Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    This has to be one of the most uselesss, worthless and utterly disgusting Blue posts I have ever read. I cannot even begin to describe how bad this is.

Ah... how low this company has fallen.
    If you think this blue post is bad then you must not have played in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhandyn View Post
    You mean the help button that's still in the same spot it's been in the game menu for 9 years? That help button?
    why should a store icon take priority on the default UI over a feature such as help/submitting tickets?

why isnt there a crossrealm raid button?

is a store essential to gameplay in any way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    9 months of no content except for shop buttons and shop mounts.
    It's actually quite smart on blizzards behalf that if a long time between now and WoD is inevitable add preorders now and lvl 90s now to make people want the mount and play alts. It's smart for the alt part. The reason I don't play alts is because lvling is boring for me after my first char. But if I could insta 90 an alt from preorder id play it and gear it. More than 1 maybe. So it's smart to make up for incoming sub losses. Bring them back and make money off
    Of it. I know I've seen quite a chunk of people that'll play just because of the 90 boost. We may see a sub boost depending how they handle it during a time where wed get sub drops.

I normally don't complain about their store antics, but am i right in saying that brings us up to 3 ingame shop buttons now? I personally don't buy Taepsilum's reasons. I'd imagine the vast majority of players don't use stuff like Bartender or any custom action bars/menu buttons that would hide the shop logo. It's also there at the top of your menu when you go to logout/exit, something no one playing could possibly miss.

It's kind of funny when you think about it. The only other games you'd expect a shop to be labelled everywhere is a free to play game, which last time i checked WoW isn't. Now i've never been against them adding a shop but they are really pushing it hard with the amount of buttons everywhere now for it.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I already have the shop button grayed out by disabling it via Parental Controls, but it's still there. Not happy about Blizzard trying to shove their cash shop in our faces, especially in an attempt to bypass addons blocking the buttons. Sad to say it, but I think the people who opposed the Celestial Steed mount back in the day were right about what the Blizz shop would become.

On a more happy note, I'm glad to hear new info about the "true" PvP toggle. Getting inexplicably flagged by the system or going /darthvaderno as I heal another flagged player is a hassle.
    And what has it become? A place where you can buy a few novelty pets/mounts/helms that in no way affect gameplay? Ohhh noooo. Such a slippery slooope! Before you know it the entire game will be buying legendaries! Because, you know, .. we've been slipping down this slope so much! I mean, you started out with the TCG being able to buy mounts and clickie items .. and we slipped down that slope so far we now can buy MOUNTS ... and PETS! What's next, you greedy bastards?! Will we be able to buy special HAIR CUTS?! TOO FAR IS TOO FAR! /shakesfistsangrilyattheheavens

Oh man... just woke up and couldnt see it right, well its the RoS CE never mind xD

That response about the shop buttons... it's been quite a while since I've seen someone use so many words to say so little.

cant wait to enter the new raids...a npc will run up to you and ask

"hey, before you go inside, would you like to use the shop?"

"uh, no thank you"

at what point will they take a hint that this is getting a bit much?

10+ Year Old Account
    They add one button to the login screen. The login sceen, where you spend 15 seconds before getting in game. And you'd think the sky was falling.

People. Seriously. Chill... It's a button. Nobody is forcing you to use ANYTHING.

Deleted
    Might as well replace the 'login' button to 'shop'

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    Endgame in Cata? Are we playing the same game?
    Didn't cata had a raid, and several instances? what did MOP end game patch add?

one raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Xivilai View Post
    The people's problem is that Blizz is implementing pay to win features
    No. Stop right there. You're wrong already.

People just love to qq. And now people are saying a year of Dragon Soul is better then the current endgame? What the hell are you all smoking? Seriously, do yourselves a favour and shut up fo a bit and actually think before motormouthing. Or go for a walk instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hero-link View Post
    Didn't cata had a raid, and several instances? what did MOP end game patch add?

one raid?
    One really good raid, a battleground (I think) and Timeless Isle. Not to mention Flex difficulty with cross-realm grouping!

Are you really going to say Dragon Soul was better then SoO? Really?

What's the point of adding shop buttons and shop items if we can't get into the game because the login servers are crap?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    What's the point of adding shop buttons and shop items if we can't get into the game because the login servers are crap?
    First fair point in this whole crazy "omgwtf-shop-button-discussion" ^^

Hopefully they put a shop button in the middle of the screen, we also need tons of in-game ads.

Deleted
    Does that Behind the scenes DVD is only about Diablo 3 or is there about WoW too???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    I normally don't complain about their store antics, but am i right in saying that brings us up to 3 ingame shop buttons now? I personally don't buy Taepsilum's reasons. I'd imagine the vast majority of players don't use stuff like Bartender or any custom action bars/menu buttons that would hide the shop logo.
    They needed the one on the login screen, if they want to sell 90s. Else you'd have to create a lv1 character and then in game up it to lv 90. Awkward.
    Now you can buy and create a 90 right away.

The one in the micro menu can be hidden via addon. I have a little addon that eliminates it and brings the help icon back.
    The one in the ESC menu is the truly useless one, that one is there so people that do have addons get reminded there's a shop.

Now we can argue about the ridiculous golden border (I bet it'll blink or flash when they're done with it).
    Or we can argue about the moronic fact that the buttons are still there (greyed out) when I disable the shop in my parental controls.
    These 2 actually bother me.

Oh and did you know they already have the tech to make ingame popups possible? I wonder how long it'll take for us to need a ShopBlockPlus addon... >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Does that Behind the scenes DVD is only about Diablo 3 or is there about WoW too???
    Why would there be stuff about WoW in the DIABLO III collectors edition?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm a paying customer, don't tell me what I can or can't be upset about. I have the right to complain about whatever the fuck I want. Only here would people be praised for not liking something but staying silent and bending over and taking it. In the rest of the world it's a sign of strength when you stick up for something you don't like. If the cable company is screwing you I don't see legions of cable company fanboys whining about how you should just shut up and that the cable company is just trying to make tv better bla bla bla. You need a reality check. When the cook at your restaurant screws up your steak you're welcome to shut the hell up and take it and not complain. Some of us have a spine and voice our opinions and tell the cook to make a new steak. We're allowed to do that no? I mean this is a discussion forum is it not?
    You are perfectly allowed to complain about whatever you want, but don't get mad at other people that see you as a spoiled brat for complaining about a BUTTON.... That's only on the LOGIN SCREEN!!!! That is not even comparable to anyone "screwing you", or getting your steak messed up at a restaurant. That is so incredibly minor I don't even understand how anyone could be THAT enraged over it. Yes, I will admit it is the TINIEST of nuisances... nothing to get worked up over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Shitty Collesctors Edition with digital content only. What the fuck happened to action figures?
    What action figures? That's the standard content of a Blizzard CE. The only exceptions were the SC2 CE, which had Starcraft on a fancy USB stick, and the D3 CE, which had D2 on an even fancier USB stick.