Dream of cenarius, why dont more moonkins take this for pvp?

Going with a stat priority of crit>mastery>haste you can get 80% eclipses on both sides. My druid has CRAP gear and im topping BG damage charts already:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edclown/simple

478 ilvl and im already critting over 100k starsurges.

Yes you give up being able to be a healer every 6 min for 45 secs but you get at least some of that survivability back from 20% to healing touch, and the damage you gain from the 6% passive int on HOTW is far outweighed by 25% to your eclipses.

I armoried all the top balance druids and not a single one of them takes cenarius, its not hard to get off healing touches and the buff lasts 30 secs before you need to get into a new eclipse. I cant imagine the damage i will be doing in full grievous, it will be pretty crazy, i may even try a mastery>crit>haste stat reforge if im getting enough starsurge procs to use properly.

Probably because getting off casts is difficult in PvP, let alone waste the time you have to do so on non-damaging spells.

Also specing in DoC would make Mastery weaker not a priority.

What kind of PvP are you talking about?

the kind of pvp where warriors don't exist and most forms of cc allow you to finish your casts before losing control of your character

In RBGs your going to be losing the utility of being a healer and in arenas you're going to be losing your level 90 talent, seeing as trying to get a cast off is near impossible.

Seems no one agrees, thats fine you can do what you want, but personally i find it quite easy to get off HT's between eclipses.

And why in the world would this make mastery less attractive? You go mastery to get as high of eclipses as you can in pvp.

I remember now why i dont post pvp threads in here lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true at all glurp, in fact i bet over the course of an entire RBG you will do more healing as dream of cenarius because you will be looking for people to cast HT on to buff your eclipses, and your instant cast HT's will be that much stronger as well. I can understand HOTW being better in 2's but i think in RBG's or 3's dream of cenarius is much better, and for random BG's dream of cenarius is MUCH better. There are just sooo many ways to CC someone or LOS them behind a pillar to get a healing touch off, and the best part is the buff lasts 30 secs before you need to get into your next eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Seems no one agrees, thats fine you can do what you want, but personally i find it quite easy to get off HT's between eclipses.

And why in the world would this make mastery less attractive? You go mastery to get as high of eclipses as you can in pvp.

I remember now why i dont post pvp threads in here lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true at all glurp, in fact i bet over the course of an entire RBG you will do more healing as dream of cenarius because you will be looking for people to cast HT on to buff your eclipses, and your instant cast HT's will be that much stronger as well. I can understand HOTW being better in 2's but i think in RBG's or 3's dream of cenarius is much better, and for random BG's dream of cenarius is MUCH better. There are just sooo many ways to CC someone or LOS them behind a pillar to get a healing touch off, and the best part is the buff lasts 30 secs before you need to get into your next eclipse.
    I can understand if you wanna dis info because PvE is not PvP or whatever, but damage is damage and it's a fact that Mastery loses value with DoC and it has been proven in these forums many times. After all it's only logical you want Crit and Haste(breakpoints) to proc SS which is the main point of wanting a huge Eclipse bonus (also the haste to cast faster HTs).

Just curious. Where would you normally post?

get past 1500 and see how many healing touches you get off

but what if he uses the T16 resto 2p?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I can understand if you wanna dis info because PvE is not PvP or whatever, but damage is damage and it's a fact that Mastery loses value with DoC and it has been proven in these forums many times. After all it's only logical you want Crit and Haste(breakpoints) to proc SS which is the main point of wanting a huge Eclipse bonus (also the haste to cast faster HTs).

Just curious. Where would you normally post?
    Mastery doesn't directly lose its value, it's more in terms of DoC losing its value the higher mastery you have (aka mastery is less attractive)

To explain it to Fascinate I'll use theoretical values ( + I can't remember the real ones + cba checking cuz on phone)
    So let's say that baseline mastery increases eclipse to 100% (0 rating, just the base mastery)
    Now DoC increases the value by 25 percentage points, so with zero mastery rating eclipse damage would be at 125%.
    Let's say that you gain enough mastery rating to get 10 percentage points more. Your eclipse would now be at 110% and with DoC at 135%.

Now with 0 mastery rating DoC gives 25% increase to our mastery (1,25/1) while with mastery rating going up to 10% the increase to eclipse is increased only by ~ 22,7% (1,35/1,1).

In short, DoC is a great damage increaser at low levels of mastery, but since they DoC doesn't gain anything from mastery, it's "bad" at higher levels of mastery.

All that together with how clumsy the talent is all together ( and how pathetically low the healing increase is) it's only really good for challenge modes and proving grounds where you stay in one eclipse and spam dots/hurricane/mushroom and don't need the utility of other talents

That teaches me to post on these forums, im not asking a question im telling you people how good dream of cenarius is in pvp. On top of that 90% of you are replying in regards to pve and i even put pvp in the title.

And we've said, lets see how well that goes when you compete against "good" players in the 1800+ brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukasin View Post
    And we've said, lets see how well that goes when you compete against "good" players in the 1800+ brackets.
    1800 isnt very high, heck my alt hunter is 1770 and ive never used skype and its just randoms from trade chat. Im not worried about getting HT's off at all, got plenty of CC's like treant roots, roar/clones, symbiosis CC's etc to get them off. Maybe once i get full gear ill post my stream in here, im really enjoying this talent over HOTW tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is little point to this thread if you only mean to tell everyone they're wrong and not have any discussion.