Deleted

Question Keeping up Beast Cleave

Hello,

I was wondering how many targets need to be in beast cleave range in order to keep beast cleave up?Since it has been buffed so much every patch, it's extremely powerfull now (outdpsing ele shamans on large packs whaddup playaaa) , someone in my guild asked me if i was keeping up beast cleave when the Dark Shamans were next to eachother , i told him i wasnt, but i did get me thinking : should i?

Thank you

Long time reader , first time poster.

McBlemmen

Yes, you should be keeping up Beast Cleave as much as possible on 2 targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't take much to keep it up.

only 1 multi every 4 sec will do it. enough time to weave in KC's in between.

Just make sure not to drain yourself of focus doing so. To make sure you have focus pooled for the green blobs ( Barrage takes care of most of this )

Quick dirty napkin math -

My last protectors as BM had:
    52K avg beast cleave hits.
    163K avg arcane shot hits.

BC costs 40 focus for 4 seconds of uptime, in which my pet (with 5 stack frenzy and 10% attack speed) will hit roughly 4 times (1.03, but rounding it down to account for rabid). This means that on a secondary target, you will get 3-4 beast cleave hits - on shamans they sometimes go out of range etc, so let's just say 3 beast cleave hits to be on the safe side.
    This means that on 2 targets, it'll give me 156K dmg more for 40 focus, and arcane shot is 163K dmg for 30 focus. Then you have to add the multishot damage (which for me on protectors was an avg of 36K, so 72K on 2 targets) - resulting in 228K damage for 40 focus, or 5704 damage per focus, vs arcane shots 5433.

This above is assuming you never hit the "sweet spot" where 4 beast cleaves happens (which it deffo will for the 20 seconds where the pet is under Rabid - for me, that lowers its swingtimer to .61 swings per second, or a pretty stable 6 swings per BC).

It also does assume that your multishot hits all targets (in this case, the 2 shamans), and they are always in range for the cleave, though, but yes - keeping BC up on 2x targets is actually worth it.

Deleted
    Thank you!

Well, what you technically answered is, "Is it worth using Multi-shot over Arcane Shot at 2+ targets". Not, "Is it worth keeping BC up at 2+ targets".

It's a bit focus intensive to keep rolling KCs every 6 seconds and Multis every 4 and throw in T90 on top of it. The point where you begin delaying KC in favor of BC is likely a couple targets later.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the question for you guys now is there is a way to make a aura that shows when your pet as the beast cleave buff?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    so the question for you guys now is there is a way to make a aura that shows when your pet as the beast cleave buff?
    Code:
    didQbaGlrYRHqZfkMnq3wQ2PI2lA3kz)IWpHk)LsgNiAWcQHdP6GsPogHohKYcLOLkiwSuYYb8qbEQQhlQEUqtvstMitNQlcLomfxM01jQnkkwMi1MvOTdvnmfSni4Zs47qKtd6zIsJMsnEbPtsGBbjUge15jOPjf)wP(gK0uKvEiVGzfBizAhGfJGaCZJX0cccDHw2YlxbSIWCe1oFKpDQHuz578s8sSYhkUXXO6mdkiKnTiQIiGA6KOHCtYKdCeLMg(89guAJ0IL8cXnogvNtr0sLfzEaTaUxvHOR8W89IFj3RaWIcfiYPipuIVunrpr4aq1Gx5rck52C2mW7aWIcfGvE5f05rxD(LPRrw5uKVunrpr4aq1GxPZNlh9D3YgkP8oSRs05TvyHTZzZap42iXkVCuTwMUYsEGnOYkFxg0HSsNo)Y0v(BaCBLxoQw57ElJZs605nSYxQMONiCaOAWR8cMvSHKPDawmccWnpgtlii0fAzlVCfWkcZru705XZPyJ4aDs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    my weak aura string is

dKZncaGEQQ0UOQQxdvnxrXSLYnvqDBf5We2jK2lA3s1(Hk(PQ4VkQFtsltIgkuPgSQKHdrhubzysQJjQoNiYcHWsvL AXIOwojEiP6PGhtkpxPjsvPMkvMSeMoLlQQ6QIqptKCDfAJkW3ebBws2Ui1PvzAuLpdLVtvjJKQcNKOmAIQXdvYLOQ OBjkDnvLZteBJinoQQ4YcZC6iCeKH6(Fpyi9)mY0FqHmIKV2zsMLp2TqzEpn8XeHLqP)1(NIWeHccf0rOsTBW53GO5 FekUfztibmHg(LGprsaxpvvByCqwPj4LsQN0sPPQ)Ql9kzvwVpckb2P2Dsqgeon1oH1eA4xCREDJaIhN7zycsEQQ2W 4GSj8v)Lus(jVuA5xzDQswL1ZJGOO4StTlAZMYHHfklD0iCfeqeI1W5LElePdcRj0WV6QDtC9POBeEs0bY89pbt5WW cf6i0ftXshrZjGieRHZl9wish0im2pJaYWOrWxxHjNOE1eQu7gbD1wlWoHfe6JtoLddluwIMtqECyYnI6vtOPkkOJW 4gZAnXUebbf1wqhHPXMD0rJgHXnMxKHgrqyrgA0ryVowliAoncAnXU0ryVowli4JerD)VPrJgbbDeqeI1W5LElePdc YqD)VhmK(Fgz6pOqgrYx7mjZYh7wOmVNg(yIgH0en3lVMgja

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Quick dirty napkin math -

My last protectors as BM had:
    52K avg beast cleave hits.
    163K avg arcane shot hits.

BC costs 40 focus for 4 seconds of uptime, in which my pet (with 5 stack frenzy and 10% attack speed) will hit roughly 4 times (1.03, but rounding it down to account for rabid). This means that on a secondary target, you will get 3-4 beast cleave hits - on shamans they sometimes go out of range etc, so let's just say 3 beast cleave hits to be on the safe side.
    This means that on 2 targets, it'll give me 156K dmg more for 40 focus, and arcane shot is 163K dmg for 30 focus. Then you have to add the multishot damage (which for me on protectors was an avg of 36K, so 72K on 2 targets) - resulting in 228K damage for 40 focus, or 5704 damage per focus, vs arcane shots 5433.

This above is assuming you never hit the "sweet spot" where 4 beast cleaves happens (which it deffo will for the 20 seconds where the pet is under Rabid - for me, that lowers its swingtimer to .61 swings per second, or a pretty stable 6 swings per BC).

It also does assume that your multishot hits all targets (in this case, the 2 shamans), and they are always in range for the cleave, though, but yes - keeping BC up on 2x targets is actually worth it.
    It should be even more benefitial to keep Beast Cleave with a little good manage of your pet's focus and get as much WH buffed Basic Attacks cleaved as you can. And if you handle to get 2 buffed Basic Attacks cleaved per multishot the damage just skyrockets

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Well, what you technically answered is, "Is it worth using Multi-shot over Arcane Shot at 2+ targets". Not, "Is it worth keeping BC up at 2+ targets".

It's a bit focus intensive to keep rolling KCs every 6 seconds and Multis every 4 and throw in T90 on top of it. The point where you begin delaying KC in favor of BC is likely a couple targets later.
    Actually, using a little logic you'll realise that keeping up BC is what I answered. You have 4 globals in the time it takes for one beast cleave to fade, and my calculations above used the fact that the pet got 3-4 extra hits on a secondary targets with BC as part of the argument for why it's correct.
    Realising that, I'm sure you can see how silly it is to suggest that 2x targets is when you completly DROP arcane shot and start using multishot instead - that's a clear DPS loss. You use it to keep BC up, nothing more, nothing less.
    As for "focus intensive", it's not. 25% of your time is spent under BW, and assuming you have decent gear, you have about 7 focus regen per second (not to mention the ~3-4 per second average you get from your pets auto attacks). Also, you'd probably go for ToTH in a scenario where you want to MS every 4 seconds. So, spreading rapid fire and BW out, you should have absolutely no issues to use 40 focus every 4 seconds on MS, and 40 focus every 6 seconds on KC. Lvl 90's? Eh. GT is extremely low in focus usage (15 vs AS's 30), and Barrage has such a long cast time that the passive regen "sort of" makes up for the extra focus it costs.
    Suffice to say, I never had any issues on Fallen protectors when weaving in KC with keeping up beast cleave, and using barrage on CD.

While beast cleaving does KC gets affected by it too? beast cleave says pet's melee attack does 75% of their normal damage. so not sure if it does for KC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    While beast cleaving does KC gets affected by it too? beast cleave says pet's melee attack does 75% of their normal damage. so not sure if it does for KC as well.
    BC does not get affected by KC. Affected by their basic attack and their melee swings.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    It should be even more benefitial to keep Beast Cleave with a little good manage of your pet's focus and get as much WH buffed Basic Attacks cleaved as you can. And if you handle to get 2 buffed Basic Attacks cleaved per multishot the damage just skyrockets
    Uhm. No? How do you figure that?
    In a vaccuum of 1 multishot / beast cleave, sure, having 2x WH buffed basic attacks is a major burst boost. But "managing" the focus like that means that your next 4 seconds of BC won't have any basic attacks.
    That being said, you DO know how WH works, right? Deals 100% more dmg costs 100% more energy - it's basicly doing 2 attacks at once. Getting 1 attack every 4 seconds or 2 attacks in one every 8 seconds, the end result will be the same. Trying to "micromanage" your pets focus for WH is just painfully tedious and stupid for next to no gain (and in some cases, loss due to overcapping).