Elemental DPS help request

Hey all,

I'm at the point where my DPS is starting to hold the raid group back from progression. I made the switch from enhance early this tier so that our 10 man could get the 5% spell haste buff so I'm still a bit new at this, but I just can't for the life of me figure out why I'm doing so poorly. I've simmed myself with simulationcraft, and it's saying that on a lightmovement fight I should be around 290k. On a fight like H:Protectors, using the epeen bot on raiddps.com, I'm consistently coming in the bottom third of all parses on world of logs.

Currently, I run elementarist to help with my priority list. It's great for single target fights, and allows me to concentrate on timers and group positioning when in the fight. In the past, I've used weakauras, but I've found that most of what's show in elementarist is duplicated in any weakauras setups I find. I wouldn't be against altering this setup.

So, here's my info.

Armory: Delanath@ysondre

The logs are going to be from both heroic and normal.

Night 1 logs First four bosses. We're currently working on Sha, so there are a dozen or so wipes in there.

Night 2 logs These are all normal mode bosses, up through Siegecrafter.

Night 3 logs Finished out the raid.

Any tips would be appreciated. I feel like I'm missing something important when it comes to how I'm playing elemental. I know the stuff on icy-veins, I know how I should be reforging, I just can't figure out why all of this info I know isn't translating to decent play.

How on earth did you manage to get 19.26% hit. If anything, then your overall stats are just shit. Switch Petrified Pennyroyal(HC) Ring with Signet of the Dinomancers(N), if possible and get the tier shoulders. Yes, you will lose some int, but the overall haste/mastery gain outweighs the loss.
    And your weapon is one of the worst aswell. Aim for the Garrosh Heirloom or the mace from Dark Shamans
    Now, looking at your longest Sha fight, then 1) Earthquake- WTF man, it's not worth the use, I have no idea why you cast it, waste of a cooldown.
    2) I can't tell for sure, but your Unleash Flame uptime seems low, since you have the talent aswell, you should use it pretty much on cooldown.
    3) Searing totem uptime is low at best, can't tell you how high it is, since im not to good at keeping it up, 23% is bad.
    Other than that, I personally like mastery more than haste, and I would suggest going full on mastery, since your gear could maintain the 30%+ haste point, but thats just my opinion.

Yeah, I've been after a better weapon for a while now. I usually use my coins on immerseus for the trinket, siegecrafter for shoulders, and Garrosh if we make it to him. I could start targeting dark shaman and maybe not worry too much about the shoulders or Garrosh since there's so much RNG there.

I only tend to use earthquake when we start getting a ton of reflections and a tank has them all gathered up. The other thing I could do is just pre-preemptively drop a magma totem on the spot where they generally come up.

As for the rest of my stats, it's all based off simming. My haste scale factor, currently is 4.54, mastery is 4.0 and crit is 3.7. My reforge plots are currently showing that if I shift any more haste into mastery I'm going to start losing DPS. If I go higher into haste at the cost of mastery then I stay relative constant for about 1700 points then start to drop off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Yeah, I've been after a better weapon for a while now. I usually use my coins on immerseus for the trinket, siegecrafter for shoulders, and Garrosh if we make it to him. I could start targeting dark shaman and maybe not worry too much about the shoulders or Garrosh since there's so much RNG there.
    Try to roll on Norushen instead of Garrosh. The neck and shield that he drops are pretty much BIS.

You raid 10 man with two warlocks and a mage? That must suck so fucking hard lol.

On topic: I'll probably look through your logs later, but I'm on lunch in 5 minutes so :P

Your gear sucks, nearly all of it is terribly itemized! You're also raiding with locks and mages, the kings of single target (well except ferals). As an elemental shaman, you shouldn't be even close to them on single target bosses, AoE of course is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You raid 10 man with two warlocks and a mage? That must suck so fucking hard lol.

On topic: I'll probably look through your logs later, but I'm on lunch in 5 minutes so :P

Your gear sucks, nearly all of it is terribly itemized! You're also raiding with locks and mages, the kings of single target (well except ferals). As an elemental shaman, you shouldn't be even close to them on single target bosses, AoE of course is a different story.
    Oh, that was just the Thok fight. One of our tanks switched to his Lock to see if he could get something from a coin off of him. Our current DPS setup is a Mage, Lock, Fury Warrior, Rogue and myself.

The funny thing about my gear is that the same shit always drops off the same bosses, almost every week. I can't tell you how many times we've sharded intellect mail at this point.

I want you to check out the ring on my armory, 10 man loot sucks I've rolled on Shamans every week and never seen his trinket drop either. SOOOOO glad Mythic is coming soon aside from having to expand our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    I want you to check out the ring on my armory, 10 man loot sucks I've rolled on Shamans every week and never seen his trinket drop either. SOOOOO glad Mythic is coming soon aside from having to expand our roster.
    Bitch please,I used the ring from jin'rokh until I got one from Immersius last week

I actually would go for gaze of arrogance if hit is an issue. The crit is not a great stat but it has some value over hit past 15%

I feel you on the lack of specific gear.

I've had Frenzied Crystal of Rage since week 2 of Normal clearing this tier (upon switching from enh)

I've killed Dark Shamans over 25 times between Flex/Normal/Heroic using a coin almost all of the time. For a while, I was coining Flex Shamans because even with the heroic bosses we had down, that was all I needed.

SOBQQ