Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    why do people want that p.o.s legendary. Its ugly and lacks creativity.

Deleted
    There is an issue here:

Despite the colour of he loot the item is NOT a legendary.

It has evolved into a basic item.

Previous legendaries its maybe 2-3 in a guild with it giving each person a small advantage. The cloak if for every raider in a guild, content has been done such that itis required therefore you had to do it on most characters to get the expected out of your character.

Personally i would rather there be a legendary I couldn't use and as such is a legendary rather than a questing item that is an essential item

Deleted
    4days since got 90

playing 2-3hper day

missing 1sigil of wisdom

ilvl499 atm, waiting for wife to get 496 so we can go SoO lfr and mybe try making some pug for ToT

Deleted
    I hate the fact that i will always do 20% less DPS than everybody else with my alt too...

For people who say "there have always been legendaries and you didnt have them on alts"... thats right, but LFR baddies didnt have the Legendaries either. Now you just need to afk through LFR every week and you are an official Legendary wielder.

Moreover you had quite equal epic items... if you didn't have Dragonwrath you could use the Madwing HC dagger for about equal DPS, if you didnt have Warglaives you did fine with the Sunwell Weapons. Legendary Cloak is simply 10 times as good as all other cloaks.

I think it was an interesting experiment and the quest chain was okay if you started out in 5.0 and kept up, but it made it really frustrating to reroll halfway through the expansion. The legendary doesn't just limit your ability to gear alts, but also your ability to pick a new main.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    Despite the colour of he loot the item is NOT a legendary.

It has evolved into a basic item.
    In terms of rarity, you're right. In terms of power, it's deserving of the color. In terms of difficulty in acquiring it? Debatable. The main difference is that every previous legendary was heavily restricted in who could use it (only so many specs can use a 2H axe with a strength proc) and limited to one person per raid group at a time or limited by arbitrarily low drop rates. Now everyone who is willing to put in the effort to get it can do so.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    wow, this is so irritating, I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt but the thinking about how long will i have to wait till i get the legendary just weigh so much on me....I get so frustrated

I'm a slow leveler, take me 3 weeks maybe even 4 with full BOAs and i didn't mind, when i hit max level it take me couple of weeks to get gear for raids
    but the looming legendary quest that takes more then 2 month making me not even wanna do it.

legendary used to mean that 1 guy in the raid is awesome and powerful and its great, but now it means that one guy in the raid is weaker and getting carried
    I'm average player dipping into heroics nothing too hardcore and i loved the legendary quest line, I did, but the though of leveling an alt to 90 just to have him 15% weaker for 2 month and forced to do old raids to the fullest making me no wanna play it, so i log on an alt...see that sigil quest.../sigh and go back on main, i dont mind gearing up thru MSV /HOF / TOT to get to SoO level but the legendary force me to do tot 3 4 times.... this is not a FIX IT NOW!!! post, its just describing how i feel about alts and gearing up and the looming quest that im gonna do at max level not wanting me to play other classes and gear alts

is it just me?

legendary quest:
    1. sigil - 1 week
    2. valor - 3 weeks
    3. secrets - 2 weeks (if u do all and u are lucky)
    4. runes - 2 weeks

thats 2 month, and until then u are 10-15% weaker then anyone else, u are the excluded.

any thoughts ?
    You sound like an entitled child, honestly. Poor baby has to wait 8 weeks to get his welfare legendary. If you can't handle doing stuff for only 8 weeks, then you don't really deserve the legendary in the first place.

Not every alt needs an orange cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    You sound like an entitled child, honestly. Poor baby has to wait 8 weeks to get his welfare legendary. If you can't handle doing stuff for only 8 weeks, then you don't really deserve the legendary in the first place.

Not every alt needs an orange cloak.
    im not upset about not having it, u cant read! im upset that the current raid tier designed for me having it, there for no alt for you! come back next XP

So I see two threads on the front page today about the legendary cloak:

1) OMG Welfare legendary so easy to get damn you Blizzard
    2) OMG this freaking legendary is so hard to get damn you Blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

im upset that the current raid tier designed for me having it
    It's not.

You can beat the entire raid tier with no cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So I see two threads on the front page today about the legendary cloak:

1) OMG Welfare legendary so easy to get damn you Blizzard
    2) OMG this freaking legendary is so hard to get damn you Blizzard
    i never cried about how hard it is to get it, i actually think its should be super hard and rare people get it, but a long gring that everyone have to do or else u are just too weak for the current content is a mistake
    if they made SoO attuned to not having the cape then it would have been a joke with it

1 person is stronger cause of legendary but people are not excluded with out it, is fine
    1 person is weaker with out it and get excluded is not fine
    Last edited by eadan4111; 2014-01-30 at 03:56 AM.

What makes the cloak a "welfare" legendary? Its obtained the same way as most of the other ones (except ones like the warglaives). Do the same raids every week 50 times in a row, hope for reagents to drop, combine reagents in annoying quests, sit through some annoying RP cut-scene and badabing, legendary!

The only difference is you dont have to be in a guild and be "special" enough to be chosen by some stranger to be the one to collect the drops for the quest line. And have to deal with the loot drama that almost always came about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    What makes the cloak a "welfare" legendary? Its obtained the same way as most of the other ones (except ones like the warglaives). Do the same raids every week 50 times in a row, hope for reagents to drop, combine reagents in annoying quests, sit through some annoying RP cut-scene and badabing, legendary!

The only difference is you dont have to be in a guild and be "special" enough to be chosen by some stranger to be the one to collect the drops for the quest line. And have to deal with the loot drama that almost always came about.
    the real different is that u cant raid without it, well u can but the raid attuned of people having it
    no other raid in history was attuned for having a legendary that take 3 month to get and it killed my guild all alt all not having legendary cape/meta runs
    is this a good thing?

if they made SoO attuned to not having the cape then it would have been a joke with it

My 15 year old son's rogue regularly out damages people wearing the legendary cloak and he is still gathering runestones for his. It's not the cloak that makes or breaks you, it's you and how you play your character - regardless of whether it's an alt or a main. If you feel you can't be competitive, what's stopping you from making yourself better? I got news for you, it's probably not that cloak.

it killed my guild all alt all not having legendary cape/meta runs
    Sounds like your guild is being exclusionary about something that isn't necessary.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

I swapped factions in late fall. I didn't want to transfer so I leveled up a character I already had sitting at 70. I dinged 90 on 11/19/2013 and I got my cloak on 1/22/2014. So yeah, two months. Two months of "work" for a legendary is nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    My 15 year old son's rogue regularly out damages people wearing the legendary cloak and he is still gathering runestones for his. It's not the cloak that makes or breaks you, it's you and how you play your character - regardless of whether it's an alt or a main. If you feel you can't be competitive, what's stopping you from making yourself better? I got news for you, it's probably not that cloak.
    im 9/14 heroic....but good try, cant play my alts at the same level, thats a mistake

its actually
    1 week sigils. u can get exalted on BP rep in the same then wait 3 weeks, or 2 more after your first week. then get started on secrets thats essentially 2-3 weeks for 20.. averaging 8 per week. runestones is 3-4. so 3 + 3+ 4= 10 weeks tops. just about 2.5 months. it sucks but the cape does add a significant amount of dps. my advice is to start legendary quests asap cause it takes a long time for them.

i never cried about how hard it is to get it, i actually think its should be super hard and rare people get it, but a long gring that everyone have to do or else u are just too weak for the current content is a mistake

1 person is stronger cause of legendary but people are not excluded with out it, is fine
    1 person is weaker with out it and get excluded is not fine
    You want the cape to be super hard to obtain but you complain about having to do a bit of grinding to get one on an alt?

The cape is ~5% of your DPS.

SoO NM is not tuned to you having the cape.

SoO HM is probably tuned to you having the cape IF this is your first week in SoO and you have no other SoO NM or HM pieces. Ie, if you're in Paragon or Method etc. Normal players entering SoO HM today have had months to gather gear and so are massively better geared than they were anyway so the cape is unlikely to be a barrier even then.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

im 9/14 heroic....but good try, cant play my alts at the same level, thats a mistake
    He's completely correct, the cloak is like 5% of your DPS so someone without it can absolutely out-DPS you if they are simply better.

There was another Rogue in my old HM guild that used to almost out-DPS me when I had the legendary DAGGERS and he didn't. He was that good. DAGGERS. They're WEAPONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchuchu View Post
    I swapped factions in late fall. I didn't want to transfer so I leveled up a character I already had sitting at 70. I dinged 90 on 11/19/2013 and I got my cloak on 1/22/2014. So yeah, two months. Two months of "work" for a legendary is nothing.
    can i raid without it like i could in the past?
    does the raid attuned to not having it?
    can i kill heroic bosses?

the feeling of having to do it at max level to be competitive make me not wanna level an alt
    lets say u don't like your current main, and feel like leveling a new char and gearing it to be ready for SoO, would u? so many people wouldnt and its cause of the time consuming legendary

- - - Updated - - -

He's completely correct, the cloak is like 5% of your DPS so someone without it can absolutely out-DPS you if they are simply better.[/QUOTE]

u are drinking some strong kool aid, cape + meta can be up to 130k DPS in some fights

lets say u don't like your current main, and feel like leveling a new char and gearing it to be ready for SoO, would u?
    Did you even read my post? I said that's exactly what I did. I didn't like what I was doing, so I basically rerolled. If you're decently skilled, most guilds will take you without the cloak as long as you explain the circumstances and they know you're actively working towards it.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's perfectly reasonable that your alt can't be as geared as your main. That's why it's an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchuchu View Post
    Did you even read my post? I said that's exactly what I did. I didn't like what I was doing, so I basically rerolled. If you're decently skilled, most guilds will take you without the cloak as long as you explain the circumstances and they know you're actively working towards it.
    so having 3 month grind to switch main is ok?
    it was never like that, i dont support the "catch up" system, but 3 month to switch main or gear an alt for current content is bad