Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

Even admitted in the same post that he plays a hunter and that he has absolutely no problem with elemental shamans.

He then proceeds to follow it with a quote off the forums from somebody else (lol?)

And then goes on to call it a l2p issue on all Elementals parts.

I'm not sure what was so funny in my post. I said clearly that I haven't met elementals that posed me problems as a hunter (tbh i rarely meet any elementals in bg's nowadays) and then proceeded to follow it with a opposite point of view of someone who found that elementals are one of the few specs that gave problems to hunters. Just wanted to give some thought to this post other than "lol ele can't kill anything even if played perfectly" but i guess this is what happens when someone doesn't join the bandwagon. Never in my post I mentioned l2p on elementals part, it was equally for every class.

Edit: Bolded for your reading comprehension
    Last edited by mmoc9725088499; 2014-01-28 at 01:08 PM.

Oh a reading comprehension comment; this is both new, exciting and definitely needs more use on public forums.

The comment you quoted me on I said that you play a hunter and said you have no problem with shamans.

You then said you haven't met elementals that pose you problems as a hunter and bold it as if I was unable to understand what you meant. I mean you literally almost exactly said what I said (whilst making a jest at the same time).

I didn't understand the linking of someone's PoV from a forum (especially since nearly every single other class got suggested in that thread multiple times before elemental did), I'm not exactly linking threads of Hunters vs Elemental QQ to help support my argument so I don't know why you are (again thanks for bolding it, I had extreme difficulty understanding it in the standard format).

Then some exaggeration coupled with a bandwagon joke (which would have probably been more appropriate last season don't you think?).

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Never in my post I mentioned l2p on elementals part, it was equally for every class.
    people writing on this forums are not great pvp'ers and a bad elemental has no chance
    Please could you bold certain key phrases in your next response; my reading comprehension is vastly inferior to yours it seems.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-28 at 01:43 PM.

Elementals are pretty bad in 1x1 and 2x2, but really god in 3s, and RBGs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp

"Never in my post I mentioned l2p on elementals part, it was equally for every class."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp

"people writing on this forums are not great pvp'ers and a bad elemental has no chance"

Please could you bold certain key phrases in your next response; my reading comprehension is vastly inferior to yours it seems.
    This is exactly what i mean, i wrote "people writing on this forums are not great pvp'ers and a bad elemental has no chance against a bad hunter" and you chose not to read/quote the last part, which means there is either a language barrier or most probably a reading comprehension problem. Or you are just trying to press a point by using only parts of my quote and taking them out of context. Anyways, useless to argue about this since the discussion was about elemental shamans.

Deleted
    You will win against any hunter if you manage to land a Cap stun on him using projection.. 5 sec stun where you can blow him up if you forced his trinket with an instant hex before that...

Anyways, on topic; Ele shamans arent great in 1v1 or 2v2. We rely on putting Flame Shock on as many targets as possible, since it gives us access to instant Lava Burst procs. We're in a really good spot in 3v3, 5v5 and RBGs.
    3v3 has enough targets that you can spread Flame shocks too (3 players + any pets), and you have offhealing capabilities which can be a lifesaver if a mage catches your healer in a poly while your teammate is deeped/shatter. Spam those healing surges, you will be able to heal ~100 to 200k in 3 healing surges (100 with no crits, 200 with crits), which is usually enough to keep someone alive during burst. You also have your Healing Stream that heals 2 targets for 15 seconds - very good to use when your healer is caught in CC or the other team is bursting/putting out lots of pressure.

This is exactly what i mean, i wrote "people writing on this forums are not great pvp'ers and a bad elemental has no chance against a bad hunter" and you chose not to read/quote the last part, which means there is either a language barrier or most probably a reading comprehension problem. Or you are just trying to press a point by using only parts of my quote and taking them out of context. Anyways, useless to argue about this since the discussion was about elemental shamans.
    Genuinely upset; I took a lot of time constructing a reply to you, and you just quote the last two lines and tell me there is a language barrier and fire off the reading comprehension comment again.

I hope our paths cross again some day, maybe in the future, maybe in some land greater than this. I hope we can lay in each others arms telling stories to each other in an effort to break this language barrier.

We can travel the world together; see everything together.

And when it's all done, and we're old and tired, you can teach me reading comprehension so that I know I've led a full life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    5 sec stun where you can blow him up
    So that's how all the Elementals get super high rated! They "blow people up" during a capacitor stun! The game suddenly feels so easy

Also: YOU NICKED MY TRANSMOG.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-28 at 02:16 PM.

Like everyone else that isn't crazy said, one of the worst 1v1 and 2v2 specs but great in 3s and 5s where we have real support. That dude the said he beats hunters and monks on the regular is straight up lying, btw.

Deleted
    Why does everyone keep saying that elemental is bad for 1v1? I do think they're pretty bad in 2v2 tho. But seriously, elemental shaman can beat most classes in 1v1 and pretty easily too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xory View Post
    elemental shaman can beat most classes in 1v1 and pretty easily too.
    Apologies on mine, and a large portion of the shaman playerbases behalf for our l2p issue.

Inb4 doesn't play elemental and plays mongo class like warrior/hunter.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-28 at 04:12 PM.

As an ele, I basically toy with my friend, who's an MM hunter using an arena spec (Blink strike and Thrill of the hunt). We're both 2k rated players.

That said, my heals are insane without battle fatigue; it'd be a different story in arena.

I've also dueled my windwalker friend who's 2k exp on the class. Went 1-4, though 2 of them were quite close and took a while. The ele has to play very well to win, but it's not a complete beatdown like some of you guys seem to have suggested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    As an ele, I basically toy with my friend, who's an MM hunter using an arena spec (Blink strike and Thrill of the hunt). We're both 2k rated players.

That said, my heals are insane without battle fatigue; it'd be a different story in arena.

I've also dueled my windwalker friend who's 2k exp on the class. Went 1-4, though 2 of them were quite close and took a while. The ele has to play very well to win, but it's not a complete beatdown like some of you guys seem to have suggested.
    sshh, you are making the awesome ele shamans in this thread feel bad now

Deleted
    The whole discussion is how shaman are performing 1v1 in pvp (meaning instanced pvp aka arena/bg/rbg), so if you are toying with your mm friend in duelz I am not surprised as no battle fatigue greatly favors hybrids like ele. In instanced pvp is a whole different story.

And Zenvon any good hunter will just snipe your cap totem instantly 2 arcane shots...

Nevertheless, this doesn't mean that ele shamans are bad they are fuckin awesome given the right setup and circumstances.

And yes hunters are OP

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post

Admits that battle fatigue influenced the duels.
    Only listed one set of scores in which he won 20% of the games.
    Admits that you have to play extremely competently to win.

sshh, you are making the awesome ele shamans in this thread feel bad now
    Uses it to imply shamans are OP.

YEPYEP.

And this is from a guy that doesn't even play an Elemental at max level, only got his first (and only) 1550 achievement in 2s last season (were I recall hunters being pants on head retarded and literally ruining 2v2 with disc priests) and is now dictating the strength of other classes.

I mean they're not crap, but implying they counter hunters (lol?) is beyond ridiculous.

As I said originally, elemental is amazing in 3v3, 5v5 and RBG's. They are not amazing in 1v1 & 2v2. Anyone with half a brain cell has already stated that in this thread but as no suprise the thread is being derailed by people that started the game a month ago claiming things based off of what they read from a post on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-29 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    And Zenvon any good hunter will just snipe your cap totem instantly 2 arcane shots...
    Any good Ele shaman will put the cap totem out of LOS from the hunter and then move it on top of him with projection the very second it goes off..

Any good Ele shaman will put the cap totem out of LOS from the hunter and then move it on top of him with projection the very second it goes off..
    Any good Hunter will Wyvern Sting just before it goes off so you can't move it doucwutididthar and presumably this is still about 1v1 with hunters (duels) where most of the time you don't even have anywhere to break LoS.

But I don't want to ruin your story, is this the point you just

blow him up
    ?
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-29 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    @Anzeen
    I've yet to see a hunter Wyvern Sting me in a duel so I cant move my Cap totem.
    I have however seen countless of 2k + hunters not killing my cap totem even if it's not out of LOS. I do think 2k + rating in arenas qualifies as 'good' when it comes to this forum, no?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with 'my story'? I just wrote my experiences with hunters & duels as to how I generally beat them. Take it or leave it, I dont understand why you would try to troll me or whatever you're trying to do. My sad brain cannot seem to understand your points, or perhaps I just cant follow your logic. The main points of my original post was actually about the actual topic in this thread.

And yes, you blow him up with Ascendance when he is stunned and have no trinket available. Try it.

I've been testing out all sorts of classes lately. I mainly was on my boomkin tell recently. I've been focusing a lot on my ele sham the past week or 2. They seem to have one of the most diverse recommendations for how to play, how to spec how to glyph even stat priorities. Seems like they perform really well but require support. You are more likely going to find that in 3's/5's/RBG's then you do 2's and completely lack it in a 1vs1 situations. So that adds up with what most people are saying in here.

I crap on hunters most of the time. Only the actual good players (generally having a couple of glad titles from previous xpacs, not the new breed of facerolling mongoloid hunter from MoP) give me a hard time, and this is because they literally use every single tiny little trick that a hunter has, in order to prolong the fight and keep me from slaughtering him with ruthless 80k lavaburst procs. Smart use of our healing cds, casted heals, and defensives can definitely make ele harder to kill than you might think. I typically spam heal for the duration of a deterrence/roar of sacrifice, using his pet to get clearcasting charges with lvb, and it makes a difference. Not saying its an easy fight, but it is definitely not one-sided and either class can win, depending on crits and RNG.

Also did someone mention wyvern sting? Loltremor. Any hunter that is actually trying to beat you is going to take a stun talent instead.
    Last edited by Dookles; 2014-01-30 at 01:16 AM.