Poll: Transmog Sets from Store!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    Nothing wrong with Transmogs in the store. Nothing wrong with more options.
    /palm

/tenchars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Are they gonna start selling fun and excitement in store too ? Feels like the game is lacking those two lately, i would like to buy more.
    Must be you. I find plenty of both ingame.

Also, why do some people not understand that the OP meant unique sets, not already available CM gear etc.?

Deleted
    As long as it doesn't reduce the ammount of transmog available in the game, nor reduce it's quality, i'm okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    It has impact on the game, anything on the store could be normally earned somewhere in the game.
    Everything on the store has no reason to be earned in the game.
    Didn't you noticed that all the mounts available in the store are simply out of place in the game ? There couldn't be any imaginable way to get it in the game and it wouldn't make sense if they were obtainable through it.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-01-31 at 12:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No transmog set from store until all classes has gotten a drop transmog set like Shamans.

Think the original post confused a bunch of people. YES! I would love some store specific armor. The helmets weren't the best rollout of the feature imo, and they were overpriced, but they could do a lot of cool stuff with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    I pay monthly for cable yet I still purchase on demand movies when I feel like it. Give the consumers more options, makes everyone happy.
    To each their own, I use things like netflix for that - I find this notion of double paying for content far too prevalent these days, DLC being the one that grinds my gears the most, a big reason I don't play consoles any more, console games are absolutely saturated in purchasable DLC.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I had to go with the second option. Not that I wish anyone to go to hell, but if more transmog sets are added they should be obtainable in game, not the store.
    And I really don't get people supporting the idea that it gets added to the store. Would you not rather play the game to get the items instead of paying money for them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    And I really don't get people supporting the idea that it gets added to the store. Would you not rather play the game to get the items instead of paying money for them?
    Depends.
    I don't plan on raiding heroics atm, so transmog sets obtainable solely via heroic raids etc. would be of no use to me anyway - thus I see no reason why I should support them more than let's say store sets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Didn't you noticed that all the mounts available in the store are simply out of place in the game ? There couldn't be any imaginable way to get it in the game and it wouldn't make sense if they were obtainable through it.
    The armored bloodwing could have been in tot, the iron skyreaver in a wod raid, heart of the aspects in cata, swift windsteed and fey dragon from anywhere in mop, etc. There are a lot of imaginable ways to add them in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Depends.
    I don't plan on raiding heroics atm, so transmog sets obtainable solely via heroic raids etc. would be of no use to me anyway - thus I see no reason why I should support them more than let's say store sets.
    But are there any transmog sets obtainable only in heroic? And if there were, why not support the idea to add those sets to other parts of the game that people do instead of the shop?

Deleted
    But are there any transmog sets obtainable only in heroic? And if there were, why not support the idea to add those sets to other parts of the game that people do instead of the shop?
    Tbh, because I really don't care if raider xyz gets another special looking set/mount or not.

Sets from in game should not be purchasable in store. But exclusive stuff, sure, I don't care.

Of course, you could make an argument that the in game gear would have less attention put into than the store stuff, it's arguable that has happened with pets. Still doesn't bother me.

Downside to buying stuff from the store is that some righteous noobs might kick you from LFR.

Deleted
    If you could buy them for gold in game, sure. But overall I would rather the store not be in the game.

The armored bloodwing could have been in tot, the iron skyreaver in a wod raid, heart of the aspects in cata, swift windsteed and fey dragon from anywhere in mop, etc. There are a lot of imaginable ways to add them in game.
    Armored Bloodwing - yes, although it would likely have shittier colours to fit the troll ones.
    Iron skyreaver - do you know it wont? I imagine wyverns will be common.
    HotA - dragon soul had 4 fucking dragon drops, 3 of which were a unique model rather than this glowy shit
    Swift windsteed - im not aware of anywhere ingame this fits at all.
    Fey drake - no emerald dream, no fey drake for ingame reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could easily come up with a reason to put them into the game. They need more events going on. Way back when, they put the little dragon pet and a tabard in game for PvP during the Olympics, then it was gone. These days, they'd just slap it up on the cash shop and reap their money. Fey Dragon could have been something to grind out for the Tauren or Night Elves for a 2 month event or something. The Alterac Brew Pup could have easily been slapped into a CTA type Alterac Valley thing where you had to kill so many players or something. The Iron Chimera monstrosity could have easily been tied to a pre-xpac event.

This type of thinking is why I hate the shop. They could be enhancing the game and giving people something to do that's not completely lore focused every two months or so with small events, but they'd rather just chuck it up on the store because people will buy into it and they have to do less work. Even if these things are something everyone can eventually get, at least the events would give us something new to do rather than sit around waiting on 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 etc. It would help keep the casual player base engaged, and give the hardcore people something else to work on for a week or two.

Blizzard really needs to step up their game again and get creative.

I'd like transmog sets in the store sure, but NOT the Challenge Mode sets as I feel we need to keep some prestige in the game still.

I'd love for the past LFR tier gear to become available as replica transmog sets tho. The LFR Mage Tier from Dragonsoul is purdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    Is there any boss riding a bat in ToT ? Or is there any bat boss ? No.
    The Iron skyreaver in a WoD raid, too bad, they don't design bosses after mounts, they create the boss and then if possible, a mount is dropable on it.
    Heart of the Aspect is so bad that I don't want it to take the Deathwing mount spot in the game as it's the only one that could fit with it
    "Swift windsteed and fey dragon from anywhere in MoP" rofl what a joker. + yeh there is a lot of fey dragons and flying goats in Pandaria.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any boss riding a bat in ToT ? Or is there any bat boss ? No.
    The Iron skyreaver in a WoD raid, too bad, they don't design bosses after mounts, they create the boss and then if possible, a mount is dropable on it.
    Heart of the Aspect is so bad that I don't want it to take the Deathwing mount spot in the game as it's the only one that could fit with it
    "Swift windsteed and fey dragon from anywhere in MoP" rofl what a joker. + yeh there is a lot of fey dragons and flying goats in Pandaria.
    You aren't thinking outside the box and what could be if the developers would put their mind to building something fun or cool instead of just tossing a new model into the store and milking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing about that is that it's something accessible to EVERYONE. Unlike challenge mode stuff that show others you are one of the few who put in the time and effort along with your skills to EARN it, the store brought crap just tells others you wasted $25 of your dad's money to buy something that everyone else could also get but are smart enough to invest on something better.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    but are smart enough to invest on something better.
    Challenge Mode boosts to get sets that show others that "you are one of the few who put in the time and effort along with your skills to EARN it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Depends.
    Admittedly you can get them later on, like how anyone can run heroic T11 for that awesome Mage set now. While store stuff you'll always have to buy..