LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes, because I'm sure new players will be thrilled to pay for:
    The game + expansions
    Subscription fee
    A boost to level 90
    all at once, right? If anything, it will make many not even try the game at all!
    Well for starters, you get a free 90 just for purchasing WoD. So they wouldn't be paying extra for that. Additionally, I've been wondering what happens if you buy WoD without purchasing any missing expansions. You will have a free 90, activate a subscription, and then you have access to WoD content. How are they going to handle that? It seems to me like WoD will skip the need to purchase any older xpacs and allow you to have it all for one low cost. I don't see any way around that being the case.
    BAD WOLF

If they really wanted new players to want to play they wouldn't make it so complicated. If they're going to focus on end game only and make leveling meaningless then you should be able to buy WoD ONLY and level from 90-100. Why should I pay for past expansions if Blizz is going to leave it unbalanced and make it trivial?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If that's your reason for liking it, I wonder why you even play.
    People like different things, its not like here where you can just ban those that dont agree with you or lock threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Actually, most of the game revolves exactly around that. The most fun part of the game at least before it was leveling and meeting new people in the zones. Now instant 90? What's next? Instant end-gear? I wouldn't be surprised.
    Always been about end game for me, levelling is just a chore for all characters past your first one.

Looking forward to my free 90

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Always been about end game for me, levelling is just a chore for all characters past your first one.
    So I guess you did every quest of every zone for your faction your first time through then?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So I guess you did every quest of every zone for your faction your first time through then?
    On my main I sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Why are you playing this game again? Might as well get the end gear and be done with it. I don't see any point now. This is the biggest mistake Blizzard has made.
    because WoW never has been about the stuff you do in lower level, WoW is a game of end-game stuff

I am happy as well. I personally have HATED leveling since i started playing, leveling my main is necessary, but i still hate it. Buying the level 90 boost will definitely be used by me. The one problem i can foresee with this feature is a shitstorm of people who have no clue what they are doing. I suppose they will have WoD quests to help them learn their class but yeah, i see some problems with that part of it.

I use a SoR on an unused account of mine to boost a warlock to 80, i leveled to 85 and i sucked, really badly. I would assume that a newer player might feel even more overwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it's rather unfair to them if they choose to pay for their level 90. They'll be thrown into deep waters without knowing what to do. Even IF blizzard decides to put up a small tutorial for paid lvl 90's, experience > a small 5-10 min guide.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    The game is almost 10 year's old and with 100 levels it is just way to daunting to new players, so sadly this is a needed change.
    Leveling is starting to become something in the game like a huge, melon-sized appendix: It's unsightly, serves no real purpose, and is very difficult to remove.

I sort of enjoy leveling characters, but people new to the game have to think: "Why am I doing this anyway?"

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    lol... more like 24-36 hours unless you really dick around wandering aimlessly or farming rep.
    Let's not get crazy here. I just leveled a monk and at level 86 I have 36 hours played. For a non-monk it would be substantially more, probably closer to 48 hours. I still have a good 10 or 15 hours left from 86-90, and I don't think I'm dicking around at all.

It's definitely not 24 hours from 1-90, that's a load of crap. Unless you have someone else power leveling you, in which case you can double the time to level since you're using up another person's time.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    It's definitely not 24 hours from 1-90, that's a load of crap. Unless you have someone else power leveling you, in which case you can double the time to level since you're using up another person's time.
    You can't say something is a load of crap and then provide a reason why you are incorrect. That's just silly. There are plenty of ways you can level at light speed including, but not limited to: RAF, Heirlooms, Instance spam, PvP spam, Powerleveling via various methods, and simply having a lot of time to quest non stop. Any of these will take a substantially small amount of time if done with focus. If your point is that a completely new player with no friends can't level in 24 hours, well no duh. No one is claiming that and instant 90's aren't even targeted at those people.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    While leveling takes no time at all now, I really can't stand it.

Love alts, hate leveling. Bring on the free 90!

Also maybe even the paid 90 if it isn't more than 20 dollars.
    whatever man

So now with heirlooms and purchasable 90s, can we make leveling normal again for people that want to do it? Kind of annoying out-leveling a zone shortly after you start it when you're not even using heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    We just need to be able to buy level 100s now. I love all the raging about purchasable 90s, good stuff.
    I agree completely. If folks want to skip leveling, they should be able to skip all of it. Set up live just like the PTR (max level toon creation + relevant gear and some gold) for whatever fee, and it should make most players happy.

The "we don't think this is good for the game" ship sailed away a long while back, so there's really no reason to not implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Actually League of Legends is the top micro-transaction online game in the world.
    Crossfire would like a word with you it nearly doubled riot games in 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has to clean the sand down there and just be adult about it. Don't like it? Write them a stern letter. I heard they get a kick out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Creating a fake email, buying a battle chest code, logging in a sending that account an RaF invite from yourself, opening your fake email and clicking the RaF link, logging into account, activating battle chest on fake new account to create wow2, buying cataclysm expansion on fake account, creating a copy of your WoW directory on your computer, launching main wow, installing a hotkey program to send keystrokes to fake account, opening fake account, creating macros to assist in the following required

THEN LEVELLING ANYWAY...

Is in no way comparable to "Buy level 90" button.
    u know u can do all this with skiping fake email thing , half of the steps you mention are useless it just shows how little you know about RAF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    People like different things, its not like here where you can just ban those that dont agree with you or lock threads.
    Haha, awesome reply

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So now with heirlooms and purchasable 90s, can we make leveling normal again for people that want to do it? Kind of annoying out-leveling a zone shortly after you start it when you're not even using heirlooms.
    I agree with this, at least this... In this way everyone gets what they want, the people who want to level can do so in peace without outleveling the content by the time they reach the half of second zone already and the ones who want to skip it can pay and skip it.