Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here are my Stat Wt's:

Long story short I have valued 1% total healing from the trinket to be worth 400 intellect +/- based on your item level. If you are getting a good % total healing with the trinket then it can be a good pick. But the % healing the trinket procs do vary greatly.

More written here.

Deleted
    So I'm currently at 525 ilvl slowly gearing up, no legendary meta or cloak yet. Is it worth stacking spirit (blue) gems in all gem slots and ignoring bonuses? Currently sitting at 14366 spirit atm. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mipal/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    So I'm currently at 525 ilvl slowly gearing up, no legendary meta or cloak yet. Is it worth stacking spirit (blue) gems in all gem slots and ignoring bonuses? Currently sitting at 14366 spirit atm. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mipal/advanced
    Yes, then if you find yourself capping out on mana and it doesn't look like you can do more healing, then you can tone down your spirit to a comfortable level. Although if normal modes are your goal I'd recommend aiming for 18k (full spirit gems and decent ilvl) before you try to drop any. And remember if you're comparing yourself to other healers, to take into account their legendary cloak, but don't get complacent and think you're doing fine mana wise just by slacking off, you should be able to get within 5% of another healer when cloak is taken out of the picture, if you can't do this then you need to try harder (or look into further reasons). If you'd like more info I'd suggest you post in the fix my heals thread though.

Deleted
    I am guessing this has already been stated somewhat scattered in this forum, but im 570 itlvl 6/14hc running with resto druid + disco , what is more efficient in general SoO bosses - or are there specific fights its better on? to have the 7.2k whatever it is haste breakpoint with EF then rest mastery, or avoiding haste and going for stacking mastery which is what I currently do? thanks guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faezer View Post
    I am guessing this has already been stated somewhat scattered in this forum, but im 570 itlvl 6/14hc running with resto druid + disco , what is more efficient in general SoO bosses - or are there specific fights its better on? to have the 7.2k whatever it is haste breakpoint with EF then rest mastery, or avoiding haste and going for stacking mastery which is what I currently do? thanks guys.
    Disclaimer - I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as Armerad and some of the other posters in this thread. If I manage to say something that is wildly incorrect, I hope someone will rectify my mistake. At any rate, take what I say with a grain of salt.

I would assume you're 3-healing, if your guild tends to prefer that when it is at all possible, Immerseus, Protectors, maybe Galakras, and Iron Juggernaut. In any case where you are 2-healing, such as, I would assume, Norushen and Sha of Pride, I would personally tailor my setup to which class I was 2-healing with. A 1st-breakpoint, high-mastery build will synergize well with the druid, and the 2nd-breakpoint, int-heavy build should synergize well with the disc priest.

For fights that you 3-heal, analyze the damage pattern. If your raiders are dying to sudden bursts of damage before you can heal them, the mastery build will work well to prevent this. If they are dying to attrition, so to speak, the 2nd-breakpoint int build would be of more use.

@ Faezer.

For all fights that are 3 healed, stack mastery regardless of any damage patterns that might or might not be there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    @ Faezer.

For all fights that are 3 healed, stack mastery regardless of any damage patterns that might or might not be there.
    Come to think of it, I completely agree. So long as you're 3-healing, raw throughput should never, ever be the issue, so stacking mastery in these situations should indeed always be preferable.

started playing my pally again, how do you guys feel about using the beacon glyph in a macro with flash of light to get holy power during LMG procs (this is fairly popular with monks and surging, and I don't see much else to do on my pally unless I need to be using HR), you can get 4 free holy power this way if you need to (3flashes+1holyshock as the last one ends)

this has probably already been discussed, but I just want you guys's takes on it or if there's any other pally tricks for the LMG I'll be getting soon

also if you have class specific advice for CMs for holy pally, that'd help too (already 9/9 as resto drood, disc, and mw)
    Last edited by ryklin; 2014-01-13 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    started playing my pally again, how do you guys feel about using the beacon glyph in a macro with flash of light to get holy power during LMG procs (this is fairly popular with monks and surging, and I don't see much else to do on my pally unless I need to be using HR), you can get 4 free holy power this way if you need to (3flashes+1holyshock as the last one ends)

this has probably already been discussed, but I just want you guys's takes on it or if there's any other pally tricks for the LMG I'll be getting soon

also if you have class specific advice for CMs for holy pally, that'd help too (already 9/9 as resto drood, disc, and mw)
    You can do it, but once you use it on a few bosses you'll see how clunky it is compared to just having a reasonable beacon bind that you press at the same time as Flash, specially considering you're going to have to move Beacon back almost straight after the buff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Faezer View Post
    The only fight I can see int gemming + 2nd breakpoint being good(@570) would be Malkorok, if 3 healing mastery always pulls ahead, and if 2 healing with 570 I'd say it also almost always does.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    The only fight I can see int gemming + 2nd breakpoint being good(@570) would be Malkorok, if 3 healing mastery always pulls ahead, and if 2 healing with 570 I'd say it also almost always does.
    I would say past 570 (assuming your raid is 570+ or 560+ if it's a disc priest) you should be 100% mastery gemming. However as you gear past 570 you can also begin thinking about the 7170 haste bp for EF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I re-read the first post and it says

There are now two viable stat priorities to follow:

Int > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    With that keep in mind that Intellect is not twice as strong as secondary stats, so Intellect stacking your gem slots is not worth it. This stat priority will also be much harder on your mana, so if you are stacking Spirit and still can't sustain through a fight with Haste you can switch to Mastery for more efficiency.

Int > Spirit > Haste (to 3106 rating) > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    This priority will be much more efficient on your mana with some loss in HPS. I'd recommend sticking to this through progression as it is more sustainable, but Haste is stronger as far as sheer HPS goes. Again, Int is not twice as strong as your secondary stats.

I am undecided though. My mana regen is more than fine so I was wondering if I should go full haste as in 10 man it feels like I am healing pure damage as there is only 2 healers instead of people being topped off all the time, I tend to be top healer on most 10 man fights with my Raid Group and I just feel like more Eternal Flame ticks would be better as opposed to shields in 10 man where as in 25 man I can see shields being more beneficial as people usually get topped pretty fast.

So yeah should I go full haste?

EDIT: I am also about to get my Legendary Cloak if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2014-01-22 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    So yeah should I go full haste?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ctair/advanced

Going purely off your armory I'd suggest you round your Haste down to 7170 and make the choice of Mastery or Intellect gemming. You might come into mana issues doing this without replacing the 2nd trinket, since even the 2/2 Raid finder version of DSoD (Blackfuse trinket) is worth almost 2000 mp5 (1.75k Spirit) at that haste level.

To answer your question though, no, you shouldn't go full Haste, anything above 7170 just gives you more mana problems than its worth vs Mastery or Intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ctair/advanced

Going purely off your armory I'd suggest you round your Haste down to 7170 and make the choice of Mastery or Intellect gemming. You might come into mana issues doing this without replacing the 2nd trinket, since even the 2/2 Raid finder version of DSoD (Blackfuse trinket) is worth almost 2000 mp5 (1.75k Spirit) at that haste level.

To answer your question though, no, you shouldn't go full Haste, anything above 7170 just gives you more mana problems than its worth vs Mastery or Intellect.
    Okay. I'll Go back down to the 7170 Haste Cap.

Okay. I'll Go back down to the 7170 Haste Cap.
    You say your mana regen is more than fine, yet you are running 20k spirit. Why not go 2nd breakpoint and cut a bit back on the spirit? Your manabar is there to be(partially) depleted, and seeing that you mainly do normals(and hopefully the occasial hc in the near future, GL!) 20k spirit seems a bit too much there, especially if you say your mana is more than fine. You can then opt for a bit more mastery for instance, while still keeping a decent amount of haste.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    Ok so I re-read the first post and it says
    What it doesnt say is that you should never gem spirit in normal SoO gear or better. If you get rid of all those spirit gems you will still have a fine amount of spirit. Getting any amount of haste is stupid and should be avoided, only go for the haste breakpoints if you are really close to them with all haste reforged into spirit or mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could use some advice on my hpala. Mainly gearing her for FLEX. I read few different topics and then there is discussion about mastery or haste but I haven't found anything conclusive for lower gear levels.

Should I go haste or mastery now, or get more spirit?
    Should I use the spirit/haste gems in my leg sockets or leave those as they are?

I just feel that I need waaaay better regen -_-. Maybe I just suck at healing, but meh...

Here's my pala: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stomp/advanced
    Also is the 4-set worth it? Should I just stick to 2 set and get as many high ilvl items for the rest of the slots?

Mastery is king over haste, significantly. Especially at your gear level I don't recommend going for any haste at all, just Mastery > Haste > Crit priority strictly. With more mastery and less haste you'll find your regen a bit better too. Haste doesn't give you any HPM at all (you heal faster but burn mana faster), mastery does.

4 set > 2 set.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the amount of spirit I have? Should I get more by getting pure spirit gems, instead of int/spirit? Or shall I just keep the gemming the way it is atmo and reforge all of that haste which I have into mastery?

At what gear level should one start looking into going more haste? SoO normal+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    What about the amount of spirit I have? Should I get more by getting pure spirit gems, instead of int/spirit? Or shall I just keep the gemming the way it is atmo and reforge all of that haste which I have into mastery?

At what gear level should one start looking into going more haste? SoO normal+ ?
    When you start going into normals, you could look at the 3.5k break point, but I wouldn't go much higher till you've got a fair way into normals and have a solid base of regen, its surprising how much of a difference the little bit of haste makes to your mana usage.

As far as your current Spirit, its up to you really, personally I'd just stay as you are since its cheaper and less reliant on you practising perfect cooldown usage and lets you be a bit more care-free about your healing. Until you get the legendary meta and better trinkets though, you will find that your mana is quite limiting, horridon's or dysmorphic samophlange will help this a lot, along with prismatic prism of pride helping to make haste breakpoints a lot less taxing on your item budget to achieve (and giving you a little bit extra spirit).