Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 runestones in 14 bosses?

This past week I had 4 runestones coming into this tuesdays reset, I literally only got runestones from bosses that are 100% drop rate which equates to only 2 in 14 bosses... It's extremely frustrating.

Anyone else have this bad of luck?

15+ Year Old Account
    almost everyone has had the same rng, that is why it is rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone a week without getting any.

Be grateful you at least get 2 guaranteed now.
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

got my cloak ages ago, but this was before any boss had 100% chance at rune stones. time between first and second stone was 5 weeks.

I just don't understand how you can do 14 bosses and only get 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jrswish1g View Post
    I just don't understand how you can do 14 bosses and only get 2.
    Because of the wonderful thing we all love called RNG

Deleted
    dont runestones have a droprate of 25%? So in expectation you would have between 3 and 4 runestones by now. Having 2 runestones pretty much qualifies as "bad luck"

edit: just read op more carefully, you got 0 out of the expected 3 -> just more "bad luck"

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Because of the wonderful thing we all love called RNG
    RNG isn't the real problem. LOOT TABLE with one RIDICULOUS LOW AMOUNT OF VALID NUMBERS is.

If the loot table had a great array of numbers that return as valid ones, Random Number Generator would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going from 6 bosses and no 100% chance to get one this quest took people months. Now its 100% getting 2 a week, this takes 6 weeks minimum if you are really really unlucky. You really cant complain, and as other have said, RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    dont runestones have a droprate of 25%? So in expectation you would have between 3 and 4 runestones by now. Having 2 runestones pretty much qualifies as "bad luck"

edit: just read op more carefully, you got 0 out of the expected 3 -> just more "bad luck"
    I seriously doubt that number. It's more like 2.5% or 0,25%
    Perhaps you misunderstood 0,25% as 0,25 chance of dropping.

10+ Year Old Account
    This past week I had 4 runestones coming into this tuesdays reset, I literally only got runestones from bosses that are 100% drop rate which equates to only 2 in 14 bosses... It's extremely frustrating.

Stop complaining.. I had 5 weeks without any stones (or was it secrets?), before Lei Shen was changed to 100%.... And I did 6K valor, not the nerfed 3K...
    I had 37 Sigil of Power, before i had my 12 Sigil of Wisdom...

Legendary quest is easier than ever...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-01-31 at 01:15 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I went into what I hoped to be the last week with 9/12 once. Figure what happened. Yes, it was frustrating. However on the other hand I managed to get 7 stones in a single week on another character as well, so I won't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I seriously doubt that number. It's more like 2.5% or 0,25%
    Perhaps you misunderstood 0,25% as 0,25 chance of dropping.
    25% seems pretty accurate. Which equals to about a bit less than one runstone per LFR part, I think that's a normal rate.
    The chance that you won't get a runestone with a 25% dropchance from 12 bosses (apart from the two that drop 100%) still is ~3%, so in other words not getting a single runestone apart from the guaranteed happenend to 3 out of 100 people who were on the quest this lockout.

So yeah, bad luck.

RNG is RNG. I managed to get 4 this week.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

My son got all 20 secrets in 2 weeks, took me a third to get mine done. Ran 4/14 on runestones this week. With his luck, he'll probably get 6 or more. But, I also did the whole chain on my main when it was fresh and had to wait on patches to drop before you could even progress to the next part. I'm not going to complain about the nerfed version of the chain that we have now.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    When you consider Lei Shen and the Sha of Pride are both gauranteed to drop runestones then yeah, two a week is pretty bad luck. It's kind of painful when you're thinking "Goddammit, if I had better luck this would be doable in one week!" like I did.

Got them on my main in like 6 weeks back when it was current, it took my alt 2 weeks (6 and 6) just now

I killed Marrowgar in 25-ICC for almost a year straight and saw his belt drop once (it was given to a spriest instead of me). RNG is RNG.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted

hahahahahahahah

You think that is bad luck?

Try 7 weeks with 1 runestone total killing every single boss that dropped them (this was before the fix to give guaranteed drop).

So yes I have.

Be grateful you got 2 and stop bitching.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2014-01-31 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really not worth moaning about at this point in time. It's a legendary quest and a big power gain after all.