Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Am i the only one who do not care about Shop buttons?

It's like if you never PvP just don't press the button.

Also it's not P2W or a road to P2W, it gives cosmetic rewards.. for money. For you it's better if Blizzard gets richer from other people's money who you don't know as they'll have more resource to make the game better.

A bit other topic, but even if they make Boost to 90 a payable thing.. why care so much? Maybe the guy will be too noob to play the class properly at insta90, but if yes he won't even reach your level of gameplay content so you won't meet him or get drawn back by him. What if the guy is your guildmate who is playing for 8 years and your guild needs a good healer so bad instantly, or your arena mate rerolls to reach ratings with a class he already maxed 5 times before on other realms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the only one. I don't really care either. If I want to use the shop, I will, and I will be grateful it is easy to access. If I don't want to use it, I won't, and...well...I won't.

I could care less. I've used it to buy the new mount and it's a hell of a lot easier then logging onto the website.

And don't pay much attention to all of the idiots who think that buying a 90 is bad. They're just causing drama to make themselves feel important.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Not the only one. I don't really care either. If I want to use the shop, I will, and I will be grateful it is easy to access. If I don't want to use it, I won't, and...well...I won't.
    Well said. I could care less about it, unless there's something I really like and will buy (mount, pet, charity event, etc). What other people spend their money on is their business. So long as anything that isn't cosmetic or QoL (leveling boosts, etc) isn't added (I.e. Gear), I won't care what's added to the store.

Yes you are the only one who do not care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I've used it to buy the new mount and it's a hell of a lot easier then logging onto the website.
    At least it's even more convenient.

And no, I really don't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    It's like if you never PvP just don't press the button.

Also it's not P2W or a road to P2W, it gives cosmetic rewards.. for money. For you it's better if Blizzard gets richer from other people's money who you don't know as they'll have more resource to make the game better.

A bit other topic, but even if they make Boost to 90 a payable thing.. why care so much? Maybe the guy will be too noob to play the class properly at insta90, but if yes he won't even reach your level of gameplay content so you won't meet him or get drawn back by him. What if the guy is your guildmate who is playing for 8 years and your guild needs a good healer so bad instantly, or your arena mate rerolls to reach ratings with a class he already maxed 5 times before on other realms?
    I don't care about the button and I very rarely even notice it.

As far as people complaining about the payable boosts it's because it's something new. If you look back at the change over the past 9 years of WoW every chance/addition to the game is met with resistance, complaining or down right rage.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What is this, 9gag? No, you are never the only one.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't realize how much damage it's doing to it's own game. A game that was once about patience and journey is now all about instant gratification.

And it should be obvious that Blizzard is quite desperate if they're allowing you to pay to reach level 90. (Sellout much?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think it's a bit pointless...like all of the features they could have added/ changed they decided being able to use the ingame shop to buy one of the 10 items available was important? >.< Like in games such as rift/swtor/dcuo etc you have multiple tabs cram packed with items..in wow you get a couple of pets and a couple of mounts....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I had 1 race transfer - is that even on the shop?
    It isn't. You have to go to the Battle.net account page for character services.

Btw: I wonder why the helmets aren't in the ingame-store. Would make sense I guess.

Whenever you think to yourself "am I the only one..." you can always assume you are not the only one.

Not trying to be a jerk, but for topics like this (and almost all), it always falls to 3 attitudes: I like the change, I don't like the change, I don't care.

To imply that one single person would fall into one of these categories is silly.

On topic: I could not care less. It makes sense to have the shop icon in the game so you don't have to tab out. It makes it a more seamless experience. It also integrates with character creation, so it's really a no-brainer to have it in the character selection screen. I doubt I'll be purchasing any 90s, so it just won't affect me. People are so high strung about this game. I dunno if it's because it's so old and they hate all the change or what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureqt View Post
    Blizzard doesn't realize how much damage it's doing to it's own game. A game that was once about patience and journey is now all about instant gratification.

And it should be obvious that Blizzard is quite desperate if they're allowing you to pay to reach level 90. (Sellout much?)
    Blizzard does as much damage to the game as the community does(Realm transfers and such). There's no instant gratification to get 90. I think putting free 90's in the shop is over the top but it's not instant gratification. Maybe if there was instant 100's you might have a point. You also are forgetting. 100 levels is very overwhelming to a new player.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Azureqt View Post

Correction, the players once cared about patience and the journey. Now all they want is instant gratification. If blizzard wasn't giving the players what they wanted, they wouldn't have 7 million people subscribed to this game. Sure that's down from the peak, but you can't expect the game to go up up up up. There's bound to be peaks and troughs over the long term.

I'm not saying blizzard's actions don't contribute or exacerbate the problem, but you have to admit that instant gratification is NOT limited to video games or the Internet. It's a general societal shift. It's why people are so overweight in some cases. They can't forego short term pleasures for long term health.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't care either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "What button? "

That should properly express how little I care about the shop button.

Hell, I even know about the button, due to all the QQ about it, but I have to admit, last night when I logged to do a LFR wing, I didn't even notice the stupid thing.

And don't pay much attention to all of the idiots who think that buying a 90 is bad. They're just causing drama to make themselves feel important.
    I'm just worried that this is a stepping stone for them to start selling gear in a Pay2Win style format. I'm okay with buying 90s, but I'm not okay with it evolving any further than that.

"Well, people don't want to have to go through the leveling process anymore, so let's offer a cash service to let them skip it" can easily turn into "well, people don't want to have to go through the raiding/gear collecting process anymore, so let's offer a cash service to let them skip it". There's a very fine line on the P2W argument, and they currently have a few toes across the line.

As far as the original topic about the buttons goes, no. I don't care that they're pushing buttons in my face to spend even more money. As long as the services they provide do NOT escalate in power past Level 90, I really, really, don't care. The day they cross the line even more is the day this game dies.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So many complaints about "seeing" the button during play, and how there have been regular requests asking how it can be hidden.
    So blizzard respond with one you can't hide, but had a significant bonus that nobody seems willing to talk about.
    You don't see it at any point once logged into a character.
    You do do what you want via addons for the other two, the Micromenu and Game Menu button.

Blizzard responded to the behaviour of the community, and the community whines again.
    Acting like a bunch of immature spoilt brats.
    Get over yourselves, or go leave to play something else and leave the community in a better state as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Exactly this, I could care less.

I could care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Exactly this, I could care less.
    I couldn't. At all.