Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You try and do garrosh trash without cc...

Agreed. The thing about opinions and experiences is that just because they don't necessarily prove anything, that doesn't make them automatically wrong.

I had the same experience as the OP. Dinged 90, could already run heroics and never used a CC, IIRC. It seems like a forgone conclusion that you didn't need CC in MOP, I thought that was common knowledge. Those saying "well that's just your experience" I'm not sure what you're talking about. You're suggesting that being able to go into heroics (meeting ilevel requirements) with low gear meant you might still need CC, which I just don't believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    You try and do garrosh trash without cc...
    The tweet was specifically about dungeons in MOP, not raids.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The problem is you're taking what one guy says on Twitter as a statement of what the entirety of Blizzard say on the need of CC in MoP. I don't expect anyone, really, on this site to have had to use CC, but I do expect that some players would have had to use some to get by. There are some players out there that really do only just manage to get by. They're likely the ones in LFR doing the worst DPS. Not everyone takes the time to read 3rd party stuff to be the best they can be at a game. Shockingly, some just play for a little fun.

MoP heroics were/are painfully easy. That doesn't mean every last player never used CC.

IIRC, they said WoD heroics would be like Throne of the Tides heroic at the start of Cata, pre-nerf. That sounds reasonable at least, imo.
    But players on this site used LFG so they were stuck with the bottom of the barrel players, and CC just isnt nessecary. Its also, as some have pointed out, unlikely that you would be completely and utterly incompetent to the point that you are wiping on trash in dungeons, and at the same time capable of actually using CC

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some players out there that really do only just manage to get by. They're likely the ones in LFR doing the worst DPS. Not everyone takes the time to read 3rd party stuff to be the best they can be at a game. Shockingly, some just play for a little fun.
    Oh ma gawd, i have to know the basics how the game works that i'm currently playing? Shockingly!

I remember 5.0 and the constant wiping in Shado-Pan Monestary and the less but still frequently wiping Scarlet Monestary. In retrospect the Hour of Twilight dungeons were cake compared to those two. People judge after they've out geared them and through the eyes of premades.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-01-29 at 11:11 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't think it's all that strange a niche -- players who had trouble with the mobs but also know how to cc. You can set up CC without aggroing mobs, meaning you have all the time in the world to plan the attack. But once they're aggroed you're relying on reaction speed.

It's a far cry from reading a CC ability's tooltip in-game to looking up guides on fan sites about how to maximize your dps/hps/survivability.
    Actually that is not a very large cry at all, because most under-skilled players also don't read tooltips even if their lives depend on it, and if they do, they don't process or think about them very much. In fact, they're much more likely to obey what Noxxic tells them to do than apply any critical thinking to the situation.

Maybe he's thinking of a few somewhat-over-tuned pulls that were rapidly nerfed, noticing there was some CC going out in the very early moments, and then incorrectly assuming that we stopped CC'ing those pulls because our gear increased or we're just "better".

But even then, my own experiences were: "Should we CC this pull?" "nah just spam heals", and the nerfs probably went out not because "wow, look at all these people CC'ing!" but instead "wow, look at all these players somehow wiping in Monastery!"

Maybe this is a matter of degrees of interpretation? Maybe technically there was not "zero" CC due to a few abusive pulls, therefore technically perhaps "the majority" did "use" CC "in MoP dungeons" (like 3 times). But this is like claiming your water is poisonous because it contains 0.003 ppm arsenic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I remember 5.0 and the constant wiping in Shado-Pan Monestary and the less but still frequently wiping Scarlet Crusade. In retrospect the Hour of Twilight dungeons were cake compared to those two. People judge after they've out geared them and through the eyes of premades.
    How did you constantly wipe in those dungeons?! Am I blessed with some incredible LFD fortune or something? This is weirding me out.

HoT dungeons weren't exactly Olympic triathlons, but they were brutal compared to MoP Heroics.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2014-01-29 at 11:18 PM.

Lets see, SPM I know at least I had some close calls, forget if I wiped, on sha of violence due to healer dying to adds.

Definitely wiped to the trash at the end when no one could click on the spirit to be able to kill the trash.

Scarlet Halls wiped to people who took the blades of light head on.

I think that was it? Maybe 1 or 2 times to pulling extras on accident but that's it.

Uh, yeah...
    "There were players with not enough experience/skill to just zerg shit so they turned to CCing mobs, an idea that requires more experience/skill to both conceive and execute than zerging!"

Just straight up bullshit. They just mindlessly throw the "Well you're not every player, duh!"-exception around without properly thinking about the implications...
    Last edited by YumYum; 2014-01-29 at 11:25 PM.

Personally, CC can go to hell and stay out of pve. There is so many CC in game already that the mobs without poly/sap/trap often can't do a darn thing because of stuns (aoe monk/dk/war stuns) everyone can kick or silence and more.

Poly/sap/trap ain't any better gameplay though if you compare wotlk vs cata (cata was an outcry for hard heroics like bc with cc) yet it was proven the masses and here masses doesn't represent mmo-champion.com Prefered wotlk faceroll aoe to cata cautious pull, cc and wipe. I personally did because LFD is full of tards and even my guild has plenty of bads and tards. Most my real life friends with brains stopped playing during cata. we are facing here a sample size issue where the vocal minority thinks CC in dungeons is better while huntards and magetards who never used freezing trap or poly while leveling have no idea what it means.

CC isn't even what I would call hard, its just time consuming to get all the retards to do there CC and it gimps you if you don't have CC in your group (double Dk double warrior and a priest for exemple and yes it happens)

I think Mop was fine for difficulty, tards still died and made you wipe and some people were still pulling 10k dps yet it wasn't unbearable. Keep CCs and complicated(LOL) stuff for NON LFD(R).

10+ Year Old Account
    You should realize, if you used CC in lower gear level, in dungeons you would 100% need CC, if you don't use it you'll just take the damage and hopefully someone can heal through it
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    He's full of shit. I hit 90 day after pandas were released and haven't seen cc used even once. And I ran with random noobs.
    Just checking here, random noobs who hit 90 the day after MoP was released, right? I *cough* suspect they might be a wee bit better than you are letting on, those random people, even if they were not as good as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Just checking here, random noobs who hit 90 the day after MoP was released, right? I *cough* suspect they might be a wee bit better than you are letting on, those random people, even if they were not as good as you are.
    Because he only ran THAT DAY right? Not in the whole week until raids opened up.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still use CC in pve? lol wat.

Can't remember even the worst geared pugs at the beginning of the addon using ccs anywhere but well.

If people needed CC to go through MoP dungeons, I really wonder what they are going to do with WoD ones with them being at pre-nerf Vortex Pinnacle difficulty and what Blizzard's expectations are... If Celestion is right and majority needed CC for MoP (or if they didn't find it really easy), why are they making harder dungeons? I can't really put those two things together.

I love all the elitest in this thread thinking they know it all. Guess what. when you guys hit 90 so fast and got into those dungeons with barely any gear and had it easy mode, well that is because you know fully what you are doing 95% of the time, and so did everyone else that was getting to 90 that fast. The bad players don't hit 90 within the first few days or even after a week, they take longer, and they will struggle sometimes, cause they just don't care. They will do the bare minimum effort in the dungeon on top of them not knowing their class that well, especially at the start of an exp with all new stuff that was added.

I don't recall ever having to CC in a MoP dungeon, heroic or normal. I think I CC'd once in a LFR.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    He's full of shit. I hit 90 day after pandas were released and haven't seen cc used even once. And I ran with random noobs.

You expect bad players to know about cc or how to use it? It was never needed or used in pandas by anyone.
    If you were running heroic dungeons with people a DAY after the xpac was released, then 1) you are substantially better than the "average" player who was still leveling, and 2) you weren't running with "random noobs"; you were running with other people who knew how to play WoW too, because they also speed-leveled to 90.

Deleted
    People bad enough to need CC in MoP dungeons probably wouldn't know how to CC properly anyway. It takes slightly more engagement than hitting AoEs over and over and they already don't know how to play beyond that. It's like a mythical beast, a bad player that knows how to use CC. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    If you were running heroic dungeons with people a DAY after the xpac was released, then 1) you are substantially better than the "average" player who was still leveling, and 2) you weren't running with "random noobs"; you were running with other people who knew how to play WoW too, because they also speed-leveled to 90.
    Even if they were good enough to speed level, they still weren't any more geared than anyone else, so there wasn't a need for CC because the tank could handle all the mobs.