Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    BC didn't have any dungeons added at all. I'm guessing we'll see no less than five, perhaps even eight additional dungeons added over the lifespan of WoD. I could see them trying to pump out at least one per patch, or maybe two every other patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    BC didn't have any dungeons added at all. I'm guessing we'll see no less than five, perhaps even eight additional dungeons added over the lifespan of WoD. I could see them trying to pump out at least one per patch, or maybe two every other patch.
    Magister's Terrace says hello.

Blizzard has been trying to get players out into the world, thus they aren't focused on making 15+ dungeons anymore. Instead they are trying to give players stuff to do that doesn't require afking in the capital city for 10 minutes waiting for a queue.
    Instead we're going to AFK at our Garrisons!

I agree with your first point though. The only Heroic boss that I honestly really remember from TBC was Murmur. *shudder*
    Well, that and Magister's Terrace.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    Firstly,
    TBC's 15 dungeons did NOT have bosses with unique abilities. Go back and run those dungeons for yourself and you'll see have some of them don't have abilities worth knowing at all...7 dungeons that allow the player to more engage in is FAR more exciting than just spamming 1 2 3 4 for half an hour while tunneling recount.

Blizzard has been trying to get players out into the world, thus they aren't focused on making 15+ dungeons anymore. Instead they are trying to give players stuff to do that doesn't require afking in the capital city for 10 minutes waiting for a queue.
    TBC dungeons consisted of spamming buttons and tunnelvisioning? For only half an hour? What the hell, what world were you living in?? Full epic gear from BT or something? . And if you are talking about Mop dungeon being engaging.. uh yeah you know that part where you throw bombs? So much fun and so much engagement love it.. not really. Most of the tbc bosses were more engaging since they were harder, they may not have had the most complex of mechanics but at least you could die if you did some mistakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Which, to be fair, was the easiest dungeon in Cataclysm - by a lot.
    Still 10 times harder than MoP dungeons. I think we can find a good spot to compromise, and that feels about right.

Oh my god this is literally the exact same thread for the 1000th time.

Daily BC is amazing whine thread? 6 pages worth of the same old repeated arguments? Kirby?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair thats wrong. TBC added 1 new dungeon in the sunwell patch. Magisters Terrace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theratzil View Post
    TBC dungeons consisted of spamming buttons and tunnelvisioning? For only half an hour? What the hell, what world were you living in?? Full epic gear from BT or something? . And if you are talking about Mop dungeon being engaging.. uh yeah you know that part where you throw bombs? So much fun and so much engagement love it.. not really. Most of the tbc bosses were more engaging since they were harder, they may not have had the most complex of mechanics but at least you could die if you did some mistakes
    Thats true, but had the MoP dungeons been tuned harder, they would have been much more engaging and overall better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    What people tend to forget about TBC dungeons is that half of them were entirely re-used artwork from other dungeons and even raids as well. Yet people still herald it as a counter to "rehashed content". Even MoP's "rehashed" Scholomance had more new art than all those TBC dungeons combined.

• Mechanar, Botanica, Arcatraz, The Eye - all reused Tempest Keep artwork.
    • Slave Pens, Steam Vault, Underbog, Serpentshrine Cavern - all Coilfang artwork.
    • Mana Tombs, Sethekk Halls, Auchenai Crypts, Shadow Labs - all Auchindoun.
    • Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Shattered Halls, Magtheridon's Lair - all Hellfire Citadel art.

Blizzard only managed to get so many dungeons in by re-using the assets they already had available, otherwise they would not have had the time to make so many. If they tried doing this nowadays people would rage endlessly.

Every dungeon in WoD will be 100% unique artwork. If you want more then expect to delay the expansion by several more months.
    I highly doubt they will all be unique.

Anyway, I personally would have loved for there to be some stuff like a couple dungeons on Isle of Thunder, like going into the Forgotten Depths to an area behind Mag or something like that. Multiple dungeons having a theme is not a real problem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Still 10 times harder than MoP dungeons. I think we can find a good spot to compromise, and that feels about right.
    I'd prefer Grim Batol difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecz View Post
    Oh my god this is literally the exact same thread for the 1000th time.
    Have you met Jaylock?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Theratzil View Post
    I think that their designs with less numbers more mechanics as of late could be well applied to dungeons. Some Brawlers Guild bosses would be quite interesting if the group had to play the game while the tank controlled the boss and the healer healed the tank, but couldnt heal through avoidable damage to dps

At Annarion - Wow...you REALLY like blood elves!

Blizzard did a fantastic job with BC's dungeons and heroic modes; they were really memorable and in themselves the casual raiding experience in TBC. Now we have LFR / Flex / Mythic (in WOD). LFR has really taken place of that casual raiding experience and so dungeons are really just there for gearing up for the first tier of the expansion, why would they put more time into something that doesn't really add value anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

How about Magister's Terrace?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    I think your math needs help. 15 dungeons which are STILL there.. now they ADD 7 more, *NOW* we have 22 Dungeons.. HELLO?!?! You think they are going to pull dungeons out of their proverbial buttocks or what? It takes time to do things right, this isn't going to get done over night.

The game ISN'T even in BETA yet calm down. There isn't enough information released yet. Whine when the game is ACTUALLY released not while it's still in development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I highly doubt they will all be unique.

Anyway, I personally would have loved for there to be some stuff like a couple dungeons on Isle of Thunder, like going into the Forgotten Depths to an area behind Mag or something like that. Multiple dungeons having a theme is not a real problem

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prefer Grim Batol difficulty.
    Thats why i said we have to compromise -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Remember how 5man heroics were all you could strive for if you weren't in a raiding guild? Remember how you had to do those 15 same dungeons, for the entire expansion, over, and over, and over again. You know how you can do LFR and see new raid content and progress your gear each patch like raiders get to. Yeah that's why we don't need 15 dungeons. Honestly dungeons aren't that fun. You say you don't like running the same raid over and over with 12 bosses, but you'll happily cycle through 3-4 boss dungeons once per day? You're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    You're seriously comparing one raid that is run once a week (2-4 if you count wings separately, but then they are basically just dumbed down heroics), virtually without communication, with 15 dungeons I could run once per day that required a degree of socialization and co-ordination to complete? While I only was subbed to MoP for a couple of months (as opposed to BC where I was subbed the whole time) I played about the same amount: about 4 hours a couple nights a week, and all day on weekends/holidays around 4 days a month. (Not counting short logons here and there for not enough time to run instances.)

In BC it was find a group (not as hard as the people I suspect are anti-social whiners make it out to be), go run the regular or heroic (depending on progression) 5 man for a couple hours, log off. Even if I ran 5-6 dungeons a week, which basically meant doing little else, that meant I was maybe running the same content twice a month. It never got stale.

Compare that to your suggestion of 'progression' LFR. Log on, queue up and wait (which, even as heals, takes at least as long as finding a group used to) run a stupidly easy raid wing that takes roughly as long as a BC heroic, only with bitching and insults instead of co-ordination, and then I'm done for the week. Yeah, I can do the other half of the raid in another 4 hours, but then what? In a typical week, I've still got a good 12 hours where I want to play, but I've done both wings of the current LFR. If I'm at the right point in the patch cycle AND I still need gear, maybe I can run 4 wings in one or more LFRs, which is a bit better at filling up the available time. But now I get to do the exact same thing every week. Boooring.

Plus, there were plenty of reasons to run heroics besides gear - rep, schematics, quests, attunements, helping out a buddy. No one needs help in LFR (except maybe help staying awake), and there's no extra reason to be in there. (I'm not counting the legendary questline, where to the best of my knowledge, the raid component consisted simply of waiting to see if your quest item dropped from that boss.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thats why i said we have to compromise -.-
    Grim Batol is a compromise

Personally, Deadmines felt best to me, but I'm willing to go down to Grim Batol

To OP,

They are re-working how stats work on gear where One set of gear works for all of your spec's ergo you do not need a ton of instances to acquire gear from.

Clue in.

TBC had the best 5-man model by far, making them very challenging and yet very rewarding. Back then these blue items were the ones that prepared you for Karazhan, Karazhan prepared you for Gruul, a mix of both prepared you for Maggie, when you got a little further you got to do SSC + TK, and after farmed these Hyjal + BC. But I think I'm going offtopic here, just saying TBC dungeons were amazing.

I don't really mind that they reused their artwork, I pretty much came for the challenge and loot anyway. MoP 5-mans may look pretty but are completely awfull, the blue items don't feel rewarding at all and you steamroll trough the place so badly.

So what I'm saying is, I prefer MORE 5-mans with reused artwork rather than a lot less 5-mans that may look prettier. And ofcourse more challenging

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I saw this thread back when WoD was announced... Anyone else remember a thread like that earlier? Anyway... Stop with the whining, it looks like devs are making scenarios the new "dungeons" at a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I swear I saw this thread back when WoD was announced... Anyone else remember a thread like that earlier? Anyway... Stop with the whining, it looks like devs are making scenarios the new "dungeons" at a smaller scale.
    And the people who disagree with that SHOULDNT voice their discontent? Scenarios are god awful