Page 95 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop bickering and derailing the thread now

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    The hockey game was yesterday? Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu. Who won?
    Ducks. I was there and it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    So I shouldn't be allowed to defend my own opinion?
    It's not about defending opinion, it's about stopping a pissing contest that brings nothing good to this thread.
    If you want to keep arguing with him, just pm him.

If the original discussion about "threat vs AM" could have been interesting, what has been posted the last few days wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Ducks. I was there and it was awesome.
    I know you're trying to light things up (not sure about this idiom, I hope I got it right ), but counter-derailing a derailing thread is not the way we proceed (well, at least not on a MMO-C class forum).
    So, please, if you want to make this thread go in the right way again, try to propose a relevant conversation.

Deleted
    So eddy, when you gonna do a scumbagging guide for SoO ? :P
    Did you ever do p2 for tot btw ? Think i missed it

We're consistently clearing SoO every week at this point and working on some heroics (2/14 yay).

Our druid tank has been solo tanking Immerseus for quite awhile but what other fights are reasonably soloable? I'm a shit fury DPS but I figure practice makes perfect so I might as well try if we have the chance. I've heard Norushen can be done but we're doing that on heroic every week now. I'd expect Thok is the only other?

On 25man, the following bosses are able to be solo tanked. (That I know of, may be others as well)

Immerseus
    Protectors
    Norushen
    Sha
    Juggernaut
    Thok
    Garrosh

With that said, I wouldn't recommend doing it on any of them but Protectors and maybe Thok if you have issues with dps.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Ah forgot IJ, makes sense. Also we're 10 man.

We're still kinda on the edge with Garry so we probably won't solo him. How do you handle the Pride on Sha?

Deleted
    Tips for HC blackfuse? I dont start tanking the boss I take the second add and I usually lack DPS to kill it even with saw or fire.

Sha of Pride is something you shouldn't solo tank until you are at the stage where all you care about is ranking high on the logs. What you do is that you let a dps taunt the boss just as he's about to put the debuff on you, then you taunt back. It doesn't have any benefit to just two tanking it, and it adds the risk of the dps dying from a melee swing, but it's a good way for the tank to pad to get good ranks.

- - - Updated - - -

On Sigecrafter Warriors are in general the best at killing the Shreder, but it can take some practise to get used to, I do really recommend that you read this thread and read all the tips that has been given there.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1442024-Siegecrafter-25-Man-Heroic-Prot-War-Guide

But to give a few general tips to make it easier to kill your Shreder. Take Dragon Roar and either Storm Bolt or Bloodbath. Make sure that you have Shield Block up each time you use Shield Slam. Save your Dragon Roar for when the Shreder has done his leap, as he takes 100% extra damage for 3globals. Make sure that in those three globals you do as much damage as you humanly can, what I personally do is I Leap in, shield slam > Dragon Roar > If I have a Hold the Line proc Revenge, if you have Resonating Power Thunderclap, if it's under 20% Execute. Make sure that you also use Heroic Strike during that timeperiod if you need even more damage. If you chose to go with Storm Bolt make sure you use it just before the Shreder lands and while you are at max range, that way it won't land before the damage buff is applied to the target, and you basically squeezed in a forth global into the damage window. If you go with Bloodbath make sure that you use it in such a fashion that you'll get the full benefit of it, meaning you should use it almost as soon as you start whacking in the Shreder.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Tips for HC blackfuse? I dont start tanking the boss I take the second add and I usually lack DPS to kill it even with saw or fire.
    If your dont start tanking the boss and you are killing the second add then your raid is doing it very wrong.

Warrior pulls boss
    Stack 1 (1)
    Stack 2 (2)
    Stack 3 (3)

Tank 2 taunts the boss and Warrior kills first add
    Stack 4 (1)
    Stack 5 (2)

Warrior Taunts boss
    Stack 6 (4)
    Stack 7 (5) (The stack happens after the second add spawns so you need to tank both for like 3 seconds)

Tanks 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills second add
    Stack 8 (3)
    Stack 9 (4)

Warrior Taunts boss
    Stack 10 (6)

Tank 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills third add
    Stack 11 (5)
    Stack 12 (6)
    Stack 13 (7)
    (Warrior's debuff will have fallen off during this time)

Warrior taunts boss and Tank 2 kills the 4th add with 7 stacks.
    Stack 14 (1)
    Stack 15 (2)
    Stack 16 (3)
    Stack 17 (4) (The add might spawn a couple seconds after this stack so you may have to tank both for a couple of seconds.
    (Tank 2's debuff will have fallen off during this time)

Tank 2 taunts the boss and Warrior kills the 5th add
    Stack 18 (1)
    Stack 19 (2)

Warrior taunts the boss
    Stack 20 (5)

Tank 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills the 6th add
    Stack 21 (3)
    Stack 22 (4)

Warrior taunts boss
    Stack 23 (6)

Tank 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills 7th add
    Stack 24 (5)
    Stack 25 (6)
    Stack 26 (7)
    Warrior stacks reset here

Warrior Taunts boss and Tank 2 kills the 8th add

Boss should be dying around here.

Here it is in video:

Deleted
    If your dont start tanking the boss and you are killing the second add then your raid is doing it very wrong.

Warrior pulls boss
    Stack 1 (1)
    Stack 2 (2)
    Stack 3 (3)

Tank 2 taunts the boss and Warrior kills first add
    Stack 4 (1)
    Stack 5 (2)

Warrior Taunts boss
    Stack 6 (4)
    Stack 7 (5) (The stack happens after the second add spawns so you need to tank both for like 3 seconds)

Tanks 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills second add
    Stack 8 (3)
    Stack 9 (4)

Warrior Taunts boss
    Stack 10 (6)

Tank 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills third add
    Stack 11 (5)
    Stack 12 (6)
    Stack 13 (7)
    (Warrior's debuff will have fallen off during this time)

Warrior taunts boss and Tank 2 kills the 4th add with 7 stacks.
    Stack 14 (1)
    Stack 15 (2)
    Stack 16 (3)
    Stack 17 (4) (The add might spawn a couple seconds after this stack so you may have to tank both for a couple of seconds.
    (Tank 2's debuff will have fallen off during this time)

Tank 2 taunts the boss and Warrior kills the 5th add
    Stack 18 (1)
    Stack 19 (2)

Warrior taunts the boss
    Stack 20 (5)

Tank 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills the 6th add
    Stack 21 (3)
    Stack 22 (4)

Warrior taunts boss
    Stack 23 (6)

Tank 2 taunts boss and Warrior kills 7th add
    Stack 24 (5)
    Stack 25 (6)
    Stack 26 (7)
    Warrior stacks reset here

Warrior Taunts boss and Tank 2 kills the 8th add

Boss should be dying around here.

Here it is in video:

Okey thanks . Just asking in the video the second add is near the boss for fairly long time, is the DPS helping you to kill it or can you do it alone with 5 stacks?

Edit also is this doable in 10man. OR is it 25man exclusive tactic
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2014-01-28 at 01:36 AM.

DPS dont touch any of them. I have it there because at that point I can out DPS the heal from the boss and I know the other tank was gonna pull the boss to the mines.

I have no idea for 10 man. I'm pretty sure the stacks and shredder rotation would be the exact same though.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Ah forgot IJ, makes sense. Also we're 10 man.

We're still kinda on the edge with Garry so we probably won't solo him. How do you handle the Pride on Sha?
    On 10 man normal you can solo tank Immerseus, Protectors, Norushen, Malkorok, Spoils (this is just a theory, since Spoils is actually doable with 0 healers as well, but I imagine having a tank on one side that opens the big and mediums while the other side kills all the smalls, then he switches could be viable with high enough dps), Thok, Siegecrafter, Paragons, and Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Also how do you solo tank Sha? get to 30% before second Swelling Pride? I feel like you'd get mind controlled on the second one if not the first…
    Edit: Reading comprehension, I just read the explanation that someone posted.

with the add nerf you can kill the add right on top of the boss. just letting your co tank help you with it. but the first one you have to kill it by yourself.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    with the add nerf you can kill the add right on top of the boss. just letting your co tank help you with it. but the first one you have to kill it by yourself.
    Jesus H Christ. Why didn't I think of that last night.

You were able to do it before for shredders 2+. As long as both tanks have 2-3 stacks of the debuff you were able to kill it with it being next to the boss. On our first kill, we did a 3 tank strat (e.g. Eddy style) and we just stacked my debuffs to 10. Last time we had to go with the regular 2 tank strat and do the alternating stacks like Gliff posted.

Deleted
    You could kill the first shredder ontop of boss before nerfs, before 4th overload.
    It does force you to go all in, i used reck/avatar/potion. I dont even need cotank to help ;p
    Not that i recommend it but its doable if you want, just take the first 5 stacks and viola.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-01-30 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    You could kill the first shredder ontop of boss before nerfs, before 4th overload.
    It does force you to go all in, i used reck/avatar/potion. I dont even need cotank to help ;p
    Not that i recommend it but its doable if you want, just take the first 5 stacks and viola.
    I hate to be that guy but...... I call bullshit and I won't really believe it unless I see a video or logs.

I poped everything on the first one (reck/avatar/potion/banner) and was full crit and I still didnt get it below 30% before the death from above. I just can't see anyone killing it with the healing with only 3 stacks.

Deleted
    I hate to be that guy but...... I call bullshit and I won't really believe it unless I see a video or logs.

I poped everything on the first one (reck/avatar/potion/banner) and was full crit and I still didnt get it below 30% before the death from above. I just can't see anyone killing it with the healing with only 3 stacks.
    Thats your problem, the bolded part, if you keep tanking him you'll get 5 stacks

Deleted
    I don't raid 25 man but I'm inclined to agree... On 10 man atleast No way on earth would you be able to pull off tanking it next to the boss and killing it with only 3 stacks... Only thing I'm not 100% sure of isnt the 3rd overload the one that hits AFTER the DFA? or is that the 4th?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Thats your problem, the bolded part, if you keep tanking him you'll get 5 stacks
    Owkay, in that case the OT also has 0 stacks, so actually having him help out is 100% pointless aswell Wouldn't you get the 5th stack @ the DFA though and therefor always getting the overload he does right when he lands? (Still not sure if 3rd or 4th tbh)