable doubt that chopping off part of any child's penis will help them. Get on it now.

And for the second....I can't quite imagine anyone being so dim as to require proof of that. You really want me to explain to you how botched circumcision works out?
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Per Web MD:

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

- A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
    - A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.
    - Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
    - Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
    - Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
    1. Mostly irrelevant.

2. Based off questionable studies (all done by the same guy) in Africa. No one except the USA and WHO buys them.

3. HPV vaccinations do a better job of that.

4. Irrelevant.

5. How about we treat it if it happens rather than blanketing it on everyone? Furthermore, there's less invasive treatments than circumcision available nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    So the men of Denmark will now be sporting turtlenecks.....wow.
    Wow, Danes not following a quack doctor from the 19th century who introduced it to prevent men from masturbating.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please tell me how there is a negative to circumcision? I have seen plenty about the negatives of not having your kid circumcised, but still have yet to see any evidence that there is any negative to having them circumcised. And don't give me this "genital mutilation" bullshit, because it is nonsense, and has nothing to do with actual health.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who in their right mind cares? Let them rage as much as they want.
    I care. It would be tough to compute that your thousands of years old ritual sacrifice to your deity is now an illegal act, and seen by most of your country as harming your child. I mean, a lot of Jews have come around, but not enough that Israel isn't flying around Europe to lobby against heavy majorities. But being a dick about it doesn't help. I don't see why it's so hard though. I'm not a Judaism scholar, but I know they abandoned a whole lot of stuff when they had to go into exile, heavily reworked the religion. Stoning your wife for adultery at the city gates doesn't fly anywhere in the modern world, and I don't see Israel complaining about that. So, figure out how to accept that letting him decide whether or not to do it at eighteen is reasonable.

It also comes down to parental choice and at what line that begins and ends.
    Somewhere on the side of not unnecessarily and irrevocably modifying your children's bodies. In an ideal world.

Darsithis: I hate that I am circumcised. I don't have a bad circumcision or anything, but I have no moving skin. I can poke things with it just fine, but I know it's not really fully functional, and that my consciousness will never get to experience how it's supposed to feel when it's all there. Que sera sera...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Better cut off those earlobes as well, and make sure to get your appendage removed just to be safe as well.
    Get the left testicle while he's at it. So Chromius the mystical god of Camel poo can be appeased. You need only one ball anyway.
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.

Good for Denmark, and Danish babies.

Let's see how long this thread goes before another American mod comes along and closes it. That's how they tend to end up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Intresting topic,

Just about every girl I've met has said that she thinks un-circumcised penises are gross, or will flat out refuse to have sex with a guy with a uncut penis.

Enough motivation for me, glad I had it done as a baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Per Web MD:

- Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
    - Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
    - Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
    Which, if you press the "sources" button, you can see is based on finding by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

And now I quote directly from the text linked in OP's post:

The head of the Israeli circumcision delegation, Reuven Rivlin (Likud Beytenu), has repeatedly referred to a series of highly questionable benefits from circumcision. His source of information is a 2012 policy paper on the topic by the American Academy of Pediatrics. However, Rivlin has unfailingly forgotten to inform readers that this policy paper has been seriously criticized for cultural bias by pediatric societies, general medical associations and 38 medical professors, doctors and researchers from 17 countries across Europe and Canada. Unlike their US colleagues, European doctors do not accept the postulated health benefits of circumcision as being well-documented, including the claimed reduction in risks of urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS and penile cancer. And, importantly, even if the claims were valid, they would still not constitute a compelling argument for circumcising boys before an age at which they can make the decision themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yeah. Mutilating your children because of some stupid BS is a LOT of fun.
    i hope you detected my sarcastic tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I have seen plenty about the negatives of not having your kid circumcised
    Oh...really?

List them. I want links to recent relevant research that proves beyond reasonable doubt that chopping off part of my kid's dick will be good for him. Get on it right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Germany tried to forbid religious circumcision unless the person has reached the age of 14 and could decide it for himself. This law was accepted by the vast majority of the german people, but was discarded as politically impossible for Germany after Israel intervened.
    That's seriously messed up. Germany should do what Germans want, not take orders from Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Can someone please tell me how there is a negative to circumcision? I have seen plenty about the negatives of not having your kid circumcised, but still have yet to see any evidence that there is any negative to having them circumcised. And don't give me this "genital mutilation" bullshit, because it is nonsense, and has nothing to do with actual health.
    Neither does cutting off a kid's earlobes. There's no benefit to it either.

If there were a medically necessary circumcision, it would be done. If there were no reason to do it, it wouldn't be done.

It's as simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    i hope you detected my sarcastic tone.
    Yes, which is why I joined in which equal sarcasm. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have yet to meet a single guy that hated that he was circumcised.
    I have yet to meet a single guy that wasn't glad that his parents didn't snip his foreskin off.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I thought that was all debunked. I'm uncircumcised and never have had a single UTF
    Yes, thoroughly.
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Hah....

Oh my.

Yes my simple friend. They did. Death via castration. So your boogie man in the sky can be appeased.

What a great way to welcome new life into this world, death via castration to appease the gods. Do you know about google?
    Im not sure which part of this idiocy to slap you down on first....

1) Im not Jewish...or Islamic..or even Christian..not even overly religious. But unlike you apparently, im not a narrowminded jackass that cant respect other peoples beliefs

2) I know exactly what google is..apparently you don't...try:

http://www.circinfo.com/benefits/bmc.html
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Circumc...dvantages.aspx
    http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditio...e/circumcision
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision
    Try educating yourself before you post and look like a retard
    3) Death via castration? Because they totally die right? Its so refreshing to see the EU has finally solved all its major problems and can now take the time to leisurely nitpick through peoples lives....oh..thats right...they havent

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-24 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Just about every giel I've met has said that she thinks un-circumcised penises are gross, or will flat out refuse to have sex with a guy with a uncut penis.
    American thing. Outside of the USA, circumcised men are decidedly in the minority. Less than a third of men in Canada are circumcised. Even in the USA, it's dropping below 50%.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Per Web MD:

Looks awfully lot like something from the AAP and I don't really trust those people to remain unbiased...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yes, which is why I joined in which equal sarcasm. :P
    good, good. just checking.

internets you know.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Intresting topic,

Just about every girl I've met has said that she thinks un-circumcised penises are gross, or will flat out refuse to have sex with a guy with a uncut penis.

Enough motivation for me, glad I had it done as a baby.
    Girls used to uncircumcised penises, on the other hand, don't care for its appearance. It's a matter of what your woman's wont to. This will change soon enough, though. Luckily the damn thing seems to be dying out.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2014-01-24 at 03:30 PM.