View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    HOW DO YOU DO A 23 EPISODE SEASON ABOUT A 48 HOUR WEEKEND IF YOU'RE NOT KEIFER SUTHERLAND??
    i am sort of hoping Kiefer makes an appearance now. brilliant.
    Hi

I don't understand why Lilly can't just go to Italy for a year for her art thing. It's not like they're moving there permanently. Not all the art in the world is in Italy. In fact, NYC is a pretty damn good place for art.

Deleted
    Barneys revenge plan and what his job is in 20 min....rushed?

They could have left out the "jabba drunk" and "can't-lie-drunk"
    Instead they could have Barney have a breakdown and/or revelation that his past life is soon over, and through that tell them what he has done in the past.

The Lily&Marshall fight was good, but it ended too quick imho (I like Lilys acting when she's on the verge of tears )

Ok episode, much, MUCH better than the Slap-Bet episode

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    They could have left out the "jabba drunk" and "can't-lie-drunk"
    Instead they could have Barney have a breakdown and/or revelation that his past life is soon over, and through that tell them what he has done in the past.
    That wouldn't have been nearly as funny.

I don't understand why Lilly can't just go to Italy for a year for her art thing. It's not like they're moving there permanently. Not all the art in the world is in Italy. In fact, NYC is a pretty damn good place for art.
    Two people have a dream, one of them is a one time offer for a life-time job, the other a one year visit to a foreign country... No real reason they can't just have a year apart and visit often/ swap the kid.

Plus, "we need to talk about it" =/= "we're doing what I want, because I said so!".

But really, it's just senseless tension to set up her storming off. They couldn't even just put the argument off until after their best friends wedding? I assume the Wife will reconcile her or something, just more Wife-Building I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

I hate that the show has so many moments, I can't remember any of the ones referenced, but I love the idea of an episode with the Mother as the main character. No plot advancement really though, and I was told that she would be meeting Robin. I admit I got a little teary at it. Also, it becomes far more obvious that they just made a female Ted. But I still like her. I just wish they didn't make it so obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    That wouldn't have been nearly as funny.
    It wasn't funny either way and it didn't need to try

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New episode:

I hate that the show has so many moments, I can't remember any of the ones referenced, but I love the idea of an episode with the Mother as the main character. No plot advancement really though, and I was told that she would be meeting Robin. I admit I got a little teary at it. Also, it becomes far more obvious that they just made a female Ted. But I still like her. I just wish they didn't make it so obvious.
    I remembered most of them and it was cool seeing them all together and her side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    It wasn't funny either way and it didn't need to try
    It made me laugh and your scenario wouldn't have and you apparently wouldn't have laughed either way so they did it the right way.

I laughed at the bit where her friend first turned down Barney outside the night-club on St. Patrick's, and then fell for his "genie in the pants" routine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I still love it. I think that many of the new episodes pack some interesting character development, although I will say that they are pushing the filler-episodes a little bit. But when it ends, I won’t have new episodes come around to entertain me anymore - and neither will you. I’m just happy they’re still producing quality episodes, even though they aren’t as good as the first seasons.

Yes, I said it. I still love it.

BLASPHEMY! BURN THE BASTARD!
    They def are pushing the filler episodes this season a little too far. I think they could have packed a lot of better episodes. I was hoping this week would continue where Marshall and Lilly left off after how they ended last weeks episode but they didn't. However I did like the episode "how your mother met me" that was a good filler episode. She really is a female version of Ted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New episode:

Yes but didn't they mention there may be a spin off of "how your mother met me" that showcases her and her friends before meeting Ted. So could the new episode be related to the spin off or leave room for a spin off? Also commenting on one of your posts back I thought Teds kids were Luke and Leia?

Sorry I couldnt figure out how to black this out or if it needed to be lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I laughed at the bit where her friend first turned down Barney outside the night-club on St. Patrick's, and then fell for his "genie in the pants" routine.
    I don't really know how anyone could fall for that unless they were a vastly large bimbo.

New episode was good. A refreshing change. The Mother's story seems a lot more sweet and endearing than the mishmash of idiocy that was Ted's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cried at the end. How I Met Your Mother still gets me every time.

The Mother's backstory has kind of a dark tinge to it. She makes Ted look like a buffoon, tbh.

The Mother's backstory has kind of a dark tinge to it. She makes Ted look like a buffoon, tbh.
    Or at least a major jerk to the kids. The mothers story, wrapped up in half an hour. His story? 7 years of details about his sex life...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Or at least a major jerk to the kids. The mothers story, wrapped up in half an hour. His story? 7 years of details about his sex life...
    i'm sure we'll get more juicy bits in the spin off... zzzz
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'm sure we'll get more juicy bits in the spin off... zzzz
    I am not watching 9 years of "How I Met Your Father". CBS can stick that where the sun does not shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I am not watching 9 years of "How I Met Your Father". CBS can stick that where the sun does not shine.
    It's a brand new show, that doesn't involve any of the characters from this show. But...no, just no. There's no way that end up being entertaining. It will be "That 80's Show" all over again.

If the summary is any indication, she had a boyfriend who died when she was 21, met some guy 3 years later, dated him for 6 years, and then met Ted. That seems like a pretty staid story lacking any "juicy bits" in re: the mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should have gotten rid of a few of the other episodes from this season and made 1-2 more of the "how your mother met me" episodes. I feel like they would fit to the story so much more and wouldn't just be filler, and I think that the writers mushing it into 1 episode wasn't smart.

I laughed pretty hard at Ted's shellfish joke and the mother cracking up when no one else did. She really is a female Ted.

Has the spin off of the mother been confirmed? because I won't be watching it if it is. I'm already getting tired of How I Met Your Mother and I just wan't it to end already.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    I love the show so much.
    I have yet to see what the mother is like, but personally I'm a huge fan of Victoria. Might be because I've just got an irrational crush on Ashley Williams.
    Also i did not really like the last episode, how your mother met me. Looked like something done quickly and had an overall feeling of unrefined.
    Most enjoyable part was "la vie en rose" bit.