Question: Disc Viability without Legendary Cloak + Gem in 10m HC

Hello Fellow Priests,

all through MoP I've been maining a Lock but recently my guild is short on healers so I thought I might help out by returning to my priest. The problem is gear (though that is easily fixed) but primarily I am way behind on the legendary quest line on my priest.

So my question is: Is it viable to even consider heroic raiding as disc without the legendary Gem + Cloak? Obviously in time I will get those but I will have to progress (6/14 currently) without them. Do you think this is doable or should we just try to recruit as such an attempt is futile?

Many thanks,
    Obi

I don't want to state the obvious, but ofc it isn't optimal not to have either. But from my experience there isn't really an encounter in SoO where the failure would have much to do with the healers, as long as they know how their classes work. Maybe Thok 10H is the only fight where I wouldn't bring a priest if I had a choice though this has changed with gear and the nerf. Any way this late into the tier with the nerf-bat upon us, let the raid leader decide whats best for your group.

Altogether, the legendaries definitely help but shouldn't be a necessity when beating the heroic content.

Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    Hello Fellow Priests,

all through MoP I've been maining a Lock but recently my guild is short on healers so I thought I might help out by returning to my priest. The problem is gear (though that is easily fixed) but primarily I am way behind on the legendary quest line on my priest.

So my question is: Is it viable to even consider heroic raiding as disc without the legendary Gem + Cloak? Obviously in time I will get those but I will have to progress (6/14 currently) without them. Do you think this is doable or should we just try to recruit as such an attempt is futile?

Many thanks,
    Obi
    first 9 bosses should be fine without but spoils onwards will need that little bit extra but i guess you could get away with it depending on how skilled you are, if your only say a few weeks away then you should get them by the time your progressing past general.

Thanks for the replies guys

The meta gem equates to anywhere between 3,000 - 5,000 in secondary stats that could be used elsewhere on something other than spirit. While that's a big help, just making sure your spirit levels are comfortable is going to be the biggest issue. While some priests are at ultra low builds (I'm a 7k with my dps cloak on!), you're likely not going to be able to sustain that in the later heroic bosses. Having Siegecrafter's regen trinket will help, maybe paired with HLG until you can get a heroic healer amp.

Good luck!

Deleted
    The healing cloak actually doesn't do much for disc and many disc priest opt for the dps one instead. You will notice the meta gem ofc.

Cloak is only useful for the stats for healing. LMG is pretty much required. Without it you need to run 2-4k more spirit.