Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Can you please just let it rest. LEVELING REQUIRES LITTLE IF NO SKILL, NOR DOES IT TEACH NEW PLAYERS ANYTHING FOR ENDGAME - There is no achievement in hitting 90 after your first character, only relief.

I'll repeat: It. Doesn't. Matter.

The bad players are already around. And at least the boost will provide some introductory training, whereas leveling teaches almost nothing of raiding or endgame PvP.
    It doesn't take skill for a player that has been playing and keeping their knowledge of the game fresh like most people on here, yes. Giving someone a level 90 that is absolutely unaware of the changes made to the game or has no idea how a MMO works has to use their brain to level. It takes skill for them. And, in doing so, they learn how to play the game. The misconception of most people is that if they know how to do something, everyone knows how to do it at this exact moment. That would be a close assumption, but not exactly how things work. People are capable of knowing what you know, but there is a little factor people leave out called time. Leveling does teach you something over time, but at a certain point, you stop learning from it. It's going to be rather tough trying to do anything with people that haven't played the game in awhile or at all. I'm not for singling out these people, but I figured I should point this out.

So... Restrict the service for those who have already gotten to 90 on a prior toon? That would strip the problem outright.

If I level from 1-90 spamming only 1 ability and not caring, and another person buys their level 90 but understands the class, what your saying is that you want some sort of recognition for my method of obtaining a level 90 because I took the long route and half assed my way to 90 with little to no understand at all of the class.

Leveling a toon is hardly an achievement.

10% Guild bonus
    45%/50% heirloom bonus
    -10% Helm
    -10% shoulder
    -10% Chest
    -10% pants
    -5% cape
    -5% ring (from fishing)
    10% holiday bonus (midsummer/hallow's eve)
    10% darkmoon faire bonus
    300% EXP from recruit a friend
    300% EXP flask from Krol the blade/Archiereus of Flame

50% EXP buff from dailies as a monk

And with reducing entire expansions worth of EXP by a third you can have a max level toon in a matter of days now, instead of the weeks and even months it used to take.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2014-02-01 at 01:18 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    If I level from 1-90 spamming only 1 ability and not caring, and another person buys their level 90 but understands the class, what your saying is that you want some sort of recognition for my method of obtaining a level 90 because I took the long route and half assed my way to 90 with little to no understand at all of the class.

Leveling a toon is hardly an achievement.

10% Guild bonus
    45%/50% heirloom bonus
    -10% Helm
    -10% shoulder
    -10% Chest
    -10% pants
    -5% cape
    -5% ring (from fishing)
    10% holiday bonus (midsummer/hallow's eve)
    10% darkmoon faire bonus
    300% EXP from recruit a friend
    300% EXP flask from Krol the blade/Archiereus of Flame

50% EXP buff from dailies as a monk

And with reducing entire expansions worth of EXP by a third you can have a max level toon in a matter of days now, instead of the weeks and even months it used to take.
    I would love to see the video where you only used 1 ability from 1 to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    So... Restrict the service for those who have already gotten to 90 on a prior toon? That would strip the problem outright.
    Now there is an idea.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    Leveling is taking a stroll along the beach. There's no real challenge in it, if you're a truly bad player you can still fail your way to max level, over and over again. What you're asking for would essentially just be a tool to help aid in discrimination against perceived "ebay" players, even though you'll likely find a lot of people buying 90 boosts are like me - low on time, high on skill, and don't mind shelling out 10 or 20 bucks if I can have a raid-ready alt that my guild needs in much less time than it would take to level it all the way from 1-100 - especially when I could work another couple hours RL and easily make up for more than the diff

The holiday bonus and faire bonus are mutually exclusive unless you log out for the time between the midsummer/hallow's end and DMF events. Just saying.

On topic: As much as I'd like a way to see people who were boosted, odds are people who are more... angered by the fact that another player didn't "suffer" through the leveling process will go "OMG THAT PLAYER'S A NOOB KICK HIM NOW", and the lemmings that play in LFD/LFR will all vote to kick him. The same exact thing happened with the cash shop crowns, items that were entirely for vanity.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2014-02-01 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because "before" there was no boosts. So no need for recognition.
    You..mad, bro?

Warning, please post something that will benefit the topic - Comments like this would be seen more as spam.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-03 at 05:05 PM.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    The holiday bonus and faire bonus are mutually exclusive unless you log out for the time between the midsummer/hallow's end and DMF events. Just saying.
    I would like to add on to this by saying that new players are more likely to not be aware of any of the experience bonuses unless they are told about them. Knowledge is power.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    IMO it does give a better understanding because you receive your abilities one by one, so it's easier to ease them into your growing rotation. When I first made a DK I had no idea what to do because I started with a bunch of random attacks and no idea which to use.
    It makes it easier to process, it doesn't necessarily give you a better understanding.

Unless you are going to create your own theorycrafting you are going to need to refer to a class guide to be playing optimally whether you level from 1-100 or from 90-100.

Given the understanding of the game that existing theorycrafters have of the game it is somewhat unlikely that a newcomer would surpass them in the time it takes them to level from 1-90, having never seen current endgame content.

So.........guide it is then.

If you've ever been in the position to create a class you have never played before on the PTR using a template, give it a go.
    Couple it with a guide and it won't take you long to at least pick up the basics. Setting up you bars will probably be the most difficult thing to do, although if you already have a few alts it won't take long.

If you want to do a comprehensive study then follow this up by levelling a character from 1-90 without reading any guides or seeking any advice. Go purely on what you can see from the information the game is giving you. Decide upon a gearing strategy based on this. Create your own ability priority system, based on tooltips.

So leveling is hard work...in 2014? Uhm OK?

Anyway people who leveled during Vanilla,TBC,etc. already have recognition, it's called Feats of Strength. (Plus the unobtainable items they can use & show-off)

Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    Why ? seriously why would you need recognition for that ?

Has the world sunk so low that you need recognition in a game for playing a game ?

I seriously don't understand why you would want this ? what difference does it make ?

Does your self-esteem come from the fact you levelled some characters by "hand' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Now there is an idea.
    This is the exact opposite point of boost to 90. Did you not watch the Blizzcon panel when it was announced?

10+ Year Old Account
    no, there was that post not long ago where they accursed people who used blizzshop and even said they kick em out of groups, it will only cause terrible terrible problems, atleast unless those people find somethin else to bitch about
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    All this would result in would be boosted chars not being able to join any groups because elitist people would require you to bring a non-boosted char. Do you remember the last time this shit happened irl? Jews getting a star sewed onto their clothing for easy recogbition? You sound more like a savage to me than anything else.

How about no to this idea... but have a Letter B for Boost hanging over a boosted toon. That way there's no doubt who to kick in LFR. (I'm joking)

But not about FOS for leveling the old fashion way..that I still don't think is warranted. Because there's different degrees of difficulty. There's RAF with Heirlooms, Heirlooms or RAF alone, Leveling the old fashioned way..Leveling in Vanilla or BC before they nerfed it...think there should be FOS for all those too? It's only fair. no? didn't think so.

I'm going to boost an alliance toon to 90... I already have all classes at 90 except for rogue. I just want an alliance toon at 90. maybe I'll get the double agent achievement which would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I would love to see the video where you only used 1 ability from 1 to 90.
    You could easily be a healer and go 1-90 casting a single heal. Given that you're wearing Heirlooms, you're going to overpower most of the content you're in while reaping higher EXP.

My Priest uses two abilities primarily - Smite and Power Word Shield. I don't even need PWS, but I've got it talented so it gives a speed boost which makes dungeon runs go faster. Smite spam is enough to keep the tank alive and will take you through all leveling content, even viable (and suggested) for LFR.

Deleted
    Yea cause curently getting boosted while leveling is that much different? I don't see why you all make a fuzz about this? You save about 24hours of boring dungeon grinding by buying a lvl 90 boost... Are you honestly telling me that those 24hours of doing dungeons makes you a pro at your class?

As for recognition that you played through content? Well you have achievements for said content? As if anyone is interested what you did 5years ago? Blizzard is helping the game improve for once!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    Are you honestly telling me that those 24hours of doing dungeons makes you a pro at your class?
    leveling the traditional way should slowly introduce you to spells and your class abilities over time. you should have real character development and learn to use different spells in different locations.

Oh this boss enraged, oh but i'm a druid and i just got "soothe". i guess i can remove that! cool.

instead you get players that have boosted to 90 instantly, have no idea how to play their character effectively and a weaker pool of players.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    leveling the traditional way should slowly introduce you to spells and your class abilities over time. you should have real character development and learn to use different spells in different locations.

Oh this boss enraged, oh but i'm a druid and i just got "soothe". i guess i can remove that! cool.

instead you get players that have boosted to 90 instantly, have no idea how to play their character effectively and a weaker pool of players.
    Learning full range of class abilities is not at all necessary in traditional leveling.

I initially got to level cap in BC. Did a bit of pvp, couple looks inside Kara ... Wrath launches, I level again, get to cap ... do a bit of t7 raiding, bit of t8 raiding ... joined a new guild and only then realized I didn't know jack about how to play. Then I learned because I wanted to know, and most of that learning took place on WoW fansites.

Someone who wants to know will figure it out, no matter how they got there. Same for the inverse -- someone who doesn't care will not learn, no matter how they got there.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.