Page 48 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azotha is basically humans that were the primative versions of what humans are today in Azeroth. Fel Humans is the speculated thing that happens in WoD Draenor since the Legion didn't corrupt the Orcs. I dunno if you're stoned but I believe you're confused.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

i was thanks for the clearing that up, either way Azotha look cool, now back on topic.

15+ Year Old Account

I kept the differences from being too distinct, but they could obviously pushed further. Bigger difference would be in their default postures, which would create a distinct silhouette (think of the difference between the Lich King and a normal human, even though they use the same bones and base model).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Obviously this is my own thinking, and I don't imagine these differences to be huge, but I see Lordaeron humans looking a bit more Nordic (taller, fairer), while the Gilnean humans would look a bit more British... I was thinking the "bulldog" breed, being a bit more stout, maybe a bit shorter, hairier, with more stereotypically british features, or on the flip side, a bit more aristocratic.

As for the Bloodfang Worgen versus Greymane Worgen, I essentially imagine the Bloodfang to be more like older depictions of worgen. Kind of mangy, rabid... Maybe with torn clothing (ala the Forsaken), and unable to shapeshift between human and worgen forms.

I could maybe whip up a big of concept art in a little while.
    Gilneans are described as a little "gruffer" (maybe a bit stockier, then) but there's no real differences mentioned between them and Stormwind humans, beyond this. In regards to Lordaeron, its climate appears to be temperate, anyway, and I don't really expect any significant differences between them and the SW humans, either. Maybe just a greater tendency towards blondness. So a bit like the typical central European.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    At first I thought he confirmed NPC skins for players, but I read it wrong.

Still, "We’re pretty excited about some of the ideas you've given us for new customization and skin options you’d like to see" gives me lingering hope.
    Coupled with Ghostcrawler's talk on these NPCs coming to players as only a matter of "how" and Robinsons tweets and comments in the past, I think that was more than a hint. I don't think they'd bother unless they were going to be used for players too. And I think he's just pandering to say we gave them any ideas. Who is he trying to kid? He knows the lore of this game if you've ever heard him shoot down a requested sub race that didn't make sense, he obviously knows EXACTLY what is needed and what works and what is wanted and what makes the most sense. It's sweet of him to try to make us feel a part of the process, and in some ways I think seeing our overwhelming passion has made them take it more seriously, but I seriously doubt they needed to take notes based on our wishes for anything.

Many of those devs at Blizz were once players and still are players. But bless them for the gesture.

But I just thank fucking god this project evolved from how it started. Originally this was just going to be better polys and better textures, nothing more. But luckily they decided to go all out and the Pandaren inspired them to actually give that treatment to the entire gamut of player races. There was a time when Blues had to warn us again and again not to expect anything more than a WOTLK level of model update.

And I was once ok with that. The mere fact they chan(at this point I was clubbed over the head and woke up with my pants around my ankles, unable to remember how I got there)
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-25 at 11:01 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Gilneans are described as a little "gruffer" (maybe a bit stockier, then) but there's no real differences mentioned between them and Stormwind humans, beyond this. In regards to Lordaeron, its climate appears to be temperate, anyway, and I don't really expect any significant differences between them and the SW humans, either. Maybe just a greater tendency towards blondness. So a bit like the typical central European.
    As you can see in my concept art, I'm not necessarily talking about a huge dichotomy in appearances, just a bit of distinct regional variation, as we've got with real humans. People from completely different parts of the world should probably look at least a little bit different. Arthas looking an awful lot like Vladimir Kulich, I figured Lordaeron inhabitants could tend toward that type of look.

The alternative, of course, would be something like half-elves or the azotha (which likely no longer exist, if they're even canon).
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2014-01-25 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they'll bother to update the fel-orcs considering we won't see much of them outside of Hellfire. Unless, there are variations of Fel-orcs in WoD, it's pretty unlikely. Same goes for female Lepers, they don't exist in game so we might not see them added. What I'm hoping for the most, out of this thread and all the responses here are to pick up some buzz surrounding the topic of sub-races in hopes that it'll get some attention from Blizzard. I've seen my mockups get posted to blogs in a half dozen different languages, threads on the official forums linking back to this thread, Blizz tweets, Video Game Vloggers talking about it, it's been really cool actually. The more buzz we can get on the topic of playable sub-races, the more likely we can get them actually implemented in game. If I recall a few years ago the official forums used to have a suggestions forum that actually got Blue responses from time to time, and I'm hoping this thread accomplishes the same sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

We’re looking at these model revamps as a sort of “spiritual update” to the art content that currently exists in-game—except we’re completely redoing them from scratch. That includes the base model, skin tone variations, customization options (e.g. wrinkles, scars, moles, earrings, etc.), hairstyles, and any skin variations for NPCs you see out in the world, like Iron Dwarves or Leper Gnomes. We’re pretty excited about some of the ideas you've given us for new customization and skin options you’d like to see, but our first goal—which is already a monumental endeavor—is to make sure that the visual content that currently exists is brought up to or surpasses the level of quality you see in current boss models, the Pandaren, and central NPCs like the new Vol’jin model.

Guys I think that's me.
    Yes, it is awesome the way this thread got so many people to actually pay attention what we've been asking for so much. And I think it's led to Blizzard deciding it's actually more valuable than they thought it would be to the community beyond the roleplaying minority and lore fans. They would have loved to have done it them self I think but they need to avoid being self indulgent in their own desires balanced with ours on whole. I'm glad your thread sent some tremors in the community, Shoc, I think it's helped push some projects from the "wishlist" to the "lets really try and to this if we possibly can fit it in" list.

And now for something completely different:

Fuck, imagine a Fel Orc like this instead of those pea brained looking apes in Outland.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    As you can see in my concept art, I'm not necessarily talking about a huge dichotomy in appearances, just a bit of distinct regional variation, as we've got with real humans. People from completely different parts of the world should probably look at least a little bit different. Arthas looking an awful lot like Vladimir Kulich, I figured Lordaeron inhabitants could tend toward that type of look.

The alternative, of course, would be something like half-elves or the azotha (which likely no longer exist, if they're even canon).
    I agree with that, and I'd prefer it to half-elves. Some regional variation within humans would work well. My point was, rather, that it'd probably have in its scope things like animations, hairstyles, hair and eye colour etc. I could see Gilneans being a bit bulkier (and perhaps hairier) than most humans, however! Their lore implies as much, like this from WoW-wiki:

Like their leader, Gilnean people are often burly and gruff.
    WoW's portrayal of them, with heavy Victorian vibes, does seem to point to the more aristocratic theme, though. I assume the above just means they tend to be on the stockier side of the current human weight range.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-01-25 at 11:23 AM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Azotha
    This is amazing.

Nice work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those Half-Elves and Azotha look fapable, 10/10! would "play" ;p

Half-Elf
    i feel like your half elf would look better with slightly glowy eyes/pupils.

the azotha looks awesome though. hope we get tattoos close to launch
    Last edited by Immitis; 2014-01-25 at 09:24 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have to say the new human female model is really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Well I have to say the new human female model is really pretty.
    It'll be nice to see it animated. I was kind of hoping for a more comprehensive preview, such as the gnome female one. Still, it's comforting to know they didn't screw it up. I know... maybe it's time to stop being worried, but I was here for the lizard eyes fiasco and it's hard to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    but I was here for the lizard eyes fiasco and it's hard to forget.
    Can't say I'm familiar with this. Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Can't say I'm familiar with this. Care to elaborate?
    just a halfassed update from years ago that completely bombed. It was rolled back, it may not have even made it live... it's been years so my memory is a bit hazy.

I still think the change left my poor dwarf cross eyed... but that's probably just me.

Extinction and questionable Canonity never stopped Blizzard! *cough entire WoD concept cough*
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    just a halfassed update from years ago that completely bombed. It was rolled back, it may not have even made it live... it's been years so my memory is a bit hazy.

I still think the change left my poor dwarf cross eyed... but that's probably just me.
    Well, it's not like I was planning to sleep tonight anyway.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    human female was probably the last race updated i wanted to see. i wanted to see male ne and male human really bad.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Holy mother of god shoc, that Azotha looks fantastic! I'd love to see a male version (when they finally show us where they're at with the male models)

At least Blizzard is acknowledging that they've seen how popular this idea is and how much people want it

.....so they'll probably add some Skin-Packs to the In-Game Store
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!