Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

Boost to 90 - a way to tell who is boosted

I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$

Deleted
    I've got seven 90's, one 86, one 66 and two 12's. I couldn't care less about other people buying 90's. If they want to spend money to get to endgame, more power to them. It has no effect on my enjoyment of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    I've got seven 90's, one 86, one 66 and two 12's. I couldn't care less about other people buying 90's. If they want to spend money to get to endgame, more power to them. It has no effect on my enjoyment of the game.
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........

Deleted
    And what exactly would that accomplish?
    Also, do we really need another thread on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    More 90s means more people to do stuff with, I don't care how they got it as long as they take the time to learn their shit... If they don't? Well I'll just keep 'em out of my group lol.

Why? What purpose does it serve? Do you think someone who boosted won't know how to play their class any better than someone who leveled properly? Maybe I want a Horde version of my Alliance main but can't be arsed to go through the 1-90 process again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    Except A: they haven't announced how, or even if, they are officially going that route (only that they were investigating it which is far from confirmed) and B: in a few months 90 will be the new 80, e.g. the level no one gives a shit about.

There are already a ton of 'insta 90 QQ' topics. Why you opted to make yet another one is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Why? What purpose does it serve? Do you think someone who boosted won't know how to play their class any better than someone who leveled properly? Maybe I want a Horde version of my Alliance main but can't be arsed to go through the 1-90 process again.
    its a possibility that some could but, most couldnt imo and iah

Deleted
    You never had "recognition" before, so why should you now - and I see no compelling reason for a "name and shame" on boosted characters. I'm going to buy one boost, and I have 3 level 90s. Kkthxbai.

This would be abused with no end ......

*kick that duid from the raid he is boosted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*raid kicks random awsome druid that actualy was his 4th druid alt as he just loved druids so much*

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care? Just play the damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    You never had "recognition" before, so why should you now - and I see no compelling reason for a "name and shame" on boosted characters. I'm going to buy one boost, and I have 3 level 90s. Kkthxbai.
    Because "before" there was no boosts. So no need for recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Indeed I've already leveled 3 warlocks, I'd prefer to just buy some more for different servers/factions.

Also anyone can level to 90 don't see a need for a fos for it. If you wanted to know you could look at other statistic related data.

no that's not it at all, Mirishka is just asking for achievements / feats of strength titles and what not or what ever for his hand lvled toons verses the people that got a boost who would apparently not have the feat of strength,

OT ; that is retarded, as long as they know how to play the class when they get to 100, it doesn't matter at all. and everyone even YOU will get a boosted toon because they are giving "one" out for every account for free.

I can imagine that it would get a lot of people unfairly judged and kicked from groups (similar to people in LFR who got kicked for wearing those transmogged helms for a while, when it was cool to be upset about them). So....no thanks.

Also, I've played with some people who leveled from 1-90 and still wouldn't be able to keep up with someone who got boosted but actually took 10 minutes to read up on things like rotations, stat priorities, and how the class works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. So my alts could get kicked from a group for being "boosted" even though it's the same old me behind the keyboard? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Bad idea. The last thing we need is people who boost their character being stigmatized and kicked out of groups and LFR.

I'd rather not get instantly kicked out of any group because I'm boosted and the group has had bad experience with boosted characters
    I'll only be boosting warriors most likely anyway which is my main class

People apparantly kicked before for buying the transmog gear from blizz shop
    No need to give initiative to the people who wants to "fight the evul corporation"

Edit: Alot of people beat me to it while writing
    Not that anyone has ever given recognition to a person because they're level 90

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    If we're going to do this, we should have a separate one for those who used RaF. And another one for those who were granted levels through RaF. And for those who didn't use heirlooms. Maybe one for those who didn't use a DPS spec leveling up.

Nope, as others have said, it literally would only cause problems in game.