Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, now zoom out until both faces are 20x20 pixels, and put a helm on each. So much difference...

They are different, yes. The point is, that's something you'll look at once, say "cool", then forget. As I said, they are doing these models mostly for new players who are largely put off by WoW graphics since other games are much more stunning, graphics-wise - especially when it comes to models. The new models are there so that less new players exit right on the character creation stage (have you seen character creation in other games? yeah...). During the actual gameplay, you won't see too many differences.
    Like someone else said before me, people like to project their own views/opinions onto the majority, thinking that everyone feels like they do. I look at my character a lot, checking out my gear, or perhaps things I could improve on the look, or just looking at my char because it's part of my immersion into the game world. Transmogs have been so popular because people like to have their char look good. A better looking model is an extention of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    I don't give a rats ass about PvP, do I give Blizzard flak for including new Battlegrounds, Arena's or PvP sets? Or for changing PvE to accomodate PvP balance? No, because I'm not a spoiled 12 year old that thinks the world revolves around me, try to realize that many people play WoW for completely different reasons than you and that this is a change that many people have been asking for for many years, instead try being happy that you will get improved animations and the fact that Blizzard is giving a large portion of the playerbase what they want.
    This right here ends the thread. Creator of this thread is seeing things only through their own eyes, failing to see that others exist in the game with much different reasons for playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, now zoom out until both faces are 20x20 pixels, and put a helm on each. So much difference...

They are different, yes. The point is, that's something you'll look at once, say "cool", then forget. As I said, they are doing these models mostly for new players who are largely put off by WoW graphics since other games are much more stunning, graphics-wise - especially when it comes to models. The new models are there so that less new players exit right on the character creation stage (have you seen character creation in other games? yeah...). During the actual gameplay, you won't see too many differences.
    And what about those of us who use ENG goggles, or no helm at all? I know you believe your opinion to be the only one, and right one at that, but there are 6M other people in the game who might not have your exact same point of view. So before telling someone else how wrong they are, imagine them telling you how wrong you are for the way YOU play the game. #enlightenment

cant believe there are people that dont care about having new character models. its really blowing my mind right now. even zoomed out max your characters animations will be better and the character itself will feel updated. its not just about what the eyes and cheeks look like....
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

10+ Year Old Account

Roleplayers are also well-served by this upgrade. Not everyone wears concealing armor or keeps helmets on or zooms the camera out. Outside raiding, I keep my camera zoomed in and play the game like a third-person RPG a la Dragon Age: Origins or Mass Effect, so the new models will have an extremely visible impact on my game experience.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    OK, maybe what I said came out too strong. Sorry for that. I take this: "that's something you'll look at once, say "cool", then forget" back, I accept there are people who will take a lot more enjoyment out of the new models than looking once. I stand by my other point though, that they are doing these models mostly so that less new players exit right on the character creation stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post
    It's actually Socrates, but assuming you're from the US, of course Lincoln and Washington invented everything from fire to toasters.
    I'd imagine that it's often misattributed to Lincoln because he popularized the quote over here--most people on the street probably don't know Socrates from a sock in the drawer.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, maybe what I said came out too strong. Sorry for that. I take this: "that's something you'll look at once, say "cool", then forget" back, I accept there are people who will take a lot more enjoyment out of the new models than looking once. I stand by my other point though, that they are doing these models mostly so that less new players exit right on the character creation stage.
    I'd imagine it's a bit of both--to draw in people who leave because the Vanilla Eight and the Draenei/Blood Elves are low-poly ugliness right now, and to throw the players who focus on character aesthetics (not all of whom are necessarily roleplayers) a bone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'd imagine that it's often misattributed to Lincoln because he popularized the quote over here--most people on the street probably don't know Socrates from a sock in the drawer.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine it's a bit of both--to draw in people who leave because the Vanilla Eight and the Draenei/Blood Elves are low-poly ugliness right now, and to throw the players who focus on character aesthetics (not all of whom are necessarily roleplayers) a bone.
    So Callei, regarding feedback from female gamers, I looked at the figures in the link you shared.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/04/09/ni...25-54-females/

This article distorts the figures. So firstly, 1.8 million people played WoW in North America at the time of this article whereas only 400 000 females did. Secondly, female gamers outnumber male gamers in PC games but they mostly play games like Farmville.

This is actually relevant to this topic. In terms of numbers, male feedback is more important than female feedback.

I can't wait to see the Night Elf female models. I wonder if Blizzard will keep the large breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    1. The old models, being 10 years old, look fucking terrible (especially at the character select screen when you are deciding between panda/worgen/goblin and everything else).

2. Even with gear on, you can still see the lack of definition and polygons through the shape of the model. Most armor is just a skin (except shoulders/helms) and doesn't actually change the shape of the models.

I'm a roleplayer, so it's going to be great for me.

Whether or not you agree it's a good thing, Blizzard obviously thinks it is; and it's happening.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

You obviously need glasses.
    this. lol funny ppl...cata world rewamp was a super thing..leveling and storyline + its continuing the story is just perfect...was to much fun...much better then tryling like me leveling a hunter 3 times to lvl 12 coz i couldent get any further coz or i had no errows to fight mobs or always dying coz out of mana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    So Callei, regarding feedback from female gamers, I looked at the figures in the link you shared.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/04/09/ni...25-54-females/

This article distorts the figures. So firstly, 1.8 million people played WoW in North America at the time of this article whereas only 400 000 females did. Secondly, female gamers outnumber male gamers in PC games but they mostly play games like Farmville.
    "And even more interesting, females 25 years or older make up the largest block of PC game players overall, and they account for 54.6% of all gameplay minutes in December of last year. Girls don't just play WoW -- they're quickly becoming one of it's main demographics."

Thanks for playing.

And I like how you keep going back to Farmville, but refuse to provide any proof while I offered a source for my argument.

This is actually relevant to this topic. In terms of numbers, male feedback is more important than female feedback.
    Your sexism is showing.

I can't wait to see the Night Elf female models. I wonder if Blizzard will keep the large breasts.
    Night elf females aren't buxom. Far from it--they've got some of the smallest breast sizes in proportion to the model in the game, with maybe female gnomes and female trolls beating them out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not "hyped" for new models but I do welcome them and also feel they are overdue
    What I dont get is why people are accepting this as "new content" worthy of an expansion. In my mind, cosmetic changes are not on the list of primary things to look for in an expansion.
    I want more dungeons other in game things to actively do/aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    To keep my sub all they have to do is make decent raids, but I guess people like staring at their characters in Org while they pretend to be afk.
    To keep my sub (or get me back in the future when I unsub), is to do a fuck ton more than just make decent raids ... but there is little focus outside raids, so I won't hold my breath (can't update the world - raids; can't do more dungeons - raids; etc).

Deleted
    i don't personally give a shit about the new animations or models, after a week it will not be noticeable anyway, but still im not gonna sit here and wonder why people care, if people are excited for it all, then good for them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Night elf females aren't buxom. Far from it--they've got some of the smallest breast sizes in proportion to the model in the game, with maybe female gnomes and female trolls beating them out.
    Actually Tyrande Whisperwind in Cata and beyond was very well proportioned, and I suspect why Blizz had that small jumping up and down idle animation for the Nefl females.

Deleted
    Blizzard's most dedicated players are raiders, and funnily enough, roleplayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Actually Tyrande Whisperwind in Cata and beyond was very well proportioned, and I suspect why Blizz had that small jumping up and down idle animation for the Nefl females.
    We're talking the player model here, so odds are we shouldn't expect anything too major--even the female human and female dwarf haven't deviated too much. Female dwarves got a little less top-heavy and the female humans have a tighter figure, but I'd imagine that's the result of fewer hard edges and fewer big polygons.

It's a game that is based on characterprogression.
    Doesn't matter if you're a raider, pvper or roleplayer or even if you just like to explore the world.

We all progress our character,and while most new features and patchnotes devide us because a lot of us don't care about the other parts of the game, this is one of those rare things that benefit all of us. They might not benefit everyone equally, but I don't care if you're a pvper showing of your elite gear and glad mount or if you're a noobie trying to figure out how to put a lure on a fishing rod, these models will benfefit you.

Even if you don't like it one bit and think it's a waste, it WILL benefit you.
    Even if you're zoomed out entirely covering your screen in mods you will STILL benefit from it, just not as much as the roleplayer playing in a more zoomed in view.

Also, to deny the roleplayers that one bone that gets thrown at the poor lads once every 2 years or so is being a poor sport.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2014-01-24 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I'm a roleplayer, so it's going to be great for me.

Whether or not you agree it's a good thing, Blizzard obviously thinks it is; and it's happening.
    Likewise, I think it's gonna be a great addition. Can't wait!