Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Best race for pve?

Hey guys.

Currently have an undead warrior at lvl 81, thinking about transferring to a PvE realm (Kazzak is the best for EU-horde, right? Do tell about the best ally server, too) and maybe race changing.

What`s the best race DPS wise and is the difference big with warriors, and also what`s the best EU realm for horde/ally for PvE? (as far as I know, undead racials aren`t very good dps wise)

While I dont play EU so I cannot comment on that, I can help with the second part of your question. Orcs are currently best for DPS, their racial is just godly. Although with the coming of WoD they are re-doing most racials here. So wither it's worth it to you to switch now, or wait is entirely up to you.

Those Racials are a POSSIBLE leak, by no means that is what they are switching to.

It has been said that there will be a complete revamp in racials in WoD so there is no point calculating now. But atm horde caster is definately Troll, and I guess orc for warrior (?) not sure.

You should definitely wait with the race change or just pick the one you like the looks of most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead racial is quite handy in some encounters for mobility/freedom, but if you are looking to "min/max" then it'll either be orc or troll.

Personally I don't bother with min maxing and play the race/class combo I enjoy. My undead warrior is fury and I do decent dps with the gear I have at the moment so racials arn't a factor.

EU server: Stormrage is very good for horde at the moment http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/941522/

For PvE, and looking only at raw damage output the best races are as follows:

Orc(With Axes)>Worgen>Orc(Withou Axes)>Draenei>Rest
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are also the most manly class.

Deleted
    You do know that fury outperforms arms by a LONG SHOT at your item level? (and 30 iLvLs before atleast)

The difference is 50k+ in dps, 100k in some encounters.

Being the #1 arms is not that hard when no high-level raiders play arms :P.

Orc for now, who knows what or if they are changing their racial to though. so id just wait to see what they are and save your money for then. cant help ya much on EU realms cuz murica.

Hannival, on pure single target Arms is about at most 10% weaker than Fury, and on any sort of cleave or substained AoE Arms crushes Fury. Also I like playing Arms, and therefor I play arms, it's not more complex than that.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    While I dont play EU so I cannot comment on that, I can help with the second part of your question. Orcs are currently best for DPS, their racial is just godly. Although with the coming of WoD they are re-doing most racials here. So wither it's worth it to you to switch now, or wait is entirely up to you.

Those Racials are a POSSIBLE leak, by no means that is what they are switching to.
    Don't spread obvious false leaks. There are no sources to back that information up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hannival View Post
    Hey guys.

Currently have an undead warrior at lvl 81, thinking about transferring to a PvE realm (Kazzak is the best for EU-horde, right? Do tell about the best ally server, too) and maybe race changing.
    Kazzak or Twisting Nether. I think Twisting Nether has more PvE guilds than Kazzak, but I'm not 100% sure. Both servers are awesome nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    on any sort of cleave or substained AoE Arms crushes Fury.
    Sure, but having high dps on Sha because of cleave doesn't mean it's better dps than fury. Fury might do slightly less damage, but it's more valuable damage since more of it is to the boss itself. If you do less damage on the adds, that means the other classes will do more damage instead. Group dps in total is higher if you go fury, but your personal one goes down a bit.

Any serious raider will always put group progression in front of his own recount glory.

Arms is only better on Galakras and spoils really. Not even Galakras if p2 is the hard part for your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Don't spread obvious false leaks. There are no sources to back that information up.
    They said the same thing about WoD, and yet . . .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    They said the same thing about WoD, and yet . . .
    The trademark thing? That wasn't an obvious leak. I was sceptic first, until it showed that it went through more stages than the Dark Below hoax.

This "print" though? Get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannival View Post
    You do know that fury outperforms arms by a LONG SHOT at your item level? (and 30 iLvLs before atleast)

The difference is 50k+ in dps, 100k in some encounters.

Being the #1 arms is not that hard when no high-level raiders play arms :P.
    I'd rank sarri as one of the best warriors in the world. If he says arms performs decently at his gear levels and in his raid setting, I'm going to believe him. I'd advise doing the same and not arguing with him, because he's not wrong.

Deleted
    You must have a kind guild then if they let you play a shitty spec while progressing (yes, fury IS that much better with that gear).

And no, you won`t outdamage fury on the aoe-heavy encounters either. Do please show logs of the top warriors playing arms, EVER, in 25man hc progression?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah well whatever you "believe", then. Fact is that he will fall behind on DPS and that he is not a very good warrior (raid-wise) if he doesn`t minmax when his guild wants to progress.

Fact is that arms is so goddamn easy compared to fury (the rotation) and really hard to fuck up, if he`s so good then he`ll easily do 10% more dps as fury (and that is ALOT, if you are serious about endgame raiding at all).

Sure, but having high dps on Sha because of cleave doesn't mean it's better dps than fury. Fury might do slightly less damage, but it's more valuable damage since more of it is to the boss itself. If you do less damage on the adds, that means the other classes will do more damage instead. Group dps in total is higher if you go fury, but your personal one goes down a bit.
    IMO, fury is actually better on sha. Adds are usually all dead after bladestorm is over, and bladestorm is up every add wave. no need for sustained cleave from arms as fury handles it perfectly.
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play.../Fury_Warrior/
    I actually hold the number 2 spot because I can pad really well. :>
    Then again, the guy above me has a bugged fight because 50 seconds is bs for their ability usage. so I'm just going to pretend I hold the number 1 spot.

and orcs for horde, worgen for alliance = best race currently.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2014-01-25 at 06:48 PM.

Hannival, you may want to actually look me up before you try to teach me how to play. I finished progress about 2 moths ago as World #8 and I can assure you that I was Fury back then for a majority of the fights. These days I play Arms just because I enjoy the spec and I want to prove to people that Arms can perform at the same high level as Fury on a vast majority of the fights this tier.

Now to show some logs. First off, compare the top ranked Fury players numbers to the top ranked Arms numbers. (You'll notice how I'm in the top on both of them)
    Fury Arms

To take a few fights where Arms is equal or better than Fury, number wise.
    Protectors: Fury Arms
    Galakras: Fury Arms
    Shamans: Fury Arms
    Nazgrim: Fury Arms (You'll see that Arms is as high as the Fury ones, beside the one that pulled and AoE'd the trash)
    Spoils: Fury Arms
    Thok: Fury Arms

On the fights which I didn't link Fury is ahead of Arms, but you can see that Arms is equal or better than Fury on half of the fights this tier, and that is with only a small handful of good top-end warriors playing Arms. If more of the best warriors where to play Arms for a while you would see that the gap between them would shrink to just a margin of what they are at this moment.

And to link a warrior who plays in a good guild who is full time Arms I'll link Kill Loot Repeat who has a good warrior (Neeko) who has been Arms for the entirety of progression. (Please if I'm wrong correct me, don't know him personally)
    My Stream

Deleted
    I don't notice too much of a difference between me and Fury warriors, I am currently 570 item level playing Arms and I hold my own, sure Arms isn't as good as fury but it isn't as bad as you say, if a warrior who is playing Fury is 100k above my DPS, I put that down to him being a better player rather then just the spec he is playing.

Maybe you didn't see the bold in my post? I never once said that they were the new racials, I was using it was an example that they may change. Glad your reading comprehension is on par with your bashing though

The trademark thing? That wasn't an obvious leak. I was sceptic first, until it showed that it went through more stages than the Dark Below hoax.

This "print" though? Get real.
    i was just pointing out that stranger things have happened, i really hope they arent legit but we have no real info yet. point is i wouldnt waste money on a race change from undead considering its a minimal gain to go orc.